Submission Text Full Submission Page
speedrun 100 piece de sueper mario 64 avec re-record et frame advance utiliser pour le speedrun speedrun fait avec une mannete pour pc pour le speedrun jais utiliser beacoup de saut en longuer pour gagner le plus de vitesse possible.plus de une gheure pour crée ce speedrun la video a eter difficile pour la crée jais donc mis du temp et du re-record 100 piece en version japonaisse donc en version originale fait par moi jais fait la video avec mupen64 et les outi dans le logiciel mupen64 version modifier par tasvideos.voila donc mon premier speeedrun bon vissionage pour plus d'info je suis sur microsoft windows xp en version française je utiliser le frame advance peu de fois pour cette video mais beacoup de re-record jais nais pas utiliser de bug mais des racouci de speedruner pour gagner du temp le saut en longuer et pratique dans mario 64 pour gagner du temp c'est donc pourça que je le utilise tré souvent comme beaucoup d'autre.
traduit en anglait par google
speedrun 100 piece of sueper mario 64 with re-record and use frame advance to speedrun speedrun done with a joystick for pc for speedrun jais use a lot of jump length to gain more speed possible.plus one Gheur for creating this video a speedrun eter creates difficult for the jet set, therefore the time and re - record 100 piece version japonaisse therefore original version made by me made the video jet with mupen64 and outi in the software version mupen64 change tasvideos.voila so my first speeedrun good vissionage for more info I am on Microsoft Windows XP French version I use the frame advance little time for this video but a lot of re-birth record jais not use bug but racouci of speedrun to save time and jump length practice mario 64 in order to save time is perc therefore that I often use cash as much else.

adelikat: I think all my comments here apply to this submission as well.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2314: sonicmason's N64 Super Mario 64 in 01:45.52
Post subject: Re: #2314: sonicmason's N64 JAP Super Mario 64 100 Coin in 01:45.52
Here's a more comprehensible translation because I was bored : "This is a speedrun to get 100 coins (pieces?) in Super Mario 64. I used re-records and frame advance. I used a lot of long ranged jumps to save time. It took me about 1 hour to create this speedrun. Made with Mupen64. It's my first speedrun. Didn't use any bugs." -> He says something about the japanese version but it's unreadable even to a french person... no explanation as to why he used it instead of the U rom. The rest is just repeating itself.
...wow...
My first language is not English, so please excuse myself if I write something wrong. I'll do my best do write as cleary as I can, so cope with me here =) (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
Is this that same charles1q2w person that was banned not so long ago?
i see...
seeing how he's submitting yet another soon-to-be-rejected TAS, probably
My first language is not English, so please excuse myself if I write something wrong. I'll do my best do write as cleary as I can, so cope with me here =) (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
Player (57)
I hope it's not another troll.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Captain Forehead wrote:
I hope it's not another troll.
Between this and the other submission, your hopes have been crushed.
M64 file does not begin from power-on (flags=1)
Yeah, begins from a save state. This is our loser once again.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Skilled player (1636)
This is really crying out for a rule to stop brand new registering users from submitting runs. Unfortunately, this falls on the shoulders of Nach, adelikat, or ShinyDoofy, who obviously have enough bullshit work on their plate as is.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
omelette du fromage
Player (208)
DarkKobold wrote:
This is really crying out for a rule to stop brand new registering users from submitting runs.
Limit one per week or something? I don't know. Someone should try to explain to this guy is his native language why we won't accept these movies, though because he probably can't read the discussion. Perhaps it would be helpful to provide some sort of quick "don't submit this type of movie list" on the submission page in multiple languages. It seems most of the offenders cannot read English well. (Disregarding the occasional troll.)
Is he REALLY speaking in French, or just using Google Translator to "speak" in French?
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... 'twas dry
OmegaWatcher wrote:
Is he REALLY speaking in French, or just using Google Translator to "speak" in French?
the submission is full of gramatical errors, "c'est donc pourça que je le utilise tré souvent " this is a definite basic "english to french" error the correct sentence should be "c'est donc pour cela que je l'utilise très souvent" maybe he learned french in school but he was very very bad... also i seriously think that we have a uber troll roaming over there, i recently saw a LOT of "noob/fake" submission recently... isn't it time to do some IP hunt ?
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2120)
Nicos wrote:
also i seriously think that we have a uber troll roaming over there, i recently saw a LOT of "noob/fake" submission recently... isn't it time to do some IP hunt ?
I doubt it's a troll. The site's just getting to be a bit more popular, and that brings a lot of new people (and a LOT of misunderstanding). The kid who got banned claimed to be 10 years old, and honestly, when was the last time you saw a 10 year old follow a rule/make a logical decision? This guy's supposedly French, so it might just be an issue of language. It doesn't need to be analyzed further than that. >_>
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
I suspected sonicmason to be charles1q1w given the similarity of submissions (goal choice + game). However, I did some probing and couldn't find any evidence to link them. Different Ips (1 US, 1 French) for one thing. But also some little bits of evidence such as sonic putting in the right GMT time zone for France whereas Charles was unable to put in the right time zone for his region of the US ^^ I think we just have an interesting coincidence here.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
ok, Bon j'espère que tu te laissera pas décourager par mon message, mais j'imagine que ta déjà compris que la plupart des gens n'aiment pas tes speedruns. Mais si c'est ton premier speedrun et bien dis toi qu'il a des gens qui ont déjà fait bien pire :) Le gros problème dans ce cas-ci c'est que ta mal configurer ton film pour qu'il puisse commencer au démarrage(le moment où on appuie sur le bouton power de la 64) et du coup personne peut voir ce que t'a fait!!! Ensuite, faut vraiment que tu comprenne que ceux qui poste leur run ici peuvent passer facilement des dizaine(voir centaines) d'heures juste pour que chaque fraction de seconde soit parfait. C'est comme ça que fonctionne et c'est pas toujours amusant. Si t'es vraiment motiver a faire un speedrun qui va surpasser celui-là, d'abord le mieux serait que t'essaye de maîtriser un peu l'anglais et te trouver quelques tutoriels sur comment faire des BLJ(backward long jump), muppen, etc... En tout cas, continue à t'améliorer, y'a personne sur cette planète qui est capable de faire ce genre d'exploit du premier coup(sauf peut etre Chuck Norris). Puis si tu te réessaye... prend la version US et poste ton fichier dans un des topic du forum(déjà existant) avant de le poster ici. :) ---- Quick traduction: Hope that you'll be enought motivate to keep tasing after my message and the other post from the angry member. If this your first run.. keep in mind that some people already did something worse than your. The most important problem in your submission file is because you doesn't start the movie at the boot and then nobody can saw your work!! Also, there a lot of freak people on this website. Actually a common submission should be about 10-20-30 or even more than 100 hours to be sure that each twentieth of second is perfect, etc. This how the whole thing work and trust me that this isn't alway fun. Thought, if your going to beat the actual run, the best way should be to learn some english basic... then seek for some muppen tutorial, BLJ tutorial, etc Anyway, keep praticing, nobody on earth should be able doing such run at the first time, but next time take the US rom and post your wip in the active mario64 topic. :) cheer
adelikat wrote:
I suspected sonicmason to be charles1q1w given the similarity of submissions (goal choice + game). However, I did some probing and couldn't find any evidence to link them. Different Ips (1 US, 1 French) for one thing. But also some little bits of evidence such as sonic putting in the right GMT time zone for France whereas Charles was unable to put in the right time zone for his region of the US ^^ I think we just have an interesting coincidence here.
i know that the forum isn't "proxy proof" so faking a french IP isn't that hard as for the gmt+1 timezone i'll call him clever... (exept that in france due to summer time it's currently "Gmt+2" not one ;) )
Nicos wrote:
i know that the forum isn't "proxy proof" so faking a french IP isn't that hard as for the gmt+1 timezone i'll call him clever... (exept that in france due to summer time it's currently "Gmt+2" not one ;) )
Sounds kind of paranoid to me. Bad French can mean that he's just very young. Using a proxy would really be too much effort just to submit two random runs to ubertroll us into oblivion imo. That and having to record them playing the game. As for charles-something, to me it seemed obvious he was kind of young when looking at the .m64. There were some scenes that a ten year old would find entertaining and brag to his friends about, but no simple troll would ever take the time to create. Of course this is based on a lot of assumptions on how trolls and children act, so I might be wrong. In dubio pro reo? x_x
Kuwaga wrote:
In dubio pro reo? x_x
didn't knew this one, nice one i hope you're right...
adelikat
He/Him
Nicos wrote:
as for the gmt+1 timezone i'll call him clever... (exept that in france due to summer time it's currently "Gmt+2" not one ;) )
Clever enough to take the time to figure out the french time zone? But not clever enough to enter his own time zone correctly?
adelikat wrote:
But not clever enough to enter his own time zone correctly?
hey i never said i was clever \o/
adelikat
He/Him
Nicos wrote:
i'll call him clever...
My bad :P
sonicmason, ce site n'est pas un site pour des speedrun mais bien un site pour des TAS (Video création avec des outils permettant le ralentissement et la capture de controle image par image). Tu devrais lire les information qui se trouve dans le FAQ qui se trouve en haut de la page. sonicmason, this site isn't a speedrun site but a TAS site (a tas that use tools and slowdown / savestate to play the game frame by frame). You should read the FAQ that you can find at the top of the page. Here's the translation. Speedrun 100 piece of Super Mario 64 with Rerecord and Frame advance. This speed run had been donen with a controler for PC. I used a lot of Big Long Jump to gain maximum speed. It tooks me more than an hour to make this speedrun. This video was difficult to make and I had to put time and rerecord. 100 piece done on the original version (Japanese one). I made the video using Mupen modified for TASVideos. So this is my first speed run. Good viewing. For more information, I use Microsoft Windows XP French and I didn't use frame advance that much but a lot of rerecord. I didn't use any bug but I use shortcut of speedrunner to gain some times and the big long jump is useful in Mario 64 L'utilisation de virgule et de point serait très apprécié. The use of comma and period would be greatly appreciated.
Active player (440)
Wow, a submission more bone-headed than my Alice one? Finally I'm out of this site's bad books! *fistpump*
My current project: Something mysterious (oooooh!) My username is all lower-case letters. Please get it right :(
Expert player (2581)
Can you provide an encode, since we can't watch your movie?
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.