Submission Text Full Submission Page
Behold! This is a HIGH-SCORE RUN for Gods!
For comparison, the current published movie gets a score of about 400 000 points. This submission gets more than 87 000 000 points! That is 218 times more score! This TAS also completes the game in a very short time, if you don't count the score tally screens. Somebody might even notice that the first minute of the run is played faster than the current published movie, so the level of optimization is high.

Movie Classes

• Aims for high score
  • Uses death to save time
  • Uses death to get score
  • Abuses programming errors to get score
  • Kills final boss twice to get score
  • Contains speed/entertainment trade-offs (You'll know it, when you see it!)
  • Contains speed/score trade-offs
  • Contains entertainment/score trade-offs
  • Possibly one of the most glitched movies ever (You'll know it, when the game starts resembling white noise!)

Also, Colors The Final Boss!

This movie colors the final boss with a different palette, when he appears the second time! On a real console, the color would always be random, but now we know the true color! (Light blue!)
Re-colouring dinosaurs is the most respected achievement in the elitist TAS circles, so I'm very proud of this TAS. The final boss is not a dinosaur, but a SKELETON THE SIZE OF A T-REX, which has got to be almost as good!
I hope you enjoy this number-crunching masperpiece!
I also hope that we can keep publishing movies with interesting goals like this, even though speed is no longer a valid goal to aim for due to emulator discrepancies.

mmbossman: I truly admire the work needed to make this movie, but the insufferable score tallies are just too much to sit through, even with fast-forwarding. This will definitely be on my "too weird to publish" list though. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2615: Aqfaq's Genesis Gods "high-score" in 1:56:05.70
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Thank you for making the submission text full of win! (Although "masperpiece" is misspelled...) Unfortunately, I do not have time tonight to check out this run, but I'll get to it eventually, especially since I would in fact be interested in a 100% run of sorts on this game.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Hmm, I finally made it through. It's nifty in theory how the game can get so glitched, but then the score-counting lasts forever. You didn't even get all 9's in the score at the end for all that trouble. Nice concept, and awesome April Fool's submission, but this is a No vote. EDIT: Maybe more people will be able to properly watch this if you can provide savestates which skip some of the major score counting.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
mklip2001 wrote:
EDIT: Maybe more people will be able to properly watch this if you can provide savestates which skip some of the major score counting.
an encode would be a good begining :)
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
The actual gameplay was good to watch, but the score screens even with frame skip was excessively long and wrecked my enjoyment, No vote.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... sweet!