Submission Text Full Submission Page
Hello again people.
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Genre: Platform
  • Genre: Shooter
About the Run
This is a 10.04 Second improvement over the previous run. This was due to a simple mistake, as well as some other changes.
Boy was this finished fast. I don't want this to affect the judgment of the movie, but this run took exactly 2 days to make. I just hex edited the improvements using the handy TAS Movie Editor. I guess i'm just fast...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2431: Sonikkustar's GB Batman in 10:15.38
Ambassador, Experienced player (696)
This was a game I had. I think it's entertaining enough for a 10-minute TAS. Could you explain your weapon choices? You use mainly P and S. I forget but I think R might be stronger. Then there's T. On the platform bosses, your shots don't damage him when he's flashing. But you just keep firing anyway. That's why I say R and T might be better. You can also do more damage with head shots. With R you would want to make sure to build up your weapon level to have more shots around. On the shooter bosses, is it necessary to get hit? It might look classier if you don't get hit unnecessarily. But otherwise you kept me interested enough through the forced scroll levels.
Skilled player (1306)
TheAxeMan wrote:
This was a game I had. I think it's entertaining enough for a 10-minute TAS. Could you explain your weapon choices? You use mainly P and S. I forget but I think R might be stronger. Then there's T. On the platform bosses, your shots don't damage him when he's flashing. But you just keep firing anyway. That's why I say R and T might be better. You can also do more damage with head shots. With R you would want to make sure to build up your weapon level to have more shots around. On the shooter bosses, is it necessary to get hit? It might look classier if you don't get hit unnecessarily. But otherwise you kept me interested enough through the forced scroll levels.
S is Stronger than P, But T is stronger than S I think. T can't be upgraded though. Later in the game, P does the same amount as S for some reason. I haven't figured this out yet. I don't really know where the R is in the game. I didn't know that head shots are stronger. I'll see if I can splice this in. On the shooter stages, Taking damage is the fastest way to hit the bosses sooner.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
By the way, if you're curious about the R powerup, I saw you revealed one in Stage 1-3 and passed it up. I tried looking for a video game map, but I couldn't find one marking where the powerups are. This run was more enjoyable the second time I saw it. The music is awesome enough for the Game Boy to keep me interested too. I'd like to see if you can get a little more hard data as to how powerful the weapons actually are, as well as testing fighting the bosses with headshots. However, this run is still worth a Yes from me.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Skilled player (1306)
Oh the Batarang?! That thing is completely useless because in order to fire again, the previous one has to have left the screen. It is stronger, but the time it takes between shots is longer than the time I would gain from it. I will see about the headshots though. EDIT: I just tried headshots, and they are stronger. But even if they are stronger, The invincibility time is much longer.
If I can get enough confirmation that an improvement won't be made (Again), I'll happily encode this. =P
Skilled player (1306)
Go for it Flygon!
Editor, Active player (428)
Now let's hold up here for just a minute. There is a memory adress that you need to monitor while TASing this game. It will show you if you had a lag frame when landing. If the value=0 then there is a lag frame. If it is 1 then you're good. Also there was improvement at the start of 1-2. All frames saved before that are from saving lag frames.
Wait, so there is an improvement? *closes VBA* Now I see why people hate frame wars. =|
To use the batarang you would want to build up your weapon level so you could have multiple shots in the air at once. I think you can get at least 4 or so before the boss. Then you can set up your shots so that they hit on both passes over the boss. Even simple looking games have lots of things to think about in a TAS.
Skilled player (1306)
TheAxeMan wrote:
To use the batarang you would want to build up your weapon level so you could have multiple shots in the air at once. I think you can get at least 4 or so before the boss. Then you can set up your shots so that they hit on both passes over the boss.
I will see. What is that RAM address though?
If you are asking about weapon level, it is displayed on the screen all the time. The gun powerups increase it and the inverse gun powerups decrease it.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
>I just tried headshots, and they are stronger. But even if they are stronger, The invincibility time is much longer. Maybe it's not a good idea to make every hit a headshot then, but the last hit should definitely be a headshot, because the invincibility time after the last hit doesn't matter. I also see that Kyman posted some improvements to your run. I suggest that you cancel this and make a new run which takes advantage of the new info you now have.
Skilled player (1306)
I tried to run his run on VBA, but it was the same as mine. I also asked Kyman about that lag RAM address but he hasn't replied. : / I will cancel this again but it id not likely that the improvement will get accepted or anything because this is such an average game. (I hate frame wars now. Thanks ALOT Kyman!)
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... juicy!
Editor, Active player (428)
Sonikkustar wrote:
I tried to run his run on VBA, but it was the same as mine.
What do you mean it "wasn't the same"?
Sonikkustar wrote:
I also asked Kyman about that lag RAM address but he hasn't replied. : /
You never directly asked me for the address. Anyways I misplaced it, i'll find it later.
Sonikkustar wrote:
I hate frame wars now.
5+ seconds doesn't seem like frame wars to me.
Sonikkustar wrote:
Thanks ALOT Kyman
"a lot" is two words. Also no problem for showing you an improvement to your run.
Skilled player (1306)
Oops...Sorry all about all of this. What I mean by all the same is that when I ran your movie on VBA, some weird glitch happened and it showed my run for some reason. I'm sorry for not asking you directly Kyman. I truly am. Is there any way I can make it up. Oh and thanks for the new improvements Kyman. With this pseudo lag thing I'll be careful the next time. Thank you all for your feedback!