Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • Game version: Euro
  • Playing Time: 5 min. 36s.
  • Re-record: 2687
  • All battles, PERFECT
Ryu and Ken.

Truncated: Hello Kregorio, and welcome to TASvideos. As you can see in the topic, your first movie has not been well received. For this reason, it will not be published here.
Do not let this discourage you. People left you many tips on how to improve this movie. For example, you can switch between the characters, and you can choose two characters with more different movesets, to have a more interesting and varied movie. Just making an "all-perfect" movie is not hard with tool-assistance, and not enough. Combos and glitches would help.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
Although I'm not a fighting game expert, when I compare this to the other published arcade fighting runs, I must conclude that the others are significantly faster-paced and display much better use of combos. This either means that the game isn't well suited to that (which I find hard to believe) or that the technical merit of this run isn't up to scratch. It's not bad; it's just not up to the standard of the other movies. I vote Meh. I'm also encoding this for ease of viewing by others. EDIT: Encode: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1ceen2qnuon - there seems a slight visual glitch in my logo, but the run itself is fine.
Ok, the movie is basically using Ryu and comboing into Shoryuken's or Tastumaki Senpuukyakuu with absolutely no Air Combos / Aerial Raves. Y'know you could switch point character at the VS screen by holding down all three punches right? Instead, you insist on using the same character except one match where you did a Crossover combination. I wanted the other player to join for some entertaining battles but no.
I like Doraemon
waiting for the youtube encode
Run..Run...Run.....
Rolanmen1
He/Him
Experienced player (751)
Pretty bored compared to the X-men vs Street Fighter TAS. Voting no
Skilled player (1636)
You choose two characters with near identical move sets, spend the majority of the movie as Ryu, and use what appears to be about the same combo the entire time. Sorry, this got old after battle 3. Had to vote no.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Editor
It's fast but dull. Meh vote from me.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
There are three ingredients thata fighting game should have to be able to be interesting as a TAS. In decreasing order of importance: 1) Technique mastery, such as difficult combos 2) Variety, such as using multiple characters and different styles 3) Glitches This run has essentially none of these. No damage is taken, but no big combos are getting strung together. There's really no variety in playing style or moves. This isn't as bad as the MKII run that only used Liu Kang's Bicycle Kick, but it's not much better. Since this is much less impressive than the published fighting game runs here, I have to vote No. (However, thanks to sgrunt for making the encode!)
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Active player (292)
I don't want to discourage you, but this is a game I know very well so I can't let you off the hook ether. A lot of what makes tases entertaining is the same as what makes combo videos entertaining, so this called for a lot of research on your part In mshvsf for example acceleration from dashing happens as soon as you start the dash letting most characters ( ryu included ) do combos like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qRu2T2oca0#t=1m28s mshvsf fixes most of the brokenness from the early version one xvsf but characters with a floaty air combo finisher like zangief's j.U+mp and hulks J.hp can do some pretty cool air combos in the corner. This run simply not entertaining, and that's not just the jaded combo maker in me talking this time. If this was accepted it would force me to try and obsolete it edit on a side note, the Japanese version should probably be preferred because a character was removed for the other releases
Former player
I also voted no, because I found this to be quite boring and very repetitive. This game can offer a lot of variety in combos, because of two character teams and very different fighters. You chose two characters that are essentially the same and didn't showcase any variety, when you could've gone with a crazy combo like Chun-Li & Spider-Man or something, and showed how they work together.
You know there are air combos in this game, right? Outside of the supers, I don't think you even went above a 3-hit combo. Plus, you need to change the dip switches to put the CPU at hardest difficulty. I want my seven minutes back.
Experienced player (954)
Voted meh, this run need more glitchs, more variety, and more awesomness, looking forward for a better run in futur.
Needs more variety and some glitches
I fell asleep after watching round 2. Definitely not good at all.
I knew as soon as I saw the first couple combos that this wouldn't be up to snuff. You hit with a strong shoryuken that pops them up past the top of the playfield--not exactly something befitting a speedplay, since you could do something lighter that did similar damage and didn't waste so much time. It wasn't even that pretty. Congratulations, you learned to 2-in-1. May I recommend taking up Guilty Gear, to see what combos actually look and feel like?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJSdrVEgOeM This is sgrunt's video file. Maybe youtube butchered the audio sync
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... om, nom, nom... nom nom
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
Dear Truncated: this is not Kregorio's first submission - it is his fifth.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Yeah, I was informed about it in the irc-channel also. I didn't recognize the nick, but I guess I should have.