Editor, Active player (296)
funguy10 wrote:
That's right and TSRP2 doesn't do that. That's why it is clearly the better hack!
I'm not a psychologist, but you sound awfully a lot like someone who has a certain type of autism, I can't remember which. As it seems that you are unable to learn the lesson and to give up with a topic, I have no choice but to ban you again.
Former player
I've finished the video walkthrough, sooner than I expected. However, it's over 2 megabytes (just barely), so I can't use microstorage. Anyone know where I could upload it?
jaysmad
Other
Experienced player (833)
cheetah 7071 wrote:
I've finished the video walkthrough, sooner than I expected. However, it's over 2 megabytes (just barely), so I can't use microstorage. Anyone know where I could upload it?
I'm not sure but i think THIS s a good place for big files.
Former player
cheetah 7071 wrote:
Email it to me and I can upload it for you.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Former player
Your profile doesn't have an e-mail listed, and the in-forum e-mail system doesn't allow attachments. Since I was going to be uploading it to somewhere else anyways, I added some savestates and zipped it. Ironically, the resulting zip is less than 2 MB. Oh well. Here's the link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/5kib9z State 1: Mt. Eerie and Twilight Hill State 2: Koopa Woods State 3: Frosty Cave and Plateau Lake State 4: Swampy Plains State 5: Lava Lake, and getting old exits requiring capes State 6: Whomp's Fortress and Dino Valley State 7: Passage of Mystery State 8: Bowser's Domain and Star City
Former player
I watched.. some of it. Maybe 70%, and quite a bit of fastforwarding. That is one long movie :) It's a pretty cool game. Some of the "puzzles" feel too complicated I think, or rather, they take too long to finish. This is especially annoying when you have to do two identical like 7 minute levels back to back, where key+keyhole are located basically right near the goal post or something. Watching a normal playthrough of this game is therefore, in my opinion, not that awesome compared to other games I can think of. I do think a good quality TAS would be very very cool though, since there's a very wide array of strategies and clever stuff that would have to be used. Planning a route for this would be the biggest pain in the world though, unless you can sequence break pretty much every level which normally require you to go down to small mario.
Zoey Ridin' High <Fabian_> I prett much never drunk
Former player
The route would be hellishly hard to plan, considering that there's a fair number of levels after you get the cape that decape you (not to mention a level where you have to kill yourself). Then there are some levels that could benefit from a cape, but have extenuating circumstances. Woods House, for instance, requires you to be small, but you can have a cpae in your item box. However, this would take enough time to set up that you're probably better off without a cape. I could try to come up with a route, but I'd rather wait and see if any experienced SMW TASers want a shot at it, as I would be completely incapable of spotting level breakages.
Former player
Anyway great job on the walkthrough run cheetah. It should help mrz a lot with at least basic route planning, if he decides to go through with the run like he was planning to last time I talked to him. Perhaps (or likely, even) there won't be any TAS made, in which case it would suck for you to go through the trouble of figuring out a decent route.
Bisqwit wrote:
funguy10 wrote:
That's right and TSRP2 doesn't do that. That's why it is clearly the better hack!
you sound awfully a lot like someone who has a certain type of autism
A certain type? I'm thinking more like all of them. As for something ON-topic, the hack's tough, but pretty innovative, and I'd like to see some of the good ol' TAS tactics bring down this bad boy.
If you see me posting, I'm most likely being a douche. <small>Working on: not ever coming here again</small>
This question doesn't deserve it's own topic, and it has to do with a SMW hack, so I'll just ask it here. Who has played super mario odyssey? has anyone made a video of better than 59.58 in the games training course? heres a link to a vid i made of the afformentioned time, it only took like an hour to make, so it's not optimal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vonQAv0jWTA Also, if the walkthrough for SCW is complete, where is the full version uploaded?
jaysmad
Other
Experienced player (833)
DLH112 wrote:
Also, if the walkthrough for SCW is complete, where is the full version uploaded?
Didn't you see it, its right Here!
Former player
jaysmad is the new concierge of SNES gaming!
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
jaysmad
Other
Experienced player (833)
Zurreco wrote:
jaysmad is the new concierge of SNES gaming!
Its a dirty job but someone's got to do it! Edit: mrz, are you still working on this?
Editor, Active player (466)
I wanted to bump this rather old topic to post my completed TAS for Super Challenge World (any%, not 100%): http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/578415363/Super%20Challenge%20World%20TAS%20any%25.smv My route was to get to Twilight Fortress (since I found a way to get a cape out of that level), and continue on to the end as quickly as possible. I think the total exit count is either 42 or 44, I can't remember exactly. Total time: 1:06:27 Rerecords: 57395 FAQ Q: Why did you wait until after Eerie Castle to get the yellow switch palace? A: The secret exit in Eerie Castle is much faster without the yellow blocks. Putting the keyhole underneath a set of yellow blocks was meant to be a decoy/joke, but it turns out to be very convenient for the TAS. I can't skip the Yellow Switch Palace entirely because it's necessary for getting a cape out of Twilight Fortress. Q: Why do you die at the start of Whomp's Fort 1? Why do you sacrifice your cape at the end of the level? A: Mario has to be small to complete the level because of 1-space tall passageways everywhere. I brute-force the section with the fish blocking the way (by switching to cape and getting hit) so that I don't have to get the silver P-switch. The time lost by not having a cape in the later levels is offset by the time saved by not getting the P-switch. Q: What's going on at the end of Mystery Passage 3? A: It's necessary to set up a glitch to progress to the end of the level: If Mario is holding onto a rope that collides with a wall, the game locks Mario in the "climbing" state even though the rope is gone. The effect is that the game "thinks" that there are now invisible climbing nets everywhere in the level. If you see some weird flight patterns in the area with the plants, it's a result of the glitch. Q: Why do you wait so long in Mystery Passage 4? A: I have to wait for the crushing platforms to rise (it's impossible to swim under them, unlike regular walls and platforms). Since I have to wait anyway, I kill some extra enemies to reduce lag.
These are the sections that I like the most from this run: 1. using the key to jump across spaces 2. small Mario flying with Yoshi... that was very entertaining. Poor Yoshi can't swallow the blue shell. 3. watching caped Mario to fly pass obstacles (usually platforms or into the walls). Thought this isn't new and they are in almost every SMW TAS now, but I like to see them -- it makes a TAS a TAS. Thank you Chef Stef for making the run!
Could someone help? Whenever I try the IPS patch on a SMW ROM, it always says "Bad Checksum". How can I fix that?
See Youtube page (GIRfanaticTAS) for all runs and stuff.
Experienced player (822)
girfanatic501 wrote:
Could someone help? Whenever I try the IPS patch on a SMW ROM, it always says "Bad Checksum". How can I fix that?
Find a ROM with this in the title:
[!]
Then try.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Former player
Though you've already shown me the majority of the run, I am still very impressed. Congratulations and such.
Tompa
Any
Editor, Expert player (2141)
You know I love your run... :)
Former player
Wow, a very impressive run. This is definitely up there in the top 10 TASes I've ever watched. The way you do Eerie Castle is just awesome, congrats on finishing such a great run!
mmbossman wrote:
girfanatic501 wrote:
[!]
Then try.
My rom was Super Mario World (U) [!].smc.
Experienced player (822)
girfanatic501 wrote:
mmbossman wrote:
girfanatic501 wrote:
[!]
Then try.
My rom was Super Mario World (U) [!].smc.
CRC of B19ED489? MD5 of CDD3C8C37322978CA8669B34BC89C804? If not, it's just mislabeled as [!]. If it is that, I have no idea why the patch wouldn't work, unless the patch or patching software is somehow corrupted.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
I used a different program and now it says "Saved Super Challenge Worl.oops" and it does have CRC of B19ED489 and MD5 of CDD3C8C37322978CA8669B34BC89C804. I just don't get it.
Former player
Definitely some very enjoyable stuff in there. Good work.
K, I got it to work. I'm watching Chef Stef's run.