Stimpy's Mutate-o-Matic has gone haywire and exploded causing 6 parts of the machine to spread across the city. The machine won't stop!! The only way to stop it is if you collect all 6 parts and turn the machine off.
Movie features:
  • Emulator used: Gens 11a
  • Plays on hardest difficulty
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Changes character to avoid damage
  • Changes character to pass through walls
You can control either of the characters and both have different moves. Other character is controlled by AI and tries it's best to stay behind you. The AI controlled character is immune to damage and this is used a few times.
Ren:
A + down = uses Stimpy as a drill
A = hops on Stimpy and makes a leap
B + down = uses Stimpy as a bowling ball
C + up = grabs Stimpy and jumps high
Stimpy:
A = uses Ren as a pole a jumps
A + down = uses Ren as a showel to dig
B + up = throws Ren high in air
B + down = uses Ren as a polo ball
B = throws Ren around
C + up = spins Ren so he sends the duo high in air like helicopter
1-3: Freezer
Abuses change character function to go through walls. Strangely the holes which were covered by ice and would have had to be drilled or shoveled off disappear when I change to character in second floor.
2-1: The Zoo
Takes a lot of damage to save time.
2-2: Monkey cage
The beginning here could be done faster, but then the banana peels throwed by monkeys and the kicking little monkey wouldn't be in "sync" and would slow us down.
3-2: Bicycle getaway
I get damaged here but it takes only 4 health and speeds us up by 6 frames.
4-2: Dungeon
The beginning could be done faster but again the advantage would turn around a little later when Stimpy wouldn't be able to keep up the pace.
4-3: Wrestling Ring
Here we have to only wait until the time runs up and get our fourth piece.
6-1: The Mutate-O-Matic
Changing character just before taking damage let's us save health for christmas lights. Passing through wall by character change saves a lot of time here.

mmbossman: This reminds me of the Beavis and Butthead movie in a way; very creative use of character switching and damage taking. The lack of a boss is a bit of a letdown though. Anyway, it's entertaining, and I'm accepting it for publication.
Aktan: Publishing

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
Oh, hey, I vaguely remember this game! It's colourful, reasonably fast-paced, and there's a variety of available actions besides running, (one type of) jumping, and shooting (not to mention the stages where there's an alternate form of transportation, such as the bike escape). I give this a yes vote, and an encode: http://www.archive.org/download/GenesisTheRenStimpyShowPresentsStimpysInventionByMatoIn0718.13/stimpysinvention-tas-mato.mp4 Streamable thus: http://www.zexsoft.com/aktan/?GenesisTheRenStimpyShowPresentsStimpysInventionByMatoIn0718.13/stimpysinvention-tas-mato
Thanks for the encode, sgrunt! Ehh, I suspect this movie would be more entertaining if I'd watched Ren & Stimpy as a kid, which I didn't -- at least in part because I didn't like the animation or design, which the run used, which means I didn't like the visuals in addition to not getting any of the references. Voting meh. Seemed a decent run; I just didn't appreciate it.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Player (116)
There were parts of this run I liked, and parts I didn't like, that being said, I think this is very worthy of publication.
[19:16] <scrimpy> silly portuguese [19:16] <scrimpy> it's like spanish, only less cool
Experienced player (954)
Voting yes, this was fast paced, fun, cute and colorfull (the latter been somewhat rare on genesis), only drawback was musics i think, the rest was realy cute, animation is great, i like also how the 2 characters are used, and the silly stuffs they do, like the flying bycycle. Also it was short, 30 min run maybe would have bore me, but its "only" 7min so it kept me in the action for whole run. Ah, i didnt like the ending tought lol.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Wow, the game is pretty random, especially that 5th stage with all the body parts. It also took me a while to realize that when Stimpy comes back on screen after falling off, he rides on the back of Powdered Toast Man. In any case, this is short enough with a lot of variety to get a Yes.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Experienced player (538)
This game disgust yet entertain me in most of the places.. what the heck is going on somewhere around 06:00, are you inside of someone's mouth which is full of logs, death, bees and disturbing eyes! This game is surely random and enough insane to get published and scare people away from this site! :P Oh god I don't feel well at all, I tried to eat while watching this run. Thanks for destroying my appetite! Anyway I go with a Yes vote. I'd suggest you to TAS some Cho Aniki SHMUP games which are really random, full of muscles, gayish and awesome :)
Shinryuu enjoyed it. Go figure. What a disgusting man. ;) I enjoyed this run. That fart-balloon level was unholy on the ears, though. Blech. Easy yes for me though. I especially enjoyed the level skips of falling through floors by switching characters... that was neat.
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
I can understand video-game adaptations of TV shows were very popular then, but what about the TV show itself? Most of the time the games based on movies don't follow exactly to the plot line based on the technical limitations of the hardware ... or maybe the developer team were just too lazy to go out and buy a movie ticket. On the other hand, this game was so fast-paced you would think that they were even going faster than Powdered-Toastman Voting yes.
That was excellent. Very fast-paced and entertaining throughout.
GGG
Banned User, Former player
I uploaded to dailymotion the movie of The Ren & Stimpy Show Presents: Stimpy's Invention http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc2qtd_the-ren-stimpy-show-presents-stimpy_videogames
Expert player (2582)
Oh man, this game is awful, maybe the worst game on Genesis, full of disgusting things, but I like it, and you played it with mastery, you deserve nothing less than a Yes vote.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
This game makes about as much sense as the show itself did.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1454] Genesis The Ren & Stimpy Show Presents: Stimpy's Invention "1 player" by maTO in 07:18.13
Oh man, I love that show. It's so FUBAR. Used to watch it as a kid, even though today I'd say it's not a kids' show.