Submission Text Full Submission Page
Here's the classic Donkey Kong Country. In this movie I aimed for the fastest time while finding 100% of the bonus rooms. The movie goes from power on to when I lose control of the characters (a couple seconds after defeating the final boss). I didn't lose a single life during the game. I also exploited a programming error in one of the levels; In "Millstone Mayhem", I'd normally have to wait for the hostile objects to move out of my way, but I found a way I could go through them without taking damage or slowing down: kartwheeling, or bouncing off an enemy.
On the moving ropes throughout the game (the vertical ones, not the swinging ones), it seems I could jump off of them sooner, but actually I can't. The rope must slow down before I jump; otherwise, the characters will grab hold of the rope again. I just wanted to make that clear before the movie gets judged.
What makes this movie worth watching? Well, I exploit the kartwheel-jumping-in-mid-air trick to the extreme, taking shortcuts that gamers thought impossible. A skilled player did a time-attack on this game on a real console getting all bonuses and not losing a life, and his time right after beating the final boss is 58:38. My tool-assisted time is nearly 5 minutes faster.

Forget it.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #254: Contendo's SNES Donkey Kong Country in 53:43.83
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
I haven't seen this video, but is it only me that thinks that five minutes seems like very little improvement in a one-hour video?
Former player
The current, though not yet official, world record for this game is 46:00 game-time units and is held by me. Alex Penev did a tool-assisted run in 40:00 game time minutes. I can't get your run to work with any of my roms, but 53:44 is already much too slow.