Movie features

• Emulator used: Dega 1.16 MAME core. Filename dega-1.16pre1-win32-z80jb. This movie will only work with this version so get it from here: EmulatorResources/Tastools
  • Aims for fastest time.
  • Takes damage to save time.

Plot

"Once upon a mouse... Welcome to Vera City, where life is joyful, and everyone lives in peace. All but one, that is. One who is jealous of Minnie's beauty and popularity-the witch Mizrabel..."
"... Who one day came on her broom and swept Minnie away. Mickey was taken by surprise. He did the only thing he could. He chased after the witch Mizrabel all the way to the..." Castle of Illusion! :)

About the run

When you see this movie, I think you will share my view that the theme of this game clearly is about chocolate, cake, pencil, A B C letters and stuff like that :) I think the creators of this game really wanted to make this a "joyful" and pleasant game for young children. I decided to TAS this game as its one of my childhood gaming memories and I think it makes a decent effort for submission. It was fairly easy to TAS this game. Mickey's somewhat slow starting momentum was sometimes slightly annoying. As far as I am concerned, there arent many tricks involved in this game other than the ladder trick and 1-frame zipping. The ladder trick involves having a ladder up at the screen and where you can jump high and grab the ladder's highest point. Once the screen has stopped scrolling upwards, you can stand on a ladder and jump on it and reach the nearest platform instead of climbing. All in all, it was a pleasant experience for me.
Big thanks to wwmarx (and his friend Jungon) for helping me creating, working and finding new shortcuts.
This new version was reworked from scratch and is much faster (about 2 minutes and 3 seconds faster than my previous submission) and cleaner compared with the previous submission so I hope you enjoy it more this time!

Truncated: Looks a lot better than the previous attempt, with some nice tricks here and there. I will accept it. Also clarifying which version to use.
ShinyDoofy: Will process...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Expert player (2581)
I remember this from my childhood too, specially the witch Mizrabel: Nice run, sweet memories, Yes vote.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I went to the provided link to get dega 1.16, but no matter which of the builds I tried for Windows, the game desynced. With the doze core build, the game desynced at the title menu. With the mame core, it desynced while fighting the first tree boss. Any suggestions for playing this back?
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Active player (276)
I think the particular ROM might be the problem. I've tried it with the (UE) version which is the only one I could get my hands on, and it desynched with that.
Active player (432)
It most probably desynchs because you have to find the ROM we used. The UE version wont work at all.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Former player
Synced flawlessly. Will watch later. /edit: once more, a weak yes vote.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Found the right ROM, and watched this. Very nice! The shortcuts were awesome (especially this one wall you just walked through in the second stage near the end), and the boss fights looked a lot better. Definitely a yes vote.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
SDR
Skilled player (1360)
yes GREAT WORK
whatever worth doing, is worth doing well
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
I cannot get it to synch either. Goes wrong at the title screen, like mklip2001 described. I have version 1.16 and my ROM is labeled (U) (1.0). But I guess it could still be a different ROM. Dega needs a checksum feature...
Former player
It does have a checksum in the mmv file. Are you using the correct core?
Anyone care to encode it please? Edit: typo
Active player (417)
Obvious Yes Vote. Congratz guys.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1344] SMS Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse by AngerFist & wwmarx in 13:40.35
Editor, Publisher, Player (46)