• Some emulua scripts

Objectives

• Starts from a predefined save
  • Aims for shortest input time
  • Abuses programming errors
  • Manipulates luck
  • Uses warps
  • No damage/death
I just improved previous version by 7 frames.
(Sorry, it seems that I had linked a wrong URL. I modified it.)

Movement tricks

cf. #2124: klmz's GBA Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance in 11:13.12 I tried discovering a new movement like Julius's one that takes the place of sliding. But I failed.

Improvements

Until entering the castle
No improvements. Previous version is so solid that I could not improve there.

In the entrance
I saved 4 frames by using spin attack before whip-launch glitch.

While warping
Somehow I saved 1 frame in the clock tower.

In the previous room of Dracula Wraith
I saved 1 frame until getting on the elevator.
By the way, I manipulated luck while spinning.

Kischine-ryu Ougi!
I saved 1 frame by the luck manipulation.

Thanks

Thanks to TASers of CVHoD, especially, pirate_sephiroth, Comicalflop, zggzdydp, Deign, and klmz, for pioneering and developing the amazing route.
And gocha's Lua scripts helped me to manipulate luck. Thanks, gocha.

ムッムッホァイ

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
GabCM
He/Him
Are you serious?! An improvement over that crazy run? I encoded it in HD, you can watch it below. Link to video
Hot damn, that's crazy!
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
I blinked... and missed everything. You knocked 7 frames of this madness? Yes vote!
[Mister Epic] Download Original MKV (27.41MB, 1920x1280, 60FPS): http://www.multiupload.com/X20GD50OJT
Editor
I watched for about 12 seconds then I was lost at what was going on. 10 seconds after that, boss is pretty much dead.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
GabCM
He/Him
antd wrote:
Mister Epic's encode. Download 1080p (46MB): http://www.multiupload.com/JSYMU47ZPZ
I can't believe that the original MKV is actually smaller than this. I will upload it after TMNT.
Player (116)
Pretty cool, very entertaining. YES vote.
[19:16] <scrimpy> silly portuguese [19:16] <scrimpy> it's like spanish, only less cool
Everything to love in this one. I can't believe you managed to save time. Yes.
Onyx3173
She/Her
There was a TAS in there? I think I blinked and missed it. Yes vote.
I am a figment of my imagination.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Wow, nice job on improving a TAS that's already in the frame-war stages!
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
yes vote and 7 frames faster !
Skilled player (1885)
That was crazy. I have no idea what just happened, but I liked it. Here's another yes vote.
Player (142)
I'm too confused to vote no. I guess I'll vote meh. Oops, that was yes. Awesome run, and nice improvement.
Skilled player (1090)
It's very impressive that you could improve such a tight movie for your first submission. I'm voting yes, as this category is too bizarre to bore me. I hope that you continue TASing as this is one of the most promising starts I've seen in a while.
GabCM
He/Him
antd wrote:
Mister Epic's encode. Download 1080p (46MB): http://www.multiupload.com/JSYMU47ZPZ Download HQ (9MB): http://www.multiupload.com/Q52JWYS1RI
Download Original MKV (27.41MB, 1920x1280, 60FPS): http://www.mediafire.com/?9odkggi2say2i08
Editor
Movie shorter than credits? check. Movie too short for the TAS notice? Maybe next time. Anyway, clear yes vote.
Active player (276)
This really is a case of "blink and you miss it". Yes voting, nice job
Skilled player (1431)
Mukki wrote:
It's very impressive that you could improve such a tight movie for your first submission. I'm voting yes, as this category is too bizarre to bore me. I hope that you continue TASing as this is one of the most promising starts I've seen in a while.
He has TASed Super Metroid for a bit (though I don't really know how much since afaik he mostly hangs in Japanese forums), and he discovered a couple of cool and creative tricks that have then been used in published runs. So he's not a complete newbie :P Yes vote on this btw, such a silly run.
Agare Bagare Kopparslagare
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Oh hai.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Active player (308)
klmz for pioneering and developing the amazing route.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Editor, Player (44)
Can the movie easily be changed to start from power-on rather than a reset?
pirate_sephiroth wrote:
something hideously misquoted
He credited all of you for pioneering the route. The "and" joins klmz to the set.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
ais523 wrote:
Can the movie easily be changed to start from power-on rather than a reset?
AFAIK, Maxim is only unlocked after beating the game once, so he had to start from Reset to keep the SRAM from a completed game file.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
crazy! nice run.