This is my first submission here. I can't write English well. Therefore, wrong on the grammar is found a lot.
  • Emulator used: FCEUX 2.1.0a
  • Aims for fastest time.
  • Manipulates luck.

Note:The large majority of re-record count are due to my bots. I think the count of re-records made by me (without bots) is about 2500.

About the game:Wizardry is an old-RPG style game. Now, this game is so simple and cheap,but I think this game is very good. "The Knight of Diamonds" is the 2nd scenario in Wizardry. But this game was released after the 3rd senario, "Legacy of Llylgamyn" in the Family Computer version. Because original version was made for expert characters and players, so it was necessary to arrange it so that beginner characters and players may also play easily.

I omit the explanation of the game system and story, sorry. The goal of the game is to get "Staff of Gnilda" and bring it to the castle of Llylgamyn. But only the person who equips armors of "The Knight of Diamonds"(Sword, Armor, Shield, Helmet, and Gauntlets) can take this staff.

About the run:
  • I create two Dwarf Fighters who have Strength 20 and 19.
    • When Strength exceeds 16, (Strength-15) damages are added about one time of the attack frequency.
    • The character who has Strength 19 or more can be created by the Dwarf only.
  • I pick up them and go into the Maze.
  • In B1F, I go to stairs to B2F and go down.
  • In B2F, I go into a room and beat monster(Mummy).Then I go to stairs to B3F by Teleporter trap of a chest.And I get "Sword of Slicing"(Long Sword+1) and "Sword of Slashing"(Long Sword+2).
  • In B3F, I have Figters equip with swords, and go into a room and beat monsters(Carriars).
    • Only Carriars can drop a chest which has Teleporter trap and "Ring of Movement" in B3F.
  • I go to an encounter room by Teleporter trap and get two "Ring of Movement" and one "Coin of Power".
  • I beat monsters(Carriars) again, and teleport the room where Magic Sword(HP=100)is, and get two "Ring of Movement".
  • I beat Magic Sword and get "Hrathnir"(KOD's Sword), and go down B4F.
  • In B4F, I go to the place where Magic Helmet(HP=200) is. Then I beat it and get "KOD's Helmet".
  • I have Fighters equip with "Hrathnir" and "Sword of Slashing",and the Fighter who has "Sword of Slashing" invokes Secial Power of "Coin of Power" to change Ninja. Because Ninja's the attack frequency is more than other jobs once.
  • I use "Ring of Movement" and go to the place in B1F where Magic Armor(HP=300) is. Then I beat it and get "KOD's Armor".
    • Magic Armor has 300 HP and heals 5 HP every turn. The Figther who has "Hrathnir" and Strength 19 can damage 68 in the maximum. The Ninja who has "Sword of Slashing" and Strength 20 can damege 85 in the maximum.
  • I use "Ring of Movement" and go to the place in B2F where Magic Shield(HP=150) is.Then I beat it and get "KOD's Shield".
  • I use "Ring of Movement" and go to the place in B5F where Magic Gauntlets(HP=128) are.Then I beat them and get "KOD's Gauntlets".And the Ninja is killed by intention.Because when restarting the adventure, the dead body is removed by the party.
  • I go down B6F and dissolve the party.
  • I restart the adventure, and have the Fighter equips KOD's items.Then I go into the last room and trade KOD's items for "Staff of Gnilda".
    • The party can go into the last room if the party is alone and equips KOD's items.
  • I use "Ring of Movement" and go to moat in the castle. Then I skip some messages and game is over.

About other things in the game:
  • The license screen can't be skipped about 3 seconds.
  • The progression rate of the game doesn't change even if we change game switches.
  • Bonus appears 60 in the maximum, so we can create Ninja or Load at first. But it takes time altering scores. (Later than using items)
  • Two Fighters remain from game beginning, but their Strength is low(11), and they have some unnecessary items.
  • Animated objects(KOD's items) can't be defeated with the critical hit.
  • Some items are needed to go into rooms "on foot" where Animated Objects(without Magic Helmet and Gauntlets) are.

adelikat: Accepted and processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2316: MiezaruMono's NES Wizardry: The Knight of Diamonds in 01:12.81
O.O;; DAYUM! Now THAT was impressive! I know this game well enough to wholly applaud this incredble effort and to hope a YT video is forthcoming. [I know someone whom is wanting to speedrun this game, so this'd make them crap themselves in shock.] Definitely entertaining and worthwhile! Pity the 3rd game never got release on the Nes. :( Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Experienced player (868)
Excellent run! It seems planned and optimized very well. Easy yes vote :) Especially, I'm impressed by your plan to defeat Magic Armor and Magic Shield. It is very interesting that you achieved "theoretical" maximum damages in the battles. The random number is 16-bit, right? I'm surprised a little when the Ninja hits Magic Armor for 85 damage, because the probability appears (1/10)^5 = 1/100000 (moreover, Magic Armor and Magic Shield have -10 AC and it should be hard to hit them).
Simply amazing, definite yes vote from a long-time fan of the series
"If any man is not free, then I too, am a small pie made of chicken"
Player (120)
Here's an encode. I vote yes. Outside of the context of TASVideos, this is an amazing demo of killing a game. Compared to existing movies, it is mostly text, and we have a few games like this already, so I could see a resistance to publishing this. But really this is far more impressive than a lot of the standard run-to-the-right movies we have. Good job!
I make a comic with no image files and you should read it. While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free. -Eugene Debs
alden wrote:
Here's an encode. I vote yes. Outside of the context of TASVideos, this is an amazing demo of killing a game. Compared to existing movies, it is mostly text, and we have a few games like this already, so I could see a resistance to publishing this.
the game is actualy shorter than the ending, it would be silly to refuse a 1 min movie that actualy complete a game...
Editor, Skilled player (1172)
I'm curious about one thing: Is it possible to use a teleporter trap on the bottom floor in order to skip the checks for KOD's equipment? I am aware that the bottom floor blocks your own teleports, but I'm pretty sure a trapped teleport from a treasure chest goes through just fine. Then again, I don't actually know how the game would handle it, or if the game would let you appear on that special tile. In any case, I saw the encode. I saw a fighter turn into a ninja (at that speed, there'd better be a ninja!), then the ninja dieing, then you get the final object and then "You appeared in the Castle moat and have probably drowned!" Certainly a lovely sight.
Nicos wrote:
the game is actualy shorter than the ending, it would be silly to refuse a 1 min movie that actualy complete a game...
Like the many other runs that are also just a minute? I'm sure there are a few that didn't make it, but I thought I'd list out a few of those that are accepted. I wonder if there's any other dungeon crawlers out there where the heroes can step forth at a speed of 10 squares per second or faster...
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2121)
My favorite thing to do with runs like these is to imagine what's going on back in town. I assume everyone's gathered at the front gate, seeing off the brave warriors, and just as they close the gate, a voice calls out "HEY, WE'RE BACK, AND WE BROUGHT THAT STAFF THING". My second favorite thing to do is to vote yes.
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
Skilled player (1885)
Wow. All that went really, really fast. I've never played this game before, but somehow I was entertained by it, so here's another yes vote.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Finally got around to this. I'm quite amused. This somehow felt more entertaining than Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord, though equally confusing to watch without reading the submission comments. Yes vote.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Former player
alden wrote:
Here's an encode.
The file is 0 bytes. Mind uploading somewhere else?
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Looks like WikiUpload doesn't like Alden. As with his Kid Chameleon encode, I've thrown the copy I downloaded up for grabs here.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Former player
Well then. It was really hard to follow what was going on, but the submission text made it somewhat easy to at least comprehend what was happening. However, it seems like some of the things happening in game aren't adequately explained in the text, such as how the animated objects were actually the KOD armors. Weak Yes vote, but I'm still impressed with the run.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Player (120)
Here's another (hopefully more stable) link, one that's not hosted off Derakon's home connection (Thanks again by the way buddy:D) http://www.filedropper.com/wizardrytheknightofdiamonds-miezarumono
I make a comic with no image files and you should read it. While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free. -Eugene Debs
Just watched it and I have no idea what was happening. Yes vote
"No love for the game gear"
Player (208)
0 and 1's epic journey. I was fairly entertained and I could almost tell what was going on. Walking, Battle, Fanfare, Menu, Walking. The 1 minute RPGs are strangely intriguing. Yes vote. "A Chest! You may: Oops Teleporter!"
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1338] NES Wizardry: The Knight of Diamonds by MiezaruMono in 01:12.81