Emulator: SNES 9x v1.51 v6 (interim) for windows
This movie:
-Played on hardest difficulty
-Controls 2 characters with 1 input
-abuses programing errors
-humiliates AI
-fights Reptile as Scorpion
-Contains entertainment/speed tradeoffs
Mortal Kombat is a Super Nintendo game that is a port of the popular arcade game. It is not as bloody as its Genesis counterpart but makes up for it in audio and visuals. Other than the 1p vs 2p Scorpion/Raiden fight, I take no damage.
Here's a rundown of the fights:
Johnny Cage
Fight was fast and went very well. No complaints here.
Kano
Scorpions Teleport can be used to counter Kano's cannonball move. He slid back the perfect distance for Scorpion to roast him.
Rayden/Raiden
He always gave me trouble on the real console, here, hes weak. His flying torpedo move has nothing on Scorpion's mad hops.
Liu Kang
Scorpion's Teleport rapes Liu's AI. Nuff said.
Reptile... wait what?
Yes it's true, Reptile can be fought as Scorpion. All you have to do is press Up, Up with out blocking. Reptile Himself ain't so tough.
Sub-Zero
Sub-zero Melts at the hand of Scorpion.
Sonya
more easy fighting
1p vs 2p and Character switch
Tried to make as entertaining as possible.
Player 1's Ending score: 15,999,000
Mirror Match
Fighting fire with fire, wait, I meant lighting with lightning.
Endurance 1
Not even 2 fighters can beat Raiden. Now you can see the Pit Fatality. Phew, good thing he missed the spikes.
(Endurance 2 and 3 aren't much different)
Goro
Having 4 arms and being half dragon can't help goro here. Another easy fight.
Shang Tsung
Shang Tsung goes down without a sweat.
Player 2's ending score: 5842500
Have a nice day
Merry Christmas and Happy new year.

Nach: This is clearly not as fast as possible, and I don't think the exploits featured really make it entertaining enough to make up for it. The missed hits make this run look sloppy without any real entertainment value. I believe this is a bad game choice in general. Perhaps try Mortal Kombat II?

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2526: kchrules's SNES Mortal Kombat in 14:03.40
I gotta be honest, it was just plain boring. Not that it's your fault, its the game.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Unfortunately, I agree with Blaise. Now, I definitely have nostalgia with Mortal Kombat, and I could see some gimmicks you had in your run (taking a shot from Sonya but not receiving any damage, throwing Kano while he's tucked in a ball, etc.). However, the game is really too slow-paced and simplistic to make a good fighting game TAS. The game doesn't have a whole lot of combos, and you have only one finishing move (per character). You do a good job at making the AI look bad, but this run also makes the game look bad.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
Having watched most all of the other fighting runs on this site, I draw two conclusions from watching this: 1) This game is exceedingly slow-paced in comparison; 2) This run does not have nearly enough variety to make up for that, and the game is arguably incapable of providing it. By the standards of the other runs of this nature on the site, this just doesn't hold up at all. No vote.
SDR
Skilled player (1360)
not yet.... if you love it game, then work more!
whatever worth doing, is worth doing well
Former player
Holy megaboring. There wasn't any sort variety or difficulty or anything here, really. No vote.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom