Submission Text Full Submission Page
Complete run on mania difficulty, no damage taken. This isn 't the toughest of shooters but it is one of the most well known amongst shmuppers, so I'd say any shmup fan would want to see a run of it.
Not 100% kills, I don't believe this is possible on the first couple of levels because your basic shots just are not powerful enough, even with some insane flying to back them up. I tried my best. ;)
UPDATED TO BETA9 GMV.

Bisqwit: At the beginning, when you select the game mode, why do you shuffle the options back & forth?
And why are you holding autofire constantly? Your accuracy is very bad.
I only watched the first minute of this movie.
So far, nobody has commented on this movie. Can someone do that, so it won't be just my opinion only when/if I reject this movie?
Bisqwit: Seeing that your rerecord count is only 148, I will assume that you took the cocky approach and thought yourself "I'm a skilly player, I can make a good timeattack movie without using many rerecords".
Bisqwit: Also, your comments on this submission were quite brief. I see you had some kind of .txt file inside the .zip file, but I didn't read it because the zip should only contain your movie, and all the comments should be written here.

Bisqwit, I have answered those comments more extensively in the forum workbench thread for this movie. Please take a look there.

Bisqwit: I'm replying to your comments here, because they affect this submission processing and they're read here when you browse your submission list.
May I recommend watching the ENTIRE video?
If you learn new techniques and you get better during the play, you should start over so that your skill level is high from the very beginning.
It happens very often.
If the first minute of the movie fails to impress me, it might be because the game is not interesting yet and thus I usually watch more, but if the first minute manages to unimpress me (fails in obvious aspects of style and skill), I reject the movie.
I only have basic weapons there, so I have to make up for this with extra movement to spread fire around... which is a basic shmup tactic.
This would be a right tactique if you were playing in real time, as a skilled player. But now you were supposed to be a perfect player who is making a tool-assisted movie. The rim is a lot higher here, and you must ensure all your shots HIT something. Movement is ok, but only shoot when you're actually destroying something.
A mistake I would edit out if this were possible. But of course it can be in an AVI...
A lame excuse. You din't care enough of the result.
Sorry, but I will reject this submission now.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #286: chis's Genesis Thunder Force 3 in 23:44.83
> I only watched the first minute of this movie. Bisqwit, I understand that this is your site and you have the last word... but I hope you will not be basing your choice to keep or delete this movie just based on the first minute! May I recommend watching the ENTIRE video? > And why are you holding autofire constantly? Your accuracy is very bad. Okay this I particularly resent. I'm assuming this also refers to the "first minute". I only have basic weapons there, so I have to make up for this with extra movement to spread fire around... which is a basic shmup tactic. This happens far less once I reach Sieren, where I have all the weapons and begin to pick particular ones for particular "jobs." > At the beginning, when you select the game mode, why do you shuffle the options back & forth? A mistake I would edit out if this were possible. But of course it can be in an AVI... > "I'm a skilly player, I can make a good timeattack movie without using many rerecords". Yes. I have played Thunder Force 3 more times than I can possibly count, and I didn't particularly want to play the whole thing at 5% speeds. I don't really NEED to either (although I did on a couple of occasions in Thunder Force 2). I suppose a movie where the player only shoots exactly where necessary would be more "perfect", but... this is a shootemup, not Mega Man! > but I didn't read it because the zip should only contain your movie, and all the comments should be written here I was not aware of any rule stating that a text file of any sort could NOT be included. However if you wish to remove them, I don't mind. They were really there to accompany the file for "casual downloaders" when I originally posted the movies on the message board.
-Chis | www.chis.nildram.co.uk/chis
Former player
First off, let me say I have not watched this run. Anyway...
chis wrote:
A mistake I would edit out if this were possible. But of course it can be in an AVI...
Unacceptable. This would be cheating. We are not going to fix your mistakes.
chis wrote:
Yes. I have played Thunder Force 3 more times than I can possibly count, and I didn't particularly want to play the whole thing at 5% speeds. I don't really NEED to either (although I did on a couple of occasions in Thunder Force 2). I suppose a movie where the player only shoots exactly where necessary would be more "perfect", but... this is a shootemup, not Mega Man!
Then perhaps you should be doing regular speedruns instead. These are not movies made as best as the author is willing to do. These are runs made perfectly. Your run has 144 rerecords. This is ridiculous. I've made movies where I use up this much in period of 2 seconds game time. Your run is over 23 minutes. Sorry if that sounded harsh, but you should ALWAYS play at slow speeds and get everything perfect. Perhaps not a 5%, but slow enough so that you do everything perfectly. You mess up and you lose a frame? Do it over. Is hitting all the enemies without outfire nearly impossible? Well, its not impossible then. Slow it down and get them all without autofire.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!