Submission Text Full Submission Page
It is not this Game (Rockman Dash Hagane no Boukenshin)
It is a Hack rom "MM2(J)"
With Megaman 1 unusual same
Is also same including music
Youtube Movies
Airman : Position which starts in the next stage adjustment
Metalman : Tactical death , Appears before the Boss door
Quickman : Has used delay down scrolling
Crashman : Previous time funny Glitch appears again (delay_direction_change) Tactical death
Woodman : Has used delay up scrolling (High and low traversing move)
Flashman : Delete procedure strategic death , Has the use special skill delay_ladder_tech
Willy Stage3 : Has Uses delay death for to speed up the progress
Willy Stage4 : Grasps the scintillation time which attacks + The delay right scrolling
              Passes through one to waste the time very much the needle mountain place
             (Certainly wastes for 14 seconds)
Sorry ~~ English is not good ........

cpadolf: The hack is a poor choice to make a run of as it does not seem to offer anything really new to the viewer, and the level design isn't very good or interesting. The level of optimization is also noticeably lacking, especially when compared to the high standards of the standard Rockman 2 run. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2603: woabclf's NES Rockman 2 Dash in 26:55.00
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Admitably, I don't like this hack compared to the other one you submitted. Instead of really offering something new, it pretty much rips everything off of Rockman 1 and 3. And given that the powers are basically the same as Rockman 2, I think your route was a pretty poor choice. Voting NO on the hack and the run.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Active player (295)
Sir VG wrote:
I think your route was a pretty poor choice.
??? stage order ?
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
I agree with Sir VG, this hack is much worse than the other one you submitted. Also, the play looks sloppier in this run. In Heat Man's stage, you use the pause-to-reset-vertical-momentum-glitch too much, and Heat Man isn't optimized; you don't always let him charge for the shortest amount of time, and you let him move too much. I've only seen Heat Man's stage, but I think I have to vote no for this one.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Not encoding in HD. Consider this my No vote, sorry. The unoptimization of it just isn't ticking my clock right.
Active player (276)
I am also inclined to vote no on this. Plenty of room for improvement in the TAS itself, and the rom hack itself isn't that great imo either.
Editor, Expert player (2313)
I watched the first two YT videos and I think this was pretty good. It wasn't outright sloppy and he used some glitches. The hack isn't very good though. The reuse of stages/music from the original Megaman games makes this hack seem boring. The run doesn't seem very special to me.
Former player
I was quite bored by this run and it seems even more unoptimized than your last run. This time I have to vote no.
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
Interesting idea of the hack but it wasn't very entertaining. Also there's too many missed shots... No vote, mainly because of bad hack choise.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
woabclf, you seem to have a lot of talent for exploiting glitches, and that's pretty awesome. However, the rest of the play is pretty unoptimized. I only watched the Heatman stage, and Heatman does move way too much. If you watch the published Rockman 2 run, note how little Heatman moves between each hit. I don't plan on finishing this run, largely for the same reasons others posted above, so I won't cast a vote.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Active player (295)
mklip2001 wrote:
If you watch the published Rockman 2 run, note how little Heatman moves between each hit.
I discovered already soon completed
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
woabclf wrote:
Sir VG wrote:
I think your route was a pretty poor choice.
??? stage order ?
Well, given how much this is like the original game, why are you using Heat Man's weapon on Metal Man? And that's just one example.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Look, I was already dissatisfied with Rockman L. I didn't think the level design, or any of the design choices for that matter (the Robot Masters looked horrible), was anything spectacular. But this hack is just bad. The stages are really boring and amateur. They look like things a 10 year old can make in Powered Up's level editor. I only watched the first two videos, and have no intention of watching the rest. I'll abstain from voting because of that. But my vote would be No either way.
upthorn
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Active player (388)
Satoryu wrote:
Look, I was already dissatisfied with Rockman L. I didn't think the level design, or any of the design choices for that matter (the Robot Masters looked horrible), was anything spectacular. But this hack is just bad. The stages are really boring and amateur. They look like things a 10 year old can make in Powered Up's level editor. I only watched the first two videos, and have no intention of watching the rest. I'll abstain from voting because of that. But my vote would be No either way.
You don't have to watch a whole movie before voting no. If the first 5 minutes are so bad you don't want to continue, it is still reasonable to vote no.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.
Active player (295)
Sir VG wrote:
Well, given how much this is like the original game, why are you using Heat Man's weapon on Metal Man? And that's just one example.
Must use the coordinate the glitch certainly to priority selection Metalman
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
A good run of a good hack should demonstrate more that is possible with the game engine than the original game, whether that be in the form of new content, additional glitches, etc.; in essence it is there to show more that can be done with the engine. The current MM2 run is a lot faster-paced than this and seems to demonstrate a greater variety of glitches than this run does. You do use item-1 zipping frequently (possibly almost too frequently to stay interesting), but in general it feels like there is less being demonstrated here than in the MM2 run. Since you're demonstrating a reasonable degree of technical competence in your glitch use, I'd attribute this more to the hack than anything else. That being the case, I do not think this is not a good hack for publication, and I will vote no.
Active player (295)
upthorn wrote:
Satoryu wrote:
You don't have to watch a whole movie before voting no. If the first 5 minutes are so bad you don't want to continue, it is still reasonable to vote no.
Is my mistake In fact is my replot third times TAS Starts from Airman to do makes my another TAS Dash+ (The second 28:07) I deleted the first TAS record (Dash 29:38) This record is from Dash+ metalman the boss start This Submissions already was bad But Afterward is very interesting Must be better than L
upthorn
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Active player (388)
L is better than Dash+. You should make a better run of L. Dash+ is too boring.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.
upthorn wrote:
Satoryu wrote:
I still don't like to do it, though. It's not fair.
Active player (295)
upthorn wrote:
L is better than Dash+. You should make a better run of L. Dash+ is too boring.
Dash+ must make early compared to L dash, dash+,L , I could not again make, Will only retain fcm My predetermined hack name list are many
Boring hack, not-so-good movie. Sorry, voting no. What do you think about opening a thread (maybe with help with someone who can understand Japanese) about Mega Man romhacks, showing your list of hacks and asking about which one should be TASed?
My first language is not English, so please excuse myself if I write something wrong. I'll do my best do write as cleary as I can, so cope with me here =) (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
ventuz
He/Him
Player (123)
I'm impressed you made this TAS so fast.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, salty!
Skilled player (1431)
Uh... why did this stay in the workbench?
Agare Bagare Kopparslagare
It's in the Gruefood as far as I can tell. Rockman L is still on the workbench though, but that's a different hack.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.