Emulator: VisualBoyAdvance 1.7.2 re-recording v19.5

Essensials

• Aims for fastest time
  • Manipulates luck
  • Beats all stages

About the game

This is a Tetris game added bomb blocks. The bomb blocks will explode when a line which has them is completed. The game uses the gravity algorithm. A chain-reaction allows the bomb blocks to explode bigger. To destroy all of blocks and clear a level, you need to use a big bomb block. You can make it by making a square with four bomb blocks.
In Japan, the game is known as a kind of Bombliss, and many of Bombliss games were released there. But Tetris Blast is the only Bombliss game released worldwide. The original game of Tetris Blast is, "Tetris 2 + Bombliss", released for SNES.

Trick

The best way of moving sideways is pressing → and ↓, or pressing ← and ↓ alternately.

Stage by stage comments

Stage 1

I used only three pieces to clear the level. I didn’t manipulate luck at the stage because the shape of the next stage was unchangeable.

Stage 2

This level was the hardest level for me to make the movie. The enemy of the stage would eat a bomb blocks quickly, and I had to use a lot of blocks to clear the level.

Stage 3

The enemy of the stage would catch a falling piece and pull it down very quickly. So I had to avoid the enemy when I was operating a piece. I made three big bombs at the stage and put a small bomb on the big bomb I made in the center of the stage to blow up all of big bombs at a time. At the end of the level, I used an extra piece to manipulate luck for the next stage.

Stage 4

A Z-shaped piece made of four bombs helped me make a big bomb in the center of the stage when I blew up a big bomb on the top of the stage and dropped the Z-shaped piece to the center of the stage.

Stage 5

After using a big bomb, I had to stamp the enemy of the stage because it would raise the playfield if I didn’t so.

Stage 6

I had to stamp the enemy of the stage with a square block because it would go and eat the big bomb on the bottom of the stage. I made the enemy raise the playfield by using a L-shaped piece so I could blow up, with a stick made of three blocks, the big bomb without completing a line myself.

Stage 7

I kept off the enemy’s attack by blowing up a big bomb in some timing.

Stage 8

Thanks to two sticks made of three blocks each, I could make a big bomb at the center of the stage. But I needed to make the other big bombs so I could blow up the big bomb I made before.

Baxter: Good viewer response and quite different from the other Tetris TASes. Accepting for publication.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2440: Ryuto's SGB Tetris Blast in 03:57.98
Publisher
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
It's fast, enjoyable, and appears to be well thought out. And the ending was unexpected. I liked it. Therefore, I'm giving a YES vote.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Former player
"100% kills" seems kind of questionable as a goal, given that all the enemies have health left when the stage is cleared of blocks. If the stage is cleared of blocks, I presume that the enemy die automatically regardless of how much health it has left? Alternatively, if you get the enemy to 0 health, what happens? if the stage is automatically passed when they have 0 health regardless of the amount of blocks left, I'd class that as "100% kills".
Aktanusa's encode was pretty glitchy for me, but I watched it on Emu and it looked pretty entertaining. I remember playing this game as a kid and loving it. Yes vote.
Publisher
ShadowWraith wrote:
Aktanusa's encode was pretty glitchy for me...
Hopefully the MP4 version will fix that, but I'm having trouble making it right now ~_~
The MKV worked fine for me. Thanks for posting it. It took me a bit to figure out the rules for the game, but what I saw was reasonably entertaining. I didn't watch it carefully for strategy, though. Still, good enough for me! Nice work.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Player (70)
Thanks for the encode. Would not be watching this run without it. This run kept me entertained for the few minutes it was running. Cheers!
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
Different enough from other tetris games to not be redundant and it was a neat run. I vote yes.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Skilled player (1530)
Atma wrote:
"100% kills" seems kind of questionable as a goal, given that all the enemies have health left when the stage is cleared of blocks. If the stage is cleared of blocks, I presume that the enemy die automatically regardless of how much health it has left? Alternatively, if you get the enemy to 0 health, what happens? if the stage is automatically passed when they have 0 health regardless of the amount of blocks left, I'd class that as "100% kills".
I meant that I had started from the first stage. I could start from the stage 5, but I thought playing 4 stages was too short. That's why I beat all stages and classed the run as "100% kills". If I get the enemy to 0 health, it will die in the same way.
DailyMotioned Just keep aware that it is still publishing.
PCachu
He/Him
I'd be more likely to call that objective All Stages than 100% Kills. That's a little more explicit about declining the option to skip stages. 100% Kills sounds more like an objective for a shmup run.
"100% kills" is a bit vague when the enemies wasn't really killed by the blocks. If finishing the stage automatically kills the enemy, then the following objective is enough to cover it. Objective: finish all stages as fast as possible. Unless.... it's faster to kill the enemy without clearing all the blocks in the stage AND you're aiming to kill the enemy. Then the goal becomes "100% kills ASAP". It's an enjoyable TAS to watch. Voting Yes!
Banned User, Former player
Play Extra mode and use the restrictions of that mode (you must clear stage by bringing enemy to 0 health) to set up large and interesting chains instead of just aiming to clear the field as soon as possible. See also unassisted run.
Perma-banned
Skilled player (1530)
Hmm, it seems that some people think "100% kills" is questionable as a goal. I'll change "100% Kills" into "Beats all stages".
DailyMotion (I removed the previous one due to desync) Archive.org (3.39 megabytes, 1/3rd of the size of Aktan's encode) Since I buggered up and added the SGB borders, I regress this encode be used for publishing. That, and I'm about to get 1-uped by the worlds best encoder. =3 ... Not in that way you dirty minded sob!
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1399] SGB Tetris Blast by Ryuto in 03:57.98