Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is a sidestroller, speedwalk, or whatever you want to call it. This is also an improvement to the Submission #2344 of adelikat. It's 4 frames faster measuring the length of the input file. Here is the old improvement list:
I got the mushroom in 8-2 (adelikat did it in 8-3) I saved 42 frames in 8-3 I got hurt in 8-4, the flying fish segment, got in the pipe earlier.
I improved the action in 8-4 of taking damage from a fish. I saved 4 more frames here. Anyway, this is not a good improvement, but the movie I made was preciser.
I stoped the movie at the axe, too.
There is no improvement before 8-2 in this movie. You have to kill few enemies to get the bullet earlier. I think the bullet in 8-3 is the closest situation.
To adelikat: This isn't funny, you know. I won't give up, because I have few records, but you have a lot. You don't have to fight with me on this one.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Expert player (2453)
I think there's a mistake. HappyLee's NES Super Mario Bros in 06:48.27 adelikat's NES Super Mario Bros in 06:47.66
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Skilled player (1885)
The difference is that your run is recorded with FCEU and adelikat's run on FCEUX. TASVideoAgent takes into account that FCEUX runs slightly higher than 60 fps, therefor displaying a lower time for runs made with FCEUX. So, basically, if you convert your .fcm-file to an .fm2 using FCEUX, your time will be lower than adelikat's. Your run is indeed 4 frames faster than his.
Post subject: Yeah of course I should
Active player (308)
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Expert player (2453)
Randil wrote:
The difference is that your run is recorded with FCEU and adelikat's run on FCEUX. TASVideoAgent takes into account that FCEUX runs slightly higher than 60 fps, therefor displaying a lower times for runs made with FCEUX. So, basically, if you convert your .fcm-file to an .fm2 using FCEUX, your time will be lower than adelikat's. Your run is indeed 4 frames faster than his.
I think you are right, but how do we count this?
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2104)
We just need to count how many frames are there.
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
Active player (308)
...and convert to fcm2... ?
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Player (208)
I'm all about fast runs, but an obsoleted run shouldn't be taken so personally. Adelikat set out to improve the walkathon putting a lot of effort into entertainment. You found another small time improvement and threw a movie together to "keep your record." Adelikat was informed of another small technical improvement and put it into his movie. It's really not about who has the title, it's about having a good run on the site. I think adelikat's run is better mostly because you jump and face backwards too much. A faster movie is also better, so I want both. I vote for putting HappyLee's improvements in adelikat's movie and putting the result as Andrewg, HappyLee, (klmz?), Adelikat's NES Super Mario Bros in XX:XX.XX I don't care what order the authors are in. Someone roll dice or something to figure it out. It shouldn't matter. This site isn't about good Mario players, it's about good Mario movies. Adelikat made the most entertaining movie with Andrewg's trick, HappyLee found a trick to improve it. klmz seems to have found an improvement, so add his name to that list. If anyone finds any improvements in the next week add their name to the list. Maybe do HappyLee's fortress and adelikat's rest of the movie, I don't really care. As it is, HappyLee's movie has way too much jumping, and adelikat's movie is currently slower. HappyLee, Adelikat, (klmz?) and Andrewg would have to agree to this though.
I have: adelikat 6:48.33 (24500 frame) happylee 6:48.26 (24496 frame) edith : ok 4 damn frame Does this submission add the movement improvement from klmz demo?
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... minty!