Submission Text Full Submission Page
Used Gens tas version, v11a
Speed run of Golden Axe 2 on the genesis, it is a few minutes longer than Golden Axe 1 because you can’t strike enemies that are off the screen, so sometimes you have to wait quite a few frames to let them get closer. The only solution is to keep them in the middle of the screen. I used down-stab most of the time as this is the most powerful move (and hardest to hit with).
Game mode is set to Hard, with minimum health, no hits taken.
Level 1: Very easy, the first enemies are slow and stupid so it is easy to manipulate them and hit them at the same time. I used dragon as they can hit enemies out of reach off the side of the screen, and barge faster. Mages are easy as there’s so few of them.
Level 2. I use magic on the first group, pink soldiers are harder to manipulate than others. I don’t use the dragon as that one sucks, and I needed to throw skeletons into pit. Skeletons take a while to die, but are much easier to manipulate than other enemies. I hit the main boss twice, one before the magic and again after, glitching through his sword.
Level 3. Blue group have low hp so die fast. I use the pits as much as possible, until you are forced to carryon.
Level 4. Again, I use the pits as much as possible until you are forced to go off-screen. I manage to stab 3 skeletons at once, but when there’s lots of enemies there’s usually one that strays away.
Level 5. Nothing that interesting here, I use the fire dragon at all times as it can shoot off screen. I have to dance a bit as the AI attempts to separate all the time.
Level 6. Stab multiple lizards at once, I HAVE to use magic on the large group to keep them contained or they run everywhere. Use all my magic on the Cerberus’ as they have huge hp and are in awkward position. Flame the hell out of the rest of the enemies.
Level 7. I force the 2 Cerberus’ together against the pillar and just stab them. I use my spare magic on the next two. Then stab them. Throw skeletons right on edge which is why they don’t fall straight away. Skeleton randomly falls off screen.
Level 8. Surprisingly easy, just stab.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2231: Pikachu's Genesis Golden Axe II in 13:51.22
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
I think there is a nice embryo for a good movie here, but it needs to be polished a lot before it can be published. Motions are not very exact, damage and magic doesn't seem that well planned. Some things to check: - Is downstrike really the best attack all the time? The enemies lie down doing nothing for a long time afterwards. - Can it be done better in 2-player? - Do all the characters have the same damage?
Former player
Truncated wrote:
I think there is a nice embryo for a good movie here, but it needs to be polished a lot before it can be published. Motions are not very exact, damage and magic doesn't seem that well planned. Some things to check: - Is downstrike really the best attack all the time? The enemies lie down doing nothing for a long time afterwards. - Can it be done better in 2-player? - Do all the characters have the same damage?
- yes, downstrike is the best, it takes the most energy in the least amount of time, which is why it is the hardest move to hit enemies with, try doing it yourself normally and you'll see what I mean - no this is one player mode like the GA1 run - the only different between characters is magic and weapon attack area, the dwarfs axe has much a larger attack area but this makes is negligible difference when using powerful magic, also the special moves are slightly different also many parts you think can be polished can't be due to how hit detection works, enemies cannot be hit until they properly standing up or have come into range from off the side of the screen, or the attacks just miss
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... 'twas dry
Former player
cancelled after reading http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7552 i need to rethink my strategies
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
This serves as a nice test run at least. I was thinking a run of this game would push closer to 20minutes. Nice to know it can be completed much faster.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Former player
i dont mind if anyone puts it on YouTube