Submission Text Full Submission Page

Mario Evolution!

This hack contains 5 worlds and a total of 26 levels.
I played this game, because is from medium-high difficult, and a great variety of levels.

Specifications

• This run is not for fastest time to complete.
  • Stop being quick to make entertainig.
I try to kill the may number of enemies possible.
  • Emulator used: FCEUX 2.10.20
I hope you like this run...

klmz: I don't know why this submission is treated differently. Maybe the author has been having hard times with random SMB hacks.

adelikat: Rejecting for reasons stated in topic. Also, I think we have enough SMB hacks, thanks.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2515: MrOmicron's NES Mario Evolution in 16:46.34
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
Let's see... 1) unapproved hack; no distinguishing game play to warrant its approval. 2) link to the hack in the description is incorrect (try searching for it). 3) doesn't use a good version of the ROM to apply patch to (it uses (JU) [p1]). Kill it with fire.
Remember that discussion about Publishers getting cancellation powers? I do. No offense mate, but as with Grunts above statement, this hack just can't go.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3596)
sgrunt wrote:
1) unapproved hack
That is an rule no longer in affect. Hacks do not require previous approval. However, the bad dump is grounds for rejection right there. What is interesting about this hack vs the exisitng hacks and published SMB movies? I give it a no vote.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I figured I should give this hack a shot. I watched the movie, and my overall impression of the game is that it's not particularly different from SMB. It has some little gimmicks (like the dots in World 1-3 that sort of behave like vines), but otherwise it's not too special... it looks like it's trying to be difficult, but not ridiculously so. As for the movie itself, the play is alright. There's some use of glitching. However:
  • There's no use of the flagpole glitch (assuming it still works in this hack).
  • Fireworks are set off, including some stages with 6 fireworks. This wastes more time than just waiting before touching the flag.
  • Bowser is not killed with fireballs. This is probably trying to look more impressive (especially in World 3), but I think it looks sloppy.
  • Lots of fireballs are shot to try to increase entertainment, but this sometimes makes the game lag (check out 1-4 with the fire rods for example). Also, it gets really old.
Unfortunately, I think that the play and the game are below site standards, especially since those standards are quite high for the SMB games. No vote. MrOmicron, if you're interested in playing hacked versions of Mario games, you should check out the hacked versions that have been published... each of them has something which makes it interestingly distinct from the original SMB. Maybe this will help with ideas.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Skilled player (1637)
Just a reminder, this is MrOmnicron's 3rd crapppy mario hack submission.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, salty!