Game objectives

• Emulator used: VBA rerecording v22 svn175
  • Abuses programming errors
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Manipulates luck

About this game

This game is an action game to kill the enemy with a bomb. After killing all enemies, go to the door, and it will be cleared.

Comments

There is awesome glitch in this game.

Luck Manipulation

• I manipulated the enemy's behavior by basically pushing A and B at random.
  • In Forest Area Stage2, I manipulated the enemy's behavior by luabot once.
  • In Wind Area, all enemy's behavior depends on luck.
  • In Cloud Area, one kind of enemy's behavior depend on luck.

Walk through walls glitch

How to

First, jump from near the wall and move to the wall.
Then, put two bombs in total on the place where the height of jumping becomes the highest and the place where 1 block under the height of jumping becomes highest .
When bomberman enters the wall, release the left/right key .

In the wall

• moving to left/right
You can move to left/right freely even if there is no floor under Bomberman.
But you cannot move into the right/left edge of the stage.
If Bomberman touches the edge of the wall, it will be pushed out to the outside.
  • moving to up/down
If Bomberman jumps when staying in the wall, it will be pushed up for 1 blocks.
However, there is a place that cannot be done.
If Bomberman jumps when it is moving, it does a usual jump.
When Bomberman touches the ceiling after jumping in the wall, it will be pushed into the ceiling.
If Bomberman stays and there is no floor (wall) under it , it will fall down.

In the ceiling.

If Bomberman jumps in the ceiling, it will warp to 16 blocks under basically.
If Bomberman jumps when staying, it will warp to 16 blocks under but camera doesn't move.
And if Bomberman jumps when moving, the following phenomena happen.
1. In sideways long stage, camera will move down and game will continue normally.
2. In vertical long stage, camera will be glitched.

Lua that I used for seeing inside data.(coordinates, status of bombs, etc...)

FractalFusion: This run has received overwhelmingly positive feedback. It's very fast paced with glitches and the author is knowledgeable about the workings of the game. Accepting for publication.
Velitha: Processing...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2674: Robert_Ordis's GBC Pocket Bomberman in 06:51.08
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Wow! First of all, this game's plot is absolutely ridiculous. (Seriously, if you watch the opening demo and the end credits, could they have possibly used more "quotation marks"?) On the other hand, the game is awesome, and you absolutely dominated it. This was great! EDIT: I'm not sure the game needs to be tagged as "Glitched Run". Yes, there are glitches, but I don't think it would be worth seeing a separate run which doesn't use those glitches. That tag makes the most sense when we would want runs both with and without the glitch, for the sake of entertainment (like the Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance runs with Maxim, for instance).
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Editor, Expert player (2459)
Thank you for the great TAS, Robert! I didn't expect this game could be so fast and entertaining. Big yes-vote!
Player (60)
One of those games I grew up playing it was pretty challenging trying not to die and such, I think the jump was on the B button and not the usual A button. My jaw was dropped like seeing the first TAS of Tetris DS, every normal level after Forest is done stupidly quickly. Big Bombing yes, it has potential to get a star vote mainly because it blew my mind away (no pun intended).... Speedy Gameboy TAS of the year I would say.
greenalink.blogspot.com
Bombing Yes vote from me as well. Have an encode: Archive.org Linky Direct Linky (semi-random) Screenshot: Edit: Different Archive.org linkys, using new settings, file is now 0.4 megs smaller :)
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
So... it's Bomberman as a platformer with a bevy of zipping glitches? Hilarious. Yes vote.
Skilled player (1307)
Now this is Glitchy! Yes Vote. :) Also, I aggree with mklip in that this run shouldnt be called "glitched". It doesnt seem like a non-glitched run would be interesting enough to warrant a seperate category.
Post subject: Pocket BomberMan TAS
Active player (333)
I loved this game when I was younger. When I first saw the submission I thought "oh, I bet it is about 20 minutes." lol. Great glitch abuse and a good TAS. YES vote for me.
Skilled player (1637)
Easy Yes vote from me. Also agree that this doesn't need the 'glitched' category tag.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Fast paced, lots of explosions, Yes vote.
That was seriously awesome.
Editor
Megaman called, he wants to have his zipping back.
Patashu
He/Him
Watched, awesome.
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
That was freaking bloody insane. You got my Yes vote. YouTube HD Archive.org collection Archive.org download I really don't know which encode should be published... mine is 100% lossless and encoded with the really tough script I've brought up in the encoders forum, but Velitha's encode doesn't look half bad... for only 12 megabytes. My video stream is 39.6 megabytes, and the audio stream is 3.7 megabytes.
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
That was insane. You took the game apart... Yes vote.
Highly entertaining. I'd give a yes vote but... sadly, I am a lurker. I do have a question though. Why do most of the bosses vanish when you are blasting them? Is that something YOU are doing? Or is it something programmed in the game? EDIT: Apparently I've been upgraded to Newbie so... YES vote!
Player (142)
Definite yes vote, I've given this game a try for TASing but wasn't capable of pulling off the glitch, which makes this run all the more impressive to me. And Peffse: Whenever you hit a boss they start to flicker to indicate their invulnerability period, Robert hits them so quickly after they become vulnerable again that there is no period in which they do not flicker.
Skilled player (1885)
I liked how you had 4 minutes to beat each stage but usually managed to beat them in under 10, sometimes 5, seconds. Obvious yes vote!
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1535] GBC Pocket Bomberman by Robert_Ordis in 06:51.08