Submission Text Full Submission Page
Hi,I'm Likuan,a video game player.This is my first video in TAS. This video about Sunset Riders with not shoot any people except the boss. I hope you could enjoy it

sgrunt: Updating the branch name.
FractalFusion: I like the idea of a pacifist run. However, there are a few things in the run that need improving. Please check the existing Sunset Riders run.
  • The main menu can be faster, and some scenes can be skipped.
  • The bosses could be faster.
  • Some scenes could be more entertaining, rather than just waiting around.
Please consider whether a two-player run can be done, although I believe one-player is acceptable. 516 rerecords is not a lot either.
I'm rejecting the run.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2782: omegaredzero's Genesis Sunset Riders "pacifist" in 13:11.52
I'll encode this. Good run, I'll vote yes.
Skilled player (1705)
Excuse me, but can you please expand your submission text to at least explain tricks, glitches, etc (if any)?
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Slower then published run IMO.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
I understood the submission text correctly, this is a pacifist run; the published run is not. I'll wait on an encode as I'm without my emulators at the moment, but in the meantime, let me ask a few questions of you, omegaredzero. 1. Do you complete the stages and bosses in a comparable amount of time to the any%, or at least not significantly slower? 2. Have you attempted to be entertaining while progressing? For example, by dodging bullets? If you said "No" to #1, then your movie is probably sub-par in a technical sense, which is almost sure to result in rejection. If you said "No" to #2, then your movie is probably sub-par in an entertainment sense, which while not as bad as being technically sub-par, is still a detriment.
Previous Name: boct1584
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf05vkcaVJY I have to vote meh on this. YES on the technical side, it's very well done, I am impressed. It's not easy to make a pacifist run of this game. NO on the entertainment side. It's too slow paced.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I like the idea of a pacifist run for this game. However, I have doubts about the technical ability of the run. It doesn't seem like any of the starting menus or screen transitions are optimized. The boss fights look fairly sloppy, especially the third fight. (I also hope there's a faster way to beat the last boss without jumping between the floors after each shot or so.) In general, there's also quite a bit of double-backing to avoid enemies. The entertainment is fairly good, though. It is pretty cool to see a big stream of bullets, all of which miss. Stage 3 was especially funny since the enemies die from a lot of friendly fire, like fire arrows and boulders (and oddly enough, friendly gunfire doesn't seem to do anything in this game...) There could have been more entertainment on the elevator in 3-2, but that's a minor detail. I would vote Yes to a run of this that has better boss fights (maybe it's possible to still pick up gun upgrades to help?). However, this seems like it could be better. This is a low Meh.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
http://www.mediafire.com/?yama32uq5qi3lbf There you go, the encode. I won't upload it to archive.org. I will upload to Youtube later.
Skilled player (1306)
I dont think this goal makes the run any more different than the already published run. Besides the bullet and knife dodging, there isnt anything else interesting. No Vote.
Jungon
He/Him
Player (40)
Another Meh for you. I just think it needs some improvements yet, otherwise, it's really funny to watch a pacifist game, you know, it's not the cowboy style, but it's "ninjaer" =P If you improve what's been already said in this thread, maybe the pacifist run won't be much seconds slower than the 2 player speed run ^^
*Jungon*/*Johnnyz* smilie weirdo =P ^^ o.o @__@ +D
Experienced player (954)
Voting meh to this movie, ill pass the technical details and just trow in it would have been better with 2p (and same goals), maybe with more efforts this kind of run could be published, with 2p at least it will increase a lot the dodging and obviously reduce bosses length.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, bitter!