Submission Text Full Submission Page

Art Alive! is a video game for the Sega Mega Drive, in it, you must draw imagery.

• Emulator used: Gens 11a
  • Colours an image without any input
  • Does not Color a Dinosaur
  • Breaks the TASVideoAgent

Comments

This TAS was very difficult to make, it took over 9000 rerecords to finally achieve this astonishingly fast TAS.
adelikat told me to submit this run by the way.

Stage by stage comments

After a couple of frames I gave up and said screw it and hex edited the input file to have 1/3rd of a frame of input.

Nach: This great run is sitting here clogging up the submission queue. We're too lazy to encode and publish it, so I'm rejecting it. Feel free to argue with this decision. I welcome it.
flygon: Screw you Nach, I wanted to reject it myself.
flygon: Uncancelling and rerejecting by the way.
Nach: No fair, you're supposed to do this kind of bickering in the forum, not in the submission.
flygon: Well excuuuuse me princess, now setting to cancelled and rejecting again.
Nach: Princesses triumph over dragons ever time. Rererejecting.
flygon: Dragons have bigger cocks then Princesses, recancelling.

flygon: Unrejecting because frictionless games of poll suck pool cues.
flygon: Rererejected because the site is dying
flygon: This setting isn't used enough
flygon: Rejected for the last time.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2530: Flygon's Genesis Art Alive! in 00:00.00
Player (116)
I submitted this run cause adelikat told me to. Genius! yes vote!
[19:16] <scrimpy> silly portuguese [19:16] <scrimpy> it's like spanish, only less cool
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
I just don't think this game is suitable TAS material; I found this run very boring to watch. Perhaps the astonishing length of the run contributes partly to that. Besides, there's an obvious mistake right around 00:00.00 where you don't do anything when you could have. No vote.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
Desyncs for me. Perhaps I'm using the wrong emulator version? Maybe I have a bad ROM dump :/
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Former player
Damn, now that's fast. This gets a yes.
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
This didn't color a dinosaur, definite no vote from me. Edit: I thought perhaps I was a bit too hasty after rejecting two other runs today, so I went to rewatch this. Guess what? It's even worse than I remembered. What were you thinking? You didn't control two players, you didn't use any super missiles, and as art goes, this sucked. This run deserves a new option in voting: "Please kill the author of this run for making something so awful". Or better yet, "Please kill the author's parents for making something which could make something so awful".
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Experienced player (954)
Any homebrew playing music would do same, doesnt matter if its a branded game or not, this doesnt beat anything nor does show anything interresting (apparently), and its not superplay Voting no, despite your efforts This is more entertaining : http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8906
Editor, Active player (428)
You should of posted WIPs first, this is very improvable. Voting no and hoping it gets rejected due to known improvements. EDIT: This is 2 frames slower but shows a better technique: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SntX5o46dpM
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
I'm going to go register a new account just so I can vote no on this again.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
Still can't get it to sync. Doesn't matter anyway as I am attempting to obsolete it as we speak. I'll vote meh since I can't find the ROM.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Can someone make an encode for this? It keeps crashing when I try to playback! :( Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
I'm starting to get a "one of us" vibe from this submission.
The rerecord counter must be busted. *crushes in hand*
Former player
I don't like it when authors end input a frame early just to shave that frame. If I had been holding down any button when the file ended, I wouldn't have completed the game.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
It's going to be great when this run is published and we can use it as precedent in all kinds of arguments!
You know.. my signature references another TAS... one of King's Bounty.. and a quote from it that has served us well.. but you know what? I was bored to tears. Music was shite, graphics were shite. Seriously dude! As if it wasn't bad enough during the Super Bowl.. and now you gone and TAS'd the Janet Jackson Nipple Flash... I'm sorry.. but those 3 factors alone make me have to vote no! And next time? THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Skilled player (1706)
This..... This run is the BEST run ever!! You got to publish it!!
Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2105)
Rating: (10/0)/(10-10/0), can't do the maths Vote: (unexpected exception) EDIT: Solved! (10/0)/(10-10/0) = -10/10
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
This is a joke TAS, so I'm voting no.
Post subject: last edit, I promise
Active player (308)
I hated it, but because of abuse that has happened I'm voting YES.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Good TAS but sorry I can see a few frames of improvement here and there, so voting meh.
<adelikat> I am annoyed at my irc statements ending up in forums & sigs
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... minty!
Player (57)
Ummm, no.
Flygon wrote:
DailyMotion
Voted no because I refuse to watch this encode. This is why: http://i49.tinypic.com/1zyzyqh.png
adelikat wrote:
It started off fairly tame, but as more balls entered the picture it sure got a lot more entertaining.