(Link to video)
Teleroboxer is a fighting game that the player operates a robot and boxes in the first-person perspective. You will fight against seven other robots. If you beat all of them without losing once, you will face the Legendary Champ.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: VBjin svn44
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Takes no damage
  • Manipulates luck
Since some people say virtual boy games hurt their eyes, I edited the red graphics.

Comments

I decided to make the run by request from a user of Nico Videos. The run shows you opponents swaying side to side wildly. That looks funny.
A punch by pressing either L or R hits an opponent after five frames. Within five frames after the punch, the player can cancel its motion by giving the opposite punch of the one. Therefore pressing alternately L and R per five frames is the best strategy. Also cancellation is used to make a feint against some opponents who dodge a punch at the beginning of fight. The punch can be also canceled by pressing ↑ or → to shift from a jab to strong uppercuts quickly. Finishing by the uppercuts shortens a reaction of opponents when I beat, but it works well only at each fight of Pagero and Dorihey because the others attack me during the uppercuts.

How to beat Cheri’s Prin quickly

After giving a punch, the opponent becomes invincible for a frame at regular intervals. At that time, I pressed L (or R), and pressed R (or L) at the next frame of the former input to avoid giving a punch during the opponent being invincible.

adelikat: Accepting for publication.
sgrunt: It'll be up in a few moments.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2658: Ryuto's Vboy Teleroboxer in 05:40.42
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
Because punching people with the pace of a machine gun never gets old, yes vote from me.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
I didn't at all like this movie. It was to boring. Also, you beat robo-opponents with machine guns, who can kill you, an all you get is a cat that does yoga. Burrp.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
You beat me to it! This was a lot more intense than I expected. I was thinking there would need to be a lot of strategy and planning for this. Instead you just machine-gun punch your opponents to death, I didn't expect that :o Yes vote.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Editor
It's just button mashing as far as I can see.
Emulator Coder
This run looks pretty interesting, and I'm sure frame perfect button mashing would make anyone wonder about the game's actual difficulty. Yes vote, because it looks well done and weird, and because there are few enough Virtual Boy games that even the bad ones could be done, and might end up being on the site just because there's only so many of them.
That was bizarre. And the legendary champion is a cat. Right. (Incidentally, it's spelled "feint", not "faint". "Faint" is when you fall unconscious)
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
This was a bit too repetitive to be worthy of a yes vote but machine gun paced punching never stops being funny. Meh vote.
Player (215)
The machine gun punching was really funny. The expressions on the opponent's faces were priceless. Yes vote.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
I don't know what was more amusing, the fights, the reactions of the 7 opponents, or the legendary champion. I think I have to give it to who the champion was. That was...quite unexpected. Yes vote.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
I don't think that this game is varied enough to be particularly entertaining. Yes, the rapid fire fisticuffs are entertaining - once, but seeing the same strategy over and over again gets old fast. Were this game capable of yielding a run more like the Punch-Out runs (as in, the fastest possible strategy was more than just rapid fire punching) this would be more suitable for a TAS. As it is, I vote Meh. There is an encode on the way, however. EDIT: http://www.archive.org/download/VboyTeleroboxerByRyutoIn0540.42/teleroboxer-tas-ryuto.mp4 Stream: http://www.zexsoft.com/aktan/?VboyTeleroboxerByRyutoIn0540.42/teleroboxer-tas-ryuto_512kb
While I do agree that the gameplay gets old fast, it seems short enough to me that it never gets quite boring enough to stop watching (unlike most RPG runs, for example). I think the weirdness of the whole thing might be what keeps this just barely interesting enough to finish watching. Weak yes vote.
Skilled player (1530)
Derakon wrote:
(Incidentally, it's spelled "feint", not "faint". "Faint" is when you fall unconscious)
Let me check in a dictionary... Oh, it says the correct spelling is "feint", too. I'll modify the submission text.
It was just rapid fire punching through every fight. Punch-out has some strategy and every fight is different. This was just boring and repetitive. I could be wrong, but it didn't look like it required any particular skill to TAS this game. Voted No.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
There were a brief couple moments when strategy was seen, but for the most part it was just rattattattatat, which was absolutely amusing for the short short 5:40 that this game runs. Throw in the wacky characters and their expressions, and I don't see why this shouldn't be published. When I come around to watching it again in a few months perchance, call me easy, but it'll still be funny.
sgrunt
He/Him
Player (103)
sgrunt: eyes are swapped in your YT3D encode. You can fix this by adding yt3d:swap=true
sgrunt
He/Him
Kabuto wrote:
sgrunt: eyes are swapped in your YT3D encode. You can fix this by adding yt3d:swap=true
Fixed. I swear I had checked this prior to uploading...
Editor, Player (67)
scrimpeh wrote:
Because punching people with the pace of a machine gun never gets old, yes vote from me.
Seconded. I also found the credits some of the most creative I've seen, what with beating up some of the staff.
hopper wrote:
It was just rapid fire punching through every fight. Punch-out has some strategy and every fight is different.
I don't mean to belittle the said strategy, but I would find it hilarious if you could pwn the Punch-Out opponents like in this video. They're not nearly as funny.
Current Projects: TAS: Wizards & Warriors III.
That was epic. The punching was crazy. This video really shows the definition of TAS and should be published.
A good video, the machine gun punches and the legendary champ being a cat mad me laugh!
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
I voted no. Not that I don't like giant robots punching each other to scrap metal, but this had no strategy, no variation and uninteresting visuals.
Didn't find it entertaining at all. On the other hand, you absolutely destroyed the game. Meh vote.
Former player
The cat was the highlight of the movie. Yes vote. "mrow!" *walks away casually, stretching a bit along the way*
Skilled player (1404)
An amusing little movie for the one-sidedness of it. I approve, even if it does get old after the first viewing.
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.