Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • Emulator used: FBA RR v0.0.2
  • Character used: Cody, V-ISM
  • Player 2
  • Level 8 (or level "Expert")
  • Speed: Turbo 2
  • Aims for entertainment, not fastest time
I used the second player to do "cross-up juggles" like in the first round in the Ryu fight, it's impossible to do using the first player, and used the "crack kick" to jump low attacks.
I used this version of the ROM and emulator because of the constants desynchs that i had with FBA RR v0.0.3, and some others versions of the ROM.
It is a improved version of my old TAS
Now I tried to show many different combos, and tried to be more random.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2318: leandroff5's Arcade Street Fighter Alpha 3 in 10:01.67
Expert player (2582)
Nice run, even though it's a little calm sometimes, you spent your time well in the improvements and earned my Yes vote.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
fruitbane
He/Him
This video is a marked improvement over the last. Congrats on making good progress. I like some of the tricks you pull, especially in the match with Dan. There are still two major reasons I can't give this a yes vote, however. You allow your opponents to block too many hits. My feeling is for this to truly be an acceptable run the only blocking an opponent should be allowed to do would be to horribly abuse block damage or demonstrate a masterful crushing of the guard meter, or some other similar trick. The other problem is it seems you often have attacks that hit empty air. A whiffed attack is fine if it alters your positioning for something more interesting, but it just seems to me that there are too many attacks that never connect. The joy of a perfect TAS is that no attack is wasted: every movement serves a purpose. If you can get rid of the unnecessary blocking on the part of your opponents and tighten up those attacks you'll get a sure yes vote from me.
nice improvement, you used the knife a lot more than the previous submission which is a plus but there is a little too much air jungling in this one and no 99 combo hits :/ do you think you can manipulate Dan to launch his taunt fury ? shouldn't it be better to set 1 round a match ( it would prevent repetitive moves) yes vote, it's a good start for this game but i realy think it's could be improved...
fruitbane wrote:
You allow your opponents to block too many hits.
fruitbane wrote:
The other problem is it seems you often have attacks that hit empty air.
I did this to manipulate the CPU players... For example, if you use an attack that hits empty air vs the Dan CPU, he will use his "Dankuukyaku" (the "flying" kicks) and you can reverse it depending of the attack that you used...
Nicos wrote:
do you think you can manipulate Dan to launch his taunt fury?
No...
fruitbane
He/Him
leandroff5 wrote:
fruitbane wrote:
You allow your opponents to block too many hits.
fruitbane wrote:
The other problem is it seems you often have attacks that hit empty air.
I did this to manipulate the CPU players... For example, if you use an attack that hits empty air vs the Dan CPU, he will use his "Dankuukyaku" (the "flying" kicks) and you can reverse it depending of the attack that you used...
Can varying the frame timing a little (like waiting a couple more frames before attacking) have the same effect? Perhaps all of that was necessary for manipulation of the CPU, but to me it seems to stands out in contrast to some of the other quite impressive maneuvers you pull. So far others seem to enjoy it, so you've clearly hit a nerve. Good luck!
Voted meh. Some of the combos are nice but after a while the fact that you only used Cody makes the run boring.
Skilled player (1402)
Voting no... using only a single character was boring to me. I also don't see anything particular that particularly couldn't be done without tools (although I must admit that I don't know the game very well).
SNOT CORN wrote:
Voted meh. Some of the combos are nice but after a while the fact that you only used Cody makes the run boring.
Is impossible to do the "2-player story mode" in this game, if you change your character, you have to start the game from the first fight...
Baxter wrote:
Voting no... using only a single character was boring to me. I also don't see anything particular that particularly couldn't be done without tools (although I must admit that I don't know the game very well).
You can't "guess" the opponent's attacks without tools like I did in the Balrog/Vega fight, also there are some combos in the run that need the right timing to work/link... this kind of combo is impossible/near impossible to do without tools.
leandroff5 wrote:
if you change your character, you have to start the game from the first fight
Some people see this as a reason for this game to be a bad choice for TASing. You'll have to prove why it isn't with spectacular gameplay first. For example, in Mortal Kombat you can pick Shang Tsung and then transform into the other characters to make a quite varied TAS. It also helps that the game is full of bugs. If SFA3 is a lot less varying, perhaps it does not deserve a story-mode TAS? Edit: Now I've watched it. It's about the same as your previous one. Cody V-Ism sucks :p
Voted NO for NO reason
SDR
Skilled player (1360)
yessssss vote !!! execelent work = )!!hard combo it's was an great improve my friend, you have many experience this game. thnk you my friend
whatever worth doing, is worth doing well
Pretty entertaining but it ran out of steam about halfway through.
Experienced player (822)
Voting no. I think this game (or maybe just the character used) does not have enough variety to make an entertaining TAS. Constant corner juggles get old after the second one, and being limited to use of one character really hurts the entertainment value.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... crunchy!