Submission Text Full Submission Page
Some details: - SNES9x v1.51 +v6 for Windows - Tool Assisted - Special Begining - Very Hard mode - All rounds got perfect win - Full finish moves - Verus with Jade secret character - Liu Kang's infinite combo

mmbossman: Looks like people don't like this. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2293: NhatNM's SNES Mortal Kombat II in 15:46.62
Someone voted NO 5 minutes after this topic was posted.
Skilled player (1402)
Please read the submission instructions. How does this movie relate to the published movie?
Player (208)
Unfortunately we don't always publish the fastest movies for every game, because, as with this submission, the results aren't always entertaining. This run is fast, but provides no entertainment. For most games speed provides the most entertainment, but for fighting games we generally publish "superhuman" videos, as they provide much greater entertainment. Most fighting games on this site have movies made purely for entertainment, to avoid watching one move being used like this. I have to vote no. I would encourage you to look for a game you can play with superhuman precision and entertain us. We don't really want to see a run this repetitive, regardless of how fast it completes the game. See the published movie Baxter linked for a better idea of what we're looking for (for fighting games at least).
Skilled player (1402)
Also voted no, sorry. Completing the entire game with a single move might be the fastest... but it's not very entertaining.
That certainly was a speedrun. No vote though
Flagrant yes. This is the only example I've ever seen of a fighting game movie that deserved to be outside of concept demos. Completely unreal to me that this gets voted down.
voting no, 1 move to beat the whole game is a bit too repetitive + for a TAS it's unoptimised, saw the 3 first battles, the last bicycle kick in every rounds could be avoided, the enemy have just enough HP for a upercut or a HK witch have a fastest animation (or a combinaison LP, upercut or lp HK.)
Player (120)
mortal kombat is a pretty kool guy. eh walks on people's faces and doesn't... ok sorry. But seriously, if the disco ball move isn't in any of the published tases it should be.
I make a comic with no image files and you should read it. While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free. -Eugene Debs
Chamale
He/Him
Player (178)
Voting Meh. I would have voted yes for the face-walking and disco ball fatalities, but as noted, the TAS is not as fast as it could be. I agree with what Nicos said about the last bicycle kick.
ventuz
He/Him
Player (123)
watched that zing, couldn't enjoy - no.
Augh....so.....boring....
Experienced player (612)
Hmm... My first TAS of this game showed that trick off in the very first fight. My first TAS of this game was also faster than this. I also noticed you didn't abuse the bicycle kick from before the fight started (if you hold low-kick before the fight even starts, it'll think you've been holding it for ages meaning you could instantly start the bicycle kick if you let go of low-kick on the correct frame). So yeah, no vote.
Fighting game TASes need to be exciting. Not an all out Bicycle Kick fest. You should have used Shang Tsung instead of Lui Kang. You can transform into any of 12 characters (except for Shang himself obviously) from the game as him. No.
Currently working on: -Possibly the Wily Tower (Mega Man the Wily Wars)
Banned User
I watched the movie, I think Vandal did it better. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a tool-assisted Shang Tsung entertaining us in MK 3 as much as it was in this game (and I really love to see that!) I am the 13th user to vote no.
Boring and inefficient.
SDR
Skilled player (1360)
edit >>> decision cacelled>>> save, ok or you hope be rejected? = ) choose shang tsung to vid of Mortal Kombat = )
whatever worth doing, is worth doing well
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
The only good thing about this movie were the finishing moves. Everything else got boring in a hurry. Voting no.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
SDR
Skilled player (1360)
the game "completed" only in a technique? >(, i hate this run >(
whatever worth doing, is worth doing well
Expert player (2582)
Seems like you don't spent much time with this one... 451 rerecords and you call it a TAS??? No way man.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
Rerecord counts are not the standard to judge a run by. They're a potential indicator, but ultimately you have to judge the results, not the number of woodshavings on the floor. :)
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... minty!
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Can fightings be unrejected for Vault?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
feos wrote:
We had to get rid of another run because they didn't actually de- Actually for this one yes. it's old enough to be revived for a chance at the vault.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Skilled player (1706)
feos wrote:
There's already a Mortal Kombat II run for the SNES in the moon tier, but Idk.