Submission Text Full Submission Page
Super Mario Bros TAS by fex88 (v2) Essentials:
This run satisfies the following criteria:
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Abuses programming errors
  • Ignores delays caused by bonus effects
  • Emulator used: FCEUX 2.1.1

This is a sidestroller, speedwalk, or whatever you call it.
About this skill unknown, my English is not good, please name for me, is one of my original skills. It can be used here, and really works. It's a small bug that happends sometimes, I do not know why, but I set foot on the floor without moving. I found about 5 months but never used before.
I think this is a perfect enhancement is the best I can do. Am I using the final device, which adelikat, andrewg and klmz, and people with interests in SMB like me, please forgive me this time. I hope this can stop the mad war framework, I am very tired.
enjoy

mmbossman: Hmm... while the thrill of posting about turtles is tempting, I'll just go ahead and reject this.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2394: dex88's NES Super Mario Bros. in 06:28.66
Skilled player (1402)
I thought that in the walkatron category, one couldn't per definition press B for the entire run. You somehow seems to ignore this, starting at frame 9665, where it's very prominent. Maybe you are working with a different set of rules... but it's certainly not the set of rules that is used in any of the currently published TASes.
the troll is back ?
Experienced player (576)
No vote since this run doesn't seem to have well established goals, random usage of B, and lack of time savors such as the bullit bill glitch. Good job though. :)
Expert player (2581)
Why in Metadata the author is HappyLee and not you? I guess steal others work is not allowed either.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
Dooty wrote:
Why in Metadata the author is HappyLee and not you? I guess steal others work is not allowed either.
the troll is back.
Banned User, Former player
Dooty wrote:
Author cannot be changed (without a bit of work) and it is often eaiser to begin rerecording from where the imrpvements begins instead of starting fresh and reinventing the wheel. But sure!
Perma-banned
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
Xkeeper wrote:
Dooty wrote:
Author cannot be changed (without a bit of work) and it is often eaiser to begin rerecording from where the imrpvements begins instead of starting fresh and reinventing the wheel.
A bit of work = open with notepad and type a new author's name? (This is a .fm2 afterall).
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Banned User, Former player
adelikat wrote:
A bit of work = open with notepad and type a new author's name? (This is a .fm2 afterall).
Yes, it is still a bit of work. As opposed to some work (editing FM2 input data to fix minor desync) and a lot of work (FCM in general).
Perma-banned
adelikat
He/Him
Could you mention to me something that is less work than changing the name in a text file?
Player (208)
Not changing the name in a text file?
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2121)
adelikat wrote:
Could you mention to me something that is less work than changing the name in a text file?
Copying the submission text from the published movie? (Am I the only person who noticed that...?)
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
adelikat
He/Him
Copy/pasting a submission text is actually more work than changing the name in a text file. Other things that are more than this "bit of work". Submitting a movie Making a TAS in the first place Arguing on this point This post Reading this post
Skilled player (1636)
adelikat wrote:
adelikat wrote:
Copy/pasting a submission text is actually more work than changing the name in a text file. Other things that are more than this "bit of work". Submitting a movie Making a TAS in the first place Arguing on this point This post Reading this post
Dammit! I had $20 dollars riding on 'eating a sammich'
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Skilled player (1636)
Kirkq wrote:
Not changing the name in a text file?
This is actually zero work, in this instance. The question was less work. Sorry, you fail. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
adelikat
He/Him
DarkKobold wrote:
collect $200.
Collecting $200 is more work than changing the name in a text file.
Player (208)
Dropping the name of a text file 5 feet would be negative work if you define the system correctly.
Former player
Puppies!
Skilled player (1636)
Kirkq wrote:
Dropping the name of a text file 5 feet would be negative work if you define the system correctly.
Actually, if you use the proper equation, W = 1/2 m*v^2, which ever direction the name in the text file moves, it will create work, as the velocity has changed. You are arbitrarily defining your direction in this case to suit your argument.
adelikat
He/Him
DarkKobold wrote:
You are arbitrarily defining your direction in this case to suit your argument.
Arbitrarily defining things to suit your argument = more work than editing a text file. In addition, it does far more wonders for career advancement.
Active player (308)
EVERY POST AFTER THIS ONE MUST HAVE AN IMAGE OF AT LEAST ONE (1) TURTLE IN IT. Anyone who dares to ignore this rule will be automatically labeled as a turtle hater.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Skilled player (1636)
I win teh prize?
adelikat
He/Him
Ok, posting that image, definitely way more work.
Experienced player (699)
Is that supposed to be Bowser? ;) ( ) ( ( ) ( ( | | | | ^ it's a turtle. Trust me.
Super Mario Bros. console speedrunner - Andrew Gardikis
Skilled player (1670)
I don't get it.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!