Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is a TAS of MK2 to the genesis using Shabg Tsung. Convertirce may at any wrestler. I tried to do different fighting styles for all parties and you can only use a character
Trank you
Objetives
  • Aim for fastest time
  • Not use Fireship and Babality
  • Abuse programming errors
  • Emulador use: gen 11a
This started out as a possibility and eventually became something for everyone to see. I hope you enjoy watching and I know it could be faster, but entertainment is the key. I'll start with the commentary.
Level One
  • Round One - I decided to start with jonny cage (I mention his name and nobody will be able to read), baraka, until it died that does not happen more
  • Round Two - With scorpion, I was able to kill very quickly Baraka. From the ninfun did not trick, just use movement and end with a fatality.
Level Two
  • Round One - I went back to choose a scorpion is part of the top that can dominate anyone. Reptile down pretty fast.
  • Round Two - Baraka VS Reptile. Reptile is probably near the bottom of the list of powerful combinations but still can destroy, or eating, the head of an enemy very fast.
Level Three
  • Round One - Using Sub-Zero is pretty upset that their movements are fairly generic; Easily probably ranks near the bottom of the food list (List of Power?: |). I tried to do all of their movements so that everyone could see how boring it would be if I did (Is that possible?). The end of the first round seemed bored ma
  • Round Two - probably in the top four most powerful warriors are Kitana and Liu Kang from becoming just I he (aldunos say dee is very difficult to overcome), but no. You can make some great combos that deal with some serious damage. That's all I have to say about it, we'll just see for yourself. I chose the fatality in which he becomes a Dragon until they eat half of his body.
Level Four
  • Round One - I chose to Rayden. I enjoyed doing various tricks uppercup and it therefore had to register another. The start was a bit funny. After killing Rayden in the first round will show the second round.
  • Round Two - Sub-Zero is a bit slow. I had no idea that was useful and with that in mind, I surprised myself. Ground start making a "Freeze" which leaves the pizo resvaladizo Rayden (That made it faster to finish) finished with Shang Tsung with a fatality srprendera is stupid to say but still.
Level Five
  • Round One - Do you want a decent fighter then Jonny Cage (again) can show the way. He has a repertoire of moves that can leave his opponent in a dream. It was very fun to play with what you see.
  • Round Two - Segui with Shang Tsung until it says finish him / her. Me from becoming just Meelina
with a fatality. You'll see
Level Six
  • Round One - Liu Kang is definitely a fighter (if not powerful) because of the move list he carries. I felt that Liu Kang on the wall three times was a nice touch and a clash in the end I was somewhat surprised when Liu Kang was raised further. Quick and easy to control.
  • Round Two - A good set of moves, a voice annoying, and you Liu Kang. He may be the strongest (or second stronger if I remember correctly). His kick ahead was a nice touch to start and did nunguna fatality (I think that will make it boring for some.
Level Seven
  • Round One - Go to Sub-Zero, I thought it might expect something different this time is moved by what I did relatively important Sub-Zero and probably composed it at the end of the round. There really is not much to say about it.
  • Round Two - Baraka (more or less doing virtually the same as in the other rounds). the end was a good omen that can actually accomplish this journey. Finish making the stage fatality and drop dead on the pizo
Level Eight
  • Round One - Use Kitana because I choose not. Mileena making many kicks in the air. I think will be boring
  • Round Two - Once again Mileena is too foolish to think that would fall because of re-recording. Baraka is used and tried to make him resemble a fool would. At the end of the round I had no option to do the fatality of Baraka Meelina the head off is silly to say.
Level Nine
  • Round One - A sub-zero again. Jonny Cage did not fall to nothing more that I can say.
  • Round two - I use a scorpion again. I chose the fatality where the opponent is toast (I mean that fire and explode). And so on the game.
Level Ten
  • Round One - Baraka is used again and reduces the work of Kung Lao, is sufficient, in round 2.
  • Round Two - I went back to choose a scorpion. I chose to send him to acid as in the first round is enough for me.
Level Eleven
  • Round One - Here with Sub-Zero VS. Scorpion. I basically do all the moves, even unpopular. You will see more in the second round
  • Round Two - Volvi to select sub-zero as in the previous round. Complete with commanding the stage fatality sharp click on the ceiling (did not want to fall)
Level Twelve
  • Round One - Closer to the end, the scorpion fight with Shang Tsung. I really did everything I could with him for the sake of entertainment.
  • Round Two - I chose to sub-zero (not as often as elected). After Shang Tsung was again, I did nunguna fatality.
Level Thirteen
  • Round One - Kintaro's who fight and tried to make it appear that he had to beat down to end his reign of terror. I mainly use Meelina.
  • Round Two - This time it was Shang Tsung only. Its too bad that programmers do not allow Kintaro kill without mercy.
Level Fourteen
  • Round One - Scorpion was fun to do this with the struggle for what they chose. Nothing too spectacular, but I must say it was fun to see what could run to Shao Kahn.
  • Round two - The final round / the disappearance of the man of the past. I Shang Tsung, because it seemed very appropriate and made the last command in a movie very similar to one.
Enjoy

Truncated: I will reject this movie. We already have a good movie of this game ([934] SNES Mortal Kombat II "playaround" by VANDAL in 22:43.68) which shows off funny glitches and good combos. This movie has neither. It looks too much like a person playing in real time (though getting very lucky with the opponent AI).
Better luck next time.

adelikat: Unrejecting this submission for consideration into the Vault

adelikat: Accepting for publication to the Vault Rerejecting based on audience feedback regarding its tech quality and speed/entertainment tradeoffs

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2403: teammy's Genesis Mortal Kombat 2 in 11:39.82
First off you should probably use the SNES MKII since it has better graphics and sound. Your movie was OK though. There were a lot of uppercuts, probably more than necessary. I think you should have preformed a stage fatality on the second fight rather than a normal character fatality. It wasn't bad but it could have been a lot better. Overall Meh vote
Currently working on: -Possibly the Wily Tower (Mega Man the Wily Wars)
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
This run has no real combos being used. The same characters are used way too often, like Baraka and Scorpion. There are plenty of moves that miss or are blocked, which looks bad. Also, given the motions that the player goes through when performing fatalities, it seems like this run was definitely recorded at a faster speed than frame advance. I couldn't really find this entertaining, especially when the glitchfest feels faster, makes a bigger fool out of the computer, and offers so much more. Sorry, but No vote.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Expert player (2581)
Does anyone figured out what he said in the submission text?
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... *burp*!
Dark_Noob
He/Him
Experienced player (732)
sorry I know this has been accepted by the rules of the Vault and others,but this TAS is still low compared with the version SNES i know this game can be accepted not only because of the Vault but also contain strange glitches UMK3 gen TAS published here,so I consider this a TAS low to be accepted, does not contain flaws and other awesome things already seen in this game well this is my point of view to watch the entire TAS I will not need talk my vote compared to the other mk submissions!!!
Someone who still enjoy playing fighting games ;)
Active player (434)
WHY IS THIS ACCEPTED?
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I'm in agreement with grassini here. The thing is: runs of fighting games DO base their merit on entertainment value. It would be one thing if we didn't have a published MKII run yet, but we do, and it's better than this run. I would imagine this should be rejected on the grounds of being suboptimal in achieving its goals.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Editor, Experienced player (894)
Making a speed record of a fighting game is a viable goal for the Vault. However, this run has so many speed/entertainment trade-offs (and is likely not optimal as far as round-by-round strats go) that I'm not sure if it's a good idea to publish it or wait for someone to make a true speed-oriented movie of the game.
Post subject: Mortal kombat 2: YouTube
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
I accepted it because it for being a fast movie for this game and thus eligible for the vault despite getting a poor reception entertainment wise. I'm aware it contains speed/entertainment trade-offs but I was trying not to penalize it based on this for a few reasons: 1) This movie is still skillfully created, and thus technically impressive despite them. It meets Vault criteria on its technical merits 2) I was hoping to avoid rejecting runs with speed/entertainment trade-offs during a re-judging just because I would prefer to have quality runs that could be "improved" later 3) Most importantly, I don't like the idea that if you do speed/entertainment trade-offs that it makes you not eligible for the vault. Because that makes such runs "risky" and I worry that will discourage them. A fast movie of a fighting game is nice and all, but we do want people to try to make creative and artful movies of these games. I recognize that an inevitable result of the Vault rules do discourage these types of movies. If you think this should be reconsidered, I will do so. Should this be rejected?
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Aim for fastest time
I hope you enjoy watching and I know it could be faster, but entertainment is the key.
My concern is the intent of the author, really. Is it supposed to be a speedrun or is it supposed to be for entertainment?
I think that This game is too similar to it's SNES counterpart to be judged as a separate game The SNES run is far more refined and beats this one on the entertainement value and the speed trade off is too great making it look more unoptimised than entertaining. This shouldn't be vaulted
Active player (405)
I really think a run like this should be judged purely for entertainment. A tournament-style fighting game shouldn't really be vault material.
Dark_Noob
He/Him
Experienced player (732)
may be that it can be improved in a playaround because it contains different things of SNES version but the entertainment value of this is low so do not consider this a good one to accept.
Someone who still enjoy playing fighting games ;)
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
Truncated's point when he initially rejected it was completely valid: it very much looks like real-time play. There are whiffed attacks, blocked attacks, delayed attacks, failed fatalities...this is not up to TASVideos standards, IMO.
Previous Name: boct1584
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Adelikat brought up a point I'd forgotten about: one benefit of publishing the run is that it can increase its visibility and inspire other people to improve it (after all, that worked for New Super Mario Bros, I guess). However, the run still has to be good. In this case, we judge a fighting game run primarily based on its entertainment and demonstration of skill, and this run is lackluster in these areas. Ultimately, I'd reject it because I don't think it's a quality run, not because its goals are questionable. The redundancy with this version and the SNES version is a further reason.