Submission Text Full Submission Page

This is my first run.

I dont know what to say, so i go ahead to details.
The Storyline:

This game is about Jake and Elwood, fanatic for blues music, they felt into a wacky adventure. The real game name is "The Blues Brothers: Jukebox Adventure", but for some reason the SNES version got title changed. This game has 35 stages, no bosses, you can either choose Jake or Elwood, by pressing slect at the character screen.
Goals:
  • Finish fast as possible.
  • Takes damage to save time.
Movie Information:
  • Use WIP1 Timing
  • Fake Mute desync workaround
  • 20m13s
  • 72789 frames
  • used Snes9x-1.43 - improvement15.1 - win32
Tricks:

Elwood is faster and jumps higher, in other hand, little Jake is stronger.
In the very beggining of each stage your character will be invencible for some frames, i used that just in stage 31.
I didnt find any glitches in this game, exept for one which freezes the character.

Truncated: Hmm... sad to say this doesn't look that well optimised.
For example at the start of stage 6, you jump up some platforms, but even though you are going right later you dont keep on the right side of them. In the first basement level when climbing chains, you don't jump up them, you only climb, even though i can see in the rest of the movie that this is possible. You don't keep very close when following the spiked balls in stage 8. You bump into several corners and lose your momentum etc. Taking all this together it seems a bit sloppy.
I will reject this movie, but do try again. The game is a uneventful but I think it could be made interesting to watch. 2 player might be a good idea, if it doesn't slow the action down too much. It seems 2-player plays different stages also...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2242: wicked's SNES The Blues Brothers in 20:13.15
Active player (292)
Remember that time in the movie when Elwood shrinks down and plays some generic platforming to collect records and find jukeboxes? Good to see a new TASer ( not sure I can say that cuz you've been registered longer then I have ) I've never played the game so I can't be sure, but it looked like there were some places that this could be improved. The biggest problem entertainment wise is when your waiting for a few seconds most of the time you just stand in place and wait for the obstacle to move, it's ok that one time near the end so we can see him dance. Most of the time it would be better if you would be creative, do stuff like walk away and then run back and jump through the gap on the first possible frame. Personally I'm OK with a few mistakes in a run for a game that's new, but the levels were very repetitive and the game play was very generic
Active player (417)
Very good run. But a 2 player cooperative would be better. Voting Meh.
Maybe you can try play 2 characters at once, i couldnt, i did my best ;) Some satges Elwood couldnt move, because pits or spikes. I tryed taking damage jumping over the spikes, but didnt worked. So I waited for the moving plataforms to get throgh these obstacles and complete the stage.
Run..Run...Run.....
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
I tried to watch this movie to judge it, but snes9x locks up on me. I think it's the emulator rather than the ROM or movie, but it never happens while playing normally. Only when playing back movies... I'll see if I can fix it so this movie can get a judgement soon. About 2 players, perhaps it would be interesting, but if one is slower than the other that probably means trouble. The faster one will be stuck waiting for the slower one to catch up all the time.
Experienced player (611)
Truncated wrote:
I tried to watch this movie to judge it, but snes9x locks up on me. I think it's the emulator rather than the ROM or movie, but it never happens while playing normally. Only when playing back movies...
Try unchecking Sync samples with sound CPU.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
What do you know, that worked! Thanks VANDAL! I'll get right to it.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, salty!