Submission Text Full Submission Page
Hi,this is improved TAS of before. This run take everything faster.
1-This hack end when you get Screw Attack
2-This hack is very short,but awesome
3-This is my second submission here...

mmbossman: Rejecting for not being a previously approved hack, along with several other problems mentioned in both threads.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2284: ZENEO9's SNES Super Metroid Maze in 01:05.52
Active player (497)
What hack is this? I searched on google and the closest I could find was this, which apparently ends when you get the screw attack, as mentioned in your previous submission.
I know but second TAS is 5 seconds faster
"The life is like you create it"
arflech
He/Him
Please cancel the previous submission.
i imgur com/QiCaaH8 png
So it is a TAS of an incomplete hack?
Experienced player (859)
Not only is this a mini-hack (probably not even that, it's just too retardedly small), but I also noticed about 9 seconds of improvements in the YouTube version of this run; every bombjump can be replaced with a normal jump, and the screw attack ball can probably be shot normally.
Assuming this is the run in question, I agree, there are clearly areas where you could do a normal jump instead of a bomb jump. I don't think it's possible to do a midair morph if you only have three tiles to work with, but there were plenty of situations where you had more headroom. In general, I would say that if you've made a submission for Super Metroid without showing it to any of the experts on these forums, then it contains at least one mistake. :) There's too many niggling little details about TASing Super Metroid. If you want to make your submission a surprise, you can try contacting the experts directly (Um, off the top of my head and in no particular order there's Kriole, CPAdolf, Saturn, Hero of the Day, and Moozooh; I'm sure I'm missing at least one other).
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
if that is the hack we're talking about, it's a very lame hack. you barely do anything in it. and if that video is of this particular run, it already has a lot going against it. gameplay is incredibly inferior, to the point where it could be played quicker without TASing. you really shouldn't have to bomb jump at all. not to mention this run doesn't start from clear SRAM.
This is more of a walkthrough than a TAS. The bomb usage is not close to optimized, even if it were necessary. I'm not a TASer, only a watcher, and I can still see and point out a bevy of things that can be done to improve this submission. #1 on the list is choosing a different game to TAS, because the point of a maze is in the erring and learning inherent in a human mind playing the maze--something a TAS, as a defining trait, eliminates.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... sweet!