Hello, everyone! long time no see. For some reasons, i had to stoped making TAS movies, but now, i'm coming back! This run is 30191frames faster than the published run by Xaphan(for the different input end, it is accurately 16189 frames farster). Also it is 9124frames faster thanmy cancelled run

Game objectives

• Emulator used: VBA 1.72 + Rerecording v21
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Manipulates luck
  • J version ROM used
  • Abuses programming errors in the game

Comments

Why use J version

At first, thanks to mikwuyma specilly for he tolds me the chain rod gliches in the U version, then i have find a usefull chain rod glich in the J version, and it is only could be used in the J version games.

About the chain rod glich

It could make Zero through a wall which is overhead of him. Here is the condition i have find to use this glich:
  • Zero must climbing on a wall
  • The wall must on the right of the screen
  • The wall you want to getting through should not a thick wall.
  • And so on i have not find.

More improvement

I'll put it later~

Other comments

The more information about this run please see here.
Enjoy~

klmz: Judging.

klmz: Using a different version from that used with the published movie always causes trouble in the process. However, it can be justified in this particular case, as no objection has been raised. Accepting for publication as an improvement to the published movie.
Aktan: Processing...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2760: computerbird's GBA Megaman Zero2 in 50:54.88
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Yay for computerbird's return! Requesting an encode ( ATM, I can only use my iPhone)
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Skilled player (1307)
In a few minutes, Im going to do live commentary blindly watching this run. Make sure you listen in to hear my opinions on this movie! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sonikkustar This is a long one, So I thought I could have a few people watch this with me. :)
Rolanmen1
He/Him
Experienced player (751)
Fucking Yes Vote. Just a question, when you are re-fighting the bosses, what happens if you glitch through the floor without fighting the bosses? In Z1, if you skip bosses you are stuck, does the same happens in this case? Unrelated Note: Are you still TASing ZX? I got interested but i first want to know if you quitted on that.
Yes voted... I now have a headache from the stream. My headphones give out headaches easily.
Watched this in stream. I enjoyed the run, yes vote.
Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2105)
Rolanmen1 wrote:
Just a question, when you are re-fighting the bosses, what happens if you glitch through the floor without fighting the bosses? In Z1, if you skip bosses you are stuck, does the same happens in this case?
Yes, you'll be also stuck in Z2 just as in Z1.
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
Player (106)
Rolanmen1 wrote:
Unrelated Note: Are you still TASing ZX? I got interested but i first want to know if you quitted on that.
I'll continue the ZX work, and just see your post about ZX, it gives me some ideals in the route choose, but i'm really need a save file which could use all of the models to do some compare at first @@ BTW, i enjoyed your MMZ3 100% run, keep it working~
I'm coming to here to learn English~
Zero has no need for a buster. I love it. Yes vote.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Toothache, thanks for encoding. I loved it, had no problems at all, and it seemed optimized. It's just classic MMZ action we all love in a TAS! Voted yes.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Congrats on finally finishing this, computerbird! It looks great. It's a shame the chain rod glitch only works on the (J) version (since I actually like following the plots of MMZ games), but nevertheless this was a fast-paced run.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Thanks for the encode, Toothache! Gameplay looked good! The switch to using the Chain Rod more was welcome, and I like how you used the Shield Boomerang to efficiently take out reactors. Easy yes vote. I generally fast-forward through the plot segments in the MMZ games. They do have halfway-decent plots, but I've read them all already and they move so glacially in the cutscenes, especially compared to how efficient Zero is in the gameplay.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Definitely a yes vote. Lots of tight movement and shortcuts, and I'm glad you discovered such a cool chainrod glitch, computerbird. The only problem with this TAS is the long cutscenes, but those can't be helped. Skipping all of the main rooms in the Guardian stages was a big plus. Especially since Fefnir's is complete torture (aiming those bombs, ugh) Is there a reason you didn't chainrod glitch right before the boss room in the first Fefnir stage? Is it slower than just climbing normally? mklip2001: lol, you would have a hard time reading through the text even if Computerbird used the (U) version. The text goes by way too fast to be read without frame advance.
Player (106)
mikwuyma wrote:
Is there a reason you didn't chainrod glitch right before the boss room in the first Fefnir stage? Is it slower than just climbing normally?
It is accurately slower than climbing normally, it will cost too much frames to climbing to that area.
I'm coming to here to learn English~
J.Y
Skilled player (1154)
Woo~ Enjoy~ A yes vote from me .
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1589] GBA Mega Man Zero 2 by computerbird in 50:54.88