Submission Text Full Submission Page
Gunstar Heroes in 37:07.4
I tried very hard in this film and I would like to be published. It uses almost the entire game, the lightsaber that is the most powerful weapon and is only a player who depends only on.
I think 2 minutes but not much, but I was told that 1535, was little.
Anyway, if I refuse, I will use this movie for my personal use.

mmbossman: I don't know if Gunstar Heroes is in need of a separate 1 player movie, but this isn't the movie to convince myself or the audience. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2641: Felipe's Genesis Gunstar Heroes "1P" in 37:07.40
The existing 2P run is faster than this, despite the fact that in 2P, weapons deal less damage, each player can only harm bosses on every other frame, and there's more lag. The existing 1P run is also faster, though it uses Normal mode. Why should this run be published, given these facts?
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
I don't see the need to have this published alongside the 2P run, which flows significantly faster than this despite the disadvantages iherent in 2P gameplay (and the fact that the 2P run itself does not aim for speed at all costs). Further, the author of said run provided some criticism of one of your WIPs which seems to have gone unaddressed. I'm not well-versed enough in the game to point to many specific technical criticisms of my own (it inherently flows far too quickly for me to keep detailed track of what's going on) other then there are occasions when it doesn't seem like you are killing enemies as quickly as possible. Also, in the autoscrolling spaceship stage (I don't know which stage numbers are which or if they have proper names) you're making no effort to be entertaining; a very large number of enemies pass by without being touched. That having been said, the factors above, in particular being significantly slower than the 2P run, lead me to believe that substantially stronger optimisation could be done in this run. If you are intent on having a run published here, please take the time to respond to criticism and incorporate suggestions into your run so that your run can be optimised to the greatest extent possible; that's part of what we aim for on the site here. In the meantime, I will vote no.
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
I like Gunstar Heroes, therefore I'll vote yes in the meantime.
Should I encode this? I doubt it will be published.
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
Up to you. I personally prefer only to encode runs which I think are likely publishable (which isn't to say if I don't encode something I don't think it'll be published; runs that I encode are a subset of runs that I think are publishable).
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Sorry Kregorio, but this just isn't as good as the currently published run. It seems like bosses are not manipulated, which is most apparent during the Seven Force fight of Stage 2 and the boss fights after the spaceship stage. I see that you had some entertaining bits (like shooting Black after the dice palace and writing TAS in Stage 3), but a 2-player run can do so much more to be entertaining. 1535 rerecords also doesn't really seem like enough rerecords to be able to do a game this big precisely. For these reasons, I vote No.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Voting NO because there wasn't enough effort put into this. Improvements are obvious even watching at standard speed. I also don't agree with your weapon choices.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... crunchy!
Banned User
I really do not understand.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Felipe, if you don't understand why the run was rejected, hopefully the comments in this discussion have mentioned why. See Derakon's questions at the beginning, for instance. You also had plenty of comments from arkiandruski that were unanswered in the old thread. If you don't understand how to get better, then I don't know what to suggest. However, there are some very good TASers on this site who I think would be happy to help you with technique. You should also probably look through the Why & How section of the site, if you haven't yet done that. Good luck on future runs!
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.