Submission Text Full Submission Page
Made with gens11a, a simple but difficult and mostly linear platformer where the player must control Tom/Jerry through a number of levels to carry out a task, usually finding someone or something.
  • fastest route possible
  • lots of damage taken to save time
  • ignored health pickups to save time
  • sprinting as much as possible
Levels:
  • street
  • living room
  • alley
  • library
  • basement
  • attic
  • carnival
  • cabin
When you see me go to parts of the level then turn back, I am usually picking up or touching something which is part of the story. As I time the start button 1 frame before the confirmation message shows up, it blocks it from showing to the player. This applies to nearly all in-game messages, so don't mistaken this as randomly walking around the level.

mmbossman: Rejecting for questionable quality and general lack of interest by the audience.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2382: Pikachu's Genesis Tom and Jerry: Frantic Antics! in 09:55.77
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
This game really doesn't look that fun in this run. The graphics hurt my eyes. The music got old pretty fast. Also, although the game seems to be difficult, it seems like you never had a problem taking damage, and you always had plenty of health to take more hits (this was more the case for Jerry than for Tom). As for the run itself, it's alright. It feels unoptimized, especially when you're jumping your way up staircases. The gameplay wasn't particularly entertaining when you could take damage all the time and never get into any close calls. I don't think this is bad, per se, but it doesn't look great either. Meh leaning towards No.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Experienced player (822)
Wow, 1 reply in the past 5 weeks? Guess I'll make it 2, to dry and drum up some conversation. I think this makes a fairly decent platformer. The first level had me worried, and the swimming segment was pretty dull, but the rest has the makings of a pretty solid game to TAS. However, I don't think that there is a good level of precision shown with a lot of the maneuvers and movements throughout the movie. As mklip2001 said, the staircases seemed to be particularly bad, losing velocity and looking pretty sloppy in general. There were also some spots which I though you could easily have saved time with shortcuts and overall better planning with changing direction. I'm nearly positive that you didn't use memory watch for the character's speed, which would be the first step towards making a publishable sequel to this run. I vote no because of the level of precision shown, but I think this could be a decently entertaining game if the run is cleaned up some.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom
GGG
Banned User, Former player
New Wip I have improved this game, but I have not finished, but may enjoy Street: 5:40 Living Room: 5:27
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
WIPs don't belong in a thread like this. Post it in the game thread in the respective gaming forum -> in this case, since it's a Genesis game, post in a thread in this forum. If there isn't one (and you can't find it via search), then you can create a new thread.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing