Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • Emulator - Gens 11a (I did earlier in the gens 9.5c)

• Aims for fastest time
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Abuses programming errors
  • Ignores delays caused by bonus effects

Seeing that the first official public release of Turbo Sonic is now out (and even competition in http://unofficial.soniccenter.org I decided to take a chance on this submission making a Tasing
Level Times

• New Adventure 1 - 0:15
  • New Adventure 2 - 0:37
  • Construction 1 - 0:15
  • Boardwalk 1 - 0:40
  • Boardwalk 2 - 1:03
  • Construction 2 - 0:55
  • Mountainside 1 - 0:38
  • Twilight Cave 1 - 0:21
  • Twilight Cave 2 - 0:17
  • Mountainside 2 - 1:04
  • Robot Factory 1 - 1:00
  • Robot Factory 2 - 0:07
  • Robot Factory 3 - 2:14
  • Catwalk - fixed length auto-scroller
  • Final Factory - 1:42
  • Starship - 1:10
Points of interest
  • In New Adventure 2 after grasping the shoe at full speed while you get very arriba.Eso fences make faster

• In Construction 1 While very fast you get to a loop where the camera does not point to that makes sonic skip a pizo and reaching below
  • In Twilight Cave 2 when I first start going over a waterfall, you'll jump to go faster
Enjoy!

adelikat: As quoted in the Guidelines: "Always compare your run to the current best run. If you are aiming for speed and you fail to beat existing speed records, your movie will be rejected."
Welcome to the site, I hope you keep working at it an improve those times! Better Luck next time, but I am rejecting this submission.

dex88: thank you very much for the welcome to this site

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2389: dex88's Genesis Sonic Turbo in 20:12.30
Active player (301)
I find it amusing that you mention the Unofficial Sonic Center has ranking charts for this hack... and then fail to beat the majority of the times listed. Don't be discouraged, there are certain things you do that make it clear to me that you have some understanding of Sonic physics (most notably, using the trick with the falling platform to fall through the floor in Mountainside). But just that isn't enough: most of your boss fights looked like they were made in real time, among other things. I'd like to take particular issue with the last boss because all Sonic 2 TASes have succeeded in getting a 1-round kill on the final boss (which requires 12 hits normally), and more recently the great Joe Stanski succeeded in this feat in real time. Given the additional aid of a platform at the top of the stage allowing you to land consecutive hits with no fear of retribution, you managed 11 hits on the first pass. Sorry, but it's not good enough.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... juicy!
Skilled player (1306)
I would like to see how they made those times at the Unofficial Sonic Center but there is no video that I can see.