Submission Text Full Submission Page

Game objectives

• Emulator used: Snes9x 1.43+ v15.3 rerecording
  • Aims for fastest time.

Comments

Clue is a fairly known board game. But I decide to take all of the detective work out of it. This submission is a 9 frame improvment over the last one. Also it includes the person who did it being my player itself. The hard part about this was finding the right combination because I think there's about 324 different options. This is my first submission to this site, and it won't be the last ;)
Thanks to Feasel and Oguz, because there TAS was a good guideline for me. Enjoy!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2236: Kyman's SNES Clue in 00:26.92
Banned User, Former player
Unless someone discovers something about the game mechanics that we've missed, this is the absolute fastest time in which the game can be completed. Even in TAS, how often can you say that?
-- Ways to gaurentee your submission will be obsoleted before it is even judged #137
Perma-banned
A 12 year old has done something a 22 year old could not: complete a TAS. Good job Kyman! /me bows humbly
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Brb, deleting youtube upload. >.>"" Please just at least GURANTEE that this is the fastest possible. xD
Banned User
Either way I'm at work now so I can't make other encodes. Also I'll abstain from voting on this for a few days, you can never know if someone else will find an even faster solution. But, if in two days, nobody supersedes this, I'll give it a yes.
Gone.
Senior Moderator
Xkeeper wrote:
gaurentee
Flygon wrote:
GURANTEE
Garantee!
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
TASVideos, we now have tool assisted grammar correcting.
Banned User, Former player
moozooh wrote:
Xkeeper wrote:
gaurentee
Flygon wrote:
GURANTEE
Garantee!
I only swapped the letters (it's guarantee), minor typo. :| You could also say it's one of those words. The ones I don't use frequently enough to memorize the proper spelling of, or learned the wrong way in the first place (like "surprise", in which I always dropped the first r) :|
Perma-banned
Experienced player (617)
I hate telling you this, but you could have looked at everyones cards before the game started to see who the killer was instead of trying all the combinations. What I don't get though is how you saved 9 frames from seemingly nothing.
Measure once. Cut twice.
andymac wrote:
I hate telling you this, but you could have looked at everyones cards before the game started to see who the killer was instead of trying all the combinations. What I don't get though is how you saved 9 frames from seemingly nothing.
He is magical... and Canadian.
adelikat wrote:
Bobmario511 wrote:
Experienced player (617)
well, I knew he was Canadian, but magical? pffft. Feasel and oguz were found (gasp) of having a substandard TAS I accuse Kyman, of being magical a pro, in onatario, Canada. Did I crack the case?
Measure once. Cut twice.
You forgot the weapon! FCEUX on a computer, with a [U] ROM! In his parlor! In Canada!
adelikat wrote:
Bobmario511 wrote:
Experienced player (617)
OH MY GOD my head is going to asplode
Measure once. Cut twice.
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
andymac wrote:
I hate telling you this, but you could have looked at everyones cards before the game started to see who the killer was.
Sig Material :-D
Editor, Active player (428)
Er, if you really want to know, I saved the frames in the menu and 1 frame in the game.
This needs to remain in the Workbench for minimum 1 month, as we all know there's going to be a frame war sometime in that period.. and it'll be something trivial like 1-2 frames... [Why does Super Pitfall now come to mind] Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Active player (440)
Sticky wrote:
You forgot the weapon! FCEUX on a computer, with a [U] ROM! In his parlor! In Canada!
Go us! :D
My current project: Something mysterious (oooooh!) My username is all lower-case letters. Please get it right :(
Banned User
Well, two days without an obsoletion are enough for me to vote YES.
Gone.
We can only hope this game gets the same abuse that monopoly did all those years ago. But there is less to play with here, so Ill just vote yes.
Has never colored a dinosaur.
Editor, Expert player (2459)
I think the input should be ended earlier, like this: http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1645876230/Clue-3-players.gmv Meh.
I can't get to the Game Over screen by ending the input earlier. (I can't watch that movie as Gens doesn't like my computer but i'm making an assumption as to what you're saying.)
Player (120)
Thanks for tubin', I've been too lazy to fire up the emulator (ComicalFlop is right!). Kind of amusing, probably moreso to someone who is not familiar with what is terribly simple to do in a TAS. Kind of reminds me of Wheel of Fortune. Will have a home in Gruefood Delight in any case :D
I make a comic with no image files and you should read it. While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free. -Eugene Debs
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
Ok, that seemed pointless. Not an interesting TAS concept to me. "Peek at the answer with savestates". It is along the lines of wheel of fortune, jeopardy, etc. I'll vote no.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Active player (292)
I voted yes, but that was before the sda run was accepted, is this any faster then that one?