in this improvment theres the Snes9x memory watcher tool, or do i have to download appart ? btw, the channels for the sound, can i turn on/off and play with the channels, in this improvment ? ps: i just found that when i click to openm a file, the emulator starts to read file by file to sort that size thing, and it slows down very much becouse the emulator dont keep in the registry the one already known, i mean every tiome i clck to open a new rom my computer slows down.
Run..Run...Run.....
tested it today and it works so great <3 gocha even the graphics now work properly for me :P
Active player (308)
Hey gocha, there's this nasty bug when you're in fullscreen and you alt+tab to another thing and then you can't do nothing but terminate the emulator, because the window won't be restored no matter how many times you click the button in the taskbar... Any ideas?
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
P.JBoy
Any
Editor
Doesn't happen for me, although it sounds like that common Windows problem of the window opening off of the screen or something like that
It happens on my system(s). The window locks up, and can't be restored. I've also found that the Display Config dialog gets corrupted when changing certain filters in fullscreen mode. Neither seems to be version or OS-specific. Both can be avoided fairly easily, though.
gocha
Any
Emulator Coder, Former player
pirate_sephiroth, I couldn't reproduce the glitch, and I have no idea about it. Sorry. The first submission which is made with improvement 11 has been cancelled. I'd like to release improvement 11 anyway, now no more betas. Enjoy your TASing. Fin..? The Legend Continues Now improvement 12 beta has come. I just merged DeHackEd's great lua scripting and did some minor changes. Built with VC2005, no DLLs required.
I am usually available on Discord server or Twitter.
Active player (308)
Well, gocha... it's like I told you: Run a game, switch to fullscreen if it's not already set, then Alt+Tab to another application. You won't be able to return to the emulator. This happens on both WindowsXP SP2 Home and Pro, on 2 very different PCs, so it's not like I'm making up things...
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Senior Moderator
I've had the problem described by pirate_sephiroth. Can't reproduce it on this computer with 12 beta, though.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Active player (308)
here it's still happening, even with 12 beta. moozooh, you're weird!
Bisqwit wrote:
I can't reproduce it anymore, either.
Player (209)
Great work gocha! Thank you very much to contribute so many new and useful functions to this nice emulator. :-) I was glad to see a final improvement11, but now I noticed a error in it: For some reason, everytime I try to click on the "Browse" button to load a smv, it doesn't open the additional window where I can pick one from the list. The "Browse" button acts like there's no function programmed behind it at all, and nothing happens when I click on it. I tested it with improvement12 beta1, and it was same. Even the new Lua Script's Browse button didn't work as well. I then tried it with improvement11 beta 20, and it worked just fine. I tried to check the changes that were specially made between beta 20 and final, but you only listed the general ones, so I don't know what's the reason for it. Do you know why this happens, or what could be wrong on my side? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
See my perfect 100% movie-walkthroughs of the best RPG games on http://www.freewebs.com/saturnsmovies/index.htm Current TAS project (with new videos): Super Metroid Redesign, any% speedrun
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Former player
Where's the Lua51.dll? You need it.
gocha
Any
Full-screen guys, I spent a very hard time for the error, a couple of hours lost! Anyway, I modified the code handling WM_DISPLAYCHANGE finally. I believe that v12 beta2 improves the situation.
improvement 12 beta 2 wrote:
FIXME: SetDisplayMode seems to fail when other DirectX application changes the display resolution often, then it cause crash. Looping seems to avoid this problem, though it looks nonsense.
Saturn, that's odd. Both v11 final and v12 beta worked properly for me, of course. The changes between the final beta and release are very few. I just fixed hq2x filter's bug and modified Makefile.mingw (though I don't use it mainly). A source code diff will prove that. DeHackEd,
gocha wrote:
no you don't. I built the exe with a static library (using Visual C++, not MinGW). Did the exe require the dll when you ran it? If so, I'll attach the dll anyway.
File replaced (13:20 GMT+9). Thank you.
Please link against the Lua DLL. Add-ons require access back to the main Lua library, and you can't get that if it's linked statically into the EXE. Nothing on Luaforge will work if you build Lua into the EXE itself, wreaking the screen shot and image overlay functionality. Plus I had ideas for the network library. My changelog says "split the DLL from the EXE" for a reason in 0.04. Statically linking the library back in ruins the whole idea of addons. In the grand scheme of things, you want the DLL.
Player (209)
I didn't have a lua51.dll on my system at all (did a search), but gocha's v12-beta2 included it now. It didn't change anything in the functionality though, the browse button still doesn't work no matter if I click on it in when loading a smv (movie play), saving a smv (movie record), or in the "Run Lua Script" window. :-( Unfortunately I don't understand anything in programming to analyze the source code diffs, but from what you stated, gocha, my natural guess is that it has something to do with the modification of the Makefile.mingw thing. Guess I will just use the beta20 in that case, since it isn't really that different from the final v11 version. However if this continues with the later releases, then I'll be stuck on this beta20 forever, so I really hope this "browse" button bug could be fixed someday. Oh, and I just tested, this exact bug also happens on your v1.51 improvement. What the heck...
See my perfect 100% movie-walkthroughs of the best RPG games on http://www.freewebs.com/saturnsmovies/index.htm Current TAS project (with new videos): Super Metroid Redesign, any% speedrun
gocha
Any
Sorry, improvement 11 final is not the final actually. I replaced the file. Changes: - Fixed the problem Saturn has reported (hopefully) - Fixed the full-screen crash problem (hopefully) - Improved "Text In Image" option (incidentally) Hope this is really the final. Edit: re-replaced file...final 3. I hate offset.h ('A`)
Player (209)
My problem is fixed now! Thanks alot, gocha!
Player (147)
How can I use Improvement 12 with Memory Watcher Rev.12/13 ? Doesn't work for me...
gocha
Any
Put v12 beta3, just merged the changes of v11 final 2. Dark Fulgore, you need to modify config file of the watch when you add/update an emulator. Help -> Copy Settings for S9XWATCH should tell you the line which you need to add. Edit: Fixed terrible hotkey dialog bug, sorry for the delay (18:52 GMT+9)
Player (147)
Thanks gocha, is working now... :D But, I got serious sounds problems in "Prehistorik Man (U)" with Improvement 12... Is a emulator bug or I need to enable somekind of special options in the emulator ?
gocha
Any
Dark Fulgore wrote:
But, I got serious sounds problems in "Prehistorik Man (U)" with Improvement 12... Is a emulator bug or I need to enable somekind of special options in the emulator ?
I assume it's a emulator bug. IIRC, the game desyncs a lot when playing/recording a movie. Try 1.51 (improvement), and you may improve the situation. I updated 1.43 v12 beta and 1.51 v2 beta. When the same macro was used by multiple players, the macro text was vanished from dialog, fixed. (I didn't update v11 anyway) Edit: beta5, fixed more (2008-02-18 9:16 GMT+9)
Banned User, Former player
Has the ability to replay smv files been completely removed from the linux version? The source code compiles and works in linux, but has no support whatsoever for the '-autodemo' feature. (The command-line parameter has been commented out in the source code, and even the commented-out code refers to some 'autodemo' variable which doesn't exist anywhere in the source code, commented-out or otherwise.) I know some people manage to replay smv files in linux. Everybody refuses to tell me how they are doing it.
Dunno how much is intact in this version, but my Lua version has a command-line option, -autodemo, which will play an SMV on startup. That's in read-only mode. Read-write mode is accessible by pressing Shift+2 (the number 2 above W) and a filename is prompted on your shell.
Banned User, Former player
Where can I get it? http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6539 seems to only link to a Windows executable.
Last page of thread