Submission Text Full Submission Page
A "warpless" speedrun of the game Mario ! (SMB1 Hack). Download it here: [link removed]
  • Emulator used: FCEU 0.98.13
   *  Aims for fastest time
   * Abuses programming errors in the game
   * Manipulates luck
   * Uses no warps 
This is my first submission. Time of speedrun is 7:02. It's 38 seconds shorter than my first speedrun. Watch it here: [link removed]

adelikat: Better than your first submission huh? At least you are honest about the fact that you were banned and used a new account to prevent it.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2412: MrIvan97's NES Mario Bros. in 07:02.22
I like this hack. However, even not being a SMB expert, I can see this run being faster. For example, in 1-3 (I think) you take time to kill a koopa before heading to the flag pole, and there was no reason to do so. Also there are some times when you take damage when you should have been able to avoid it, especially against the last Bowser. You also tend to do different things in the few sections that are identical to another level. I'm giving a meh, since this hack seems pretty good (even with the small parts that repeat) and you use a lot of good techniques, but you could definitely make it faster.
<ccfreak2k> There is no 'ctrl' button on DeHackEd's computer. DeHackEd is always in control.
Post subject: Re: #2412: MrIvan97's NES Mario ! (SMB1 Hack) in 07:02.22
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4137)
NesVideoAgent wrote:
A "warpless" speedrun of the game Mario ! * Uses warps
What?
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Actually, he doesn't use warps. He just wrote it wrong, I guess. Anyway, I don't really like hacks that you are supposed to use bugs to finish it, although I like your design choices that doesn''t involve using bugs just to complete the game. Your hack have some interesting concepts mixed with game bugs. ...aaand your run is not optimal, I see you hadn't used the flagpole glitch, for example. No from me, sorry
My first language is not English, so please excuse myself if I write something wrong. I'll do my best do write as cleary as I can, so cope with me here =) (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... minty!