Player (155)
That may have to be timed... getting the extra rupees and entering to the shop and buying it/equipping it may take longer than the owl cutscene itself. It's still a consideration though
Experienced player (599)
interesting way to get to the water temple in an all temples TAS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ls31-3ezfs also pay attention to the way I enter the water temple. I timed it and the new way is 5 seconds quicker than the ocarina dive way bloobiebla used in his TAS ;)
MrGrunz wrote:
bloob for president, although I loved my zora's river early trick :/ so we skip shield now and use the water ESS escape?
? Why skip the shield? We don't need the fairy ocarina, which means getting the shield + old forest escape will be faster with 99% certainty, since that ocarina cutscene takes quite some time. (1 minute and 30 seconds to be precise) So even with gathering a few rupees and buying stuff from the shop it should be faster to avoid the cutscene. You also have to consider that you save time while skipping the owl twice (the second owl is also faster skipped with a stick) and through supersliding. If ruto or cucco bottle are faster I really can't say. But I can tell you that getting stick and shield is worth it. ;) Oh and fucking great work Bloob. Though I'm a little sad. I think getting the magic bean would have made the child route a little bit more interesting. I can only hope that ruto bottle is faster than cucco so that it will keep most of the bean route alive. But in the end everything is great that makes the TAS faster. ^^ Edit: Ruto bottle would ofcourse cost 20r more in the beginning. On the other hand it would provide a lot of rupees further down the line, to buy the hylia shield. I don't know where you would get all the rupees needed with the cucco bottle, unless you slash a lot of bushes. Just something worth considering, imo Although cucco bottle takes mostly place in Kakariko where time doesn't move. So it shouldn't be a problem to get the bottle and get to HM before night falls even once. That might be a problem with the ruto bottle.
Player (66)
I would think that the skipping the Fairy Ocarina would be fastest. It takes a while to get into position, but that would make up the time it would take for the cutscene to run, especially if using the two-nut strategy. Surely it can't take much longer to do Ocarina Items? You gain the ability to Peahat Superslide, skip KG with the Deku Sticks, and probably other benefits (more ESS opportunities?) Downsides of using old Forest Escape: - Need more rupees - Need to go to the store and get both the Deku Shield and Deku Stick, sitting through long texts - Need to get into position for the old Forest Escape - Need to use Ocarina Items when you need to use the Ocarina (which shouldn't be too much; the only times we need to OI we can RBA at the same time) Benefits: - Skip Fairy Ocarina cutscene - Skip Kaepora Gaebora twice - Peahat Superslide and possible other Superslides - ESS opportunities with Deku Sticks Anything else I'm missing?
Banned User
Maybe both routes are needed to be tested? First test if buying the deku stick is faster with new forest escape.
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
Spider-Waffle wrote:
Ya a height memory address would be really useful.
00AC74E8 is height in Mupen64 rr v2. For the record, 00A070ED is bomb count in Mupen64 rr v2, and the offset between the two is the same in all versions of Mupen. This is for OoT v1.0 (U), mind you.
Player (208)
Kirkq (pages ago) wrote: I did a rough comparison [of time to exit kokiri forest] and the [method of megaflipping out of the lost woods] still seems to be about 10-15 seconds faster [than the superslide clip ocarina cutscene method] assuming the deku stick [and shield are] acquired in both cases. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Rupees still seem to be a pretty big concern in all cases.
Kirkq wrote:
Kirkq (pages ago) wrote: I did a rough comparison [of time to exit kokiri forest] and the [method of megaflipping out of the lost woods] still seems to be about 10-15 seconds faster [than the superslide clip ocarina cutscene method] assuming the deku stick [and shield are] acquired in both cases. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Pretty sure it will be more than 30 seconds when tased properly. Btw. also one thing worth considering: without the shield you might not make it to the market from Kakariko before nightfall.
Banned User
Will having the fairy ocarina save time later? Gunz said he was sure that skipping shield and getting letter in bottle was fastest.
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
Banned User
MrGrunz wrote:
interesting way to get to the water temple in an all temples TAS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ls31-3ezfs
How does this glitch work? Could this be used after beating gandorf?
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
How does this glitch work?
A superslide is a ground jump except where you get knocked back at a very high terminal speed if Link shields damage while performing the glitch on a paticular frame. If you do it off a stationery object but don't have strength upgrades Link will warp to the object and attempt to grab provided it's still loaded, but Link's Z-axis doesn't change when he warps meaning...
Could this be used after beating gandorf?
No
Banned User
Can you use it by grabbing a bomb?
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Spider-Waffle wrote:
Can you use it by grabbing a bomb?
If you do it off a stationery object but don't have strength upgrades
Bombs are not stationery objects.
Banned User
Will they're stationary as long as you don't pick them up just like the bushes which it works with :P
Banned User
Will they're stationary as long as you don't pick them up just like the bushes which it works with :P Is it because the bomb explodes too soon or isn't low enough? Maybe there's a way to get it to work with a bomb.
once a bomb has been dropped it is always pickup-able the only time you fail to pick up a bomb is when it is still inside of a bombflower.
Experienced player (599)
yeah, you mustn't be able to pick up the items in order to do that warp glitch, but you are always able to pick up bombs so no way to do this ;)
Banned User
I think someone should give this acute angle a try, or maybe there's one even better around somewhere else. As long there's one somewhere in that tower you might be able to drop down into the doorway of your choice.
Spider-Waffle wrote:
Will having the fairy ocarina save time later?
No. To use ocarina items you have to drop and catch stuff in bottles. But you can combine that with RBA (where you also have to drop and catch stuff in a bottle XD ). Equipping the fairy ocarina would actually loose us time... so yeah.
Grunz said he was sure that skipping shield and getting letter in bottle was fastest.
Yeah Grunz is talking a lot of crap if the day is long. XD But I guess AKA will have to test this stuff out. Did you already test something of this crap, AKA? Afaik you guys wanted to start tasing soon, didn't you?
Active player (432)
Congratulations on the discovery. So what does this exactly do to the route, what items we get and all?
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Mitjitsu
He/Him
AngerFist wrote:
Congratulations on the discovery. So what does this exactly do to the route, what items we get and all?
It will effect every run of OoT. In terms of the any% it means we can get the odd mushroom in the Fortress, skipping the egg+cojoiro. The only downside is that we won't have bombs for superslides.
Experienced player (599)
you are sure, that this will save time at all for the any% run? of course it'll be change the all temples route completely, but any%? in all temples we get chus from well now and go to fortress as adult. we also skip requiem together with magic bean completely, so this trick finally gets really useful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjbh9Upbc2s
Mitjitsu wrote:
AngerFist wrote:
It will effect every run of OoT. In terms of the any% it means we can get the odd mushroom in the Fortress, skipping the egg+cojoiro. The only downside is that we won't have bombs for superslides.
I'm pretty sure that you lose way to much time through getting the chus, mushroom fro the fortress and not having bombs for this to be usefull. Even if you find bushe with which you can use the chus to superlide, there are still some awfully long ways were you won't be able to slide and 10 chus really aren't that much... Ofcourse I could be wrong, but I don't think that I am. :D ... will have to do some math.
MrGrunz wrote:
in all temples we get chus from well now and go to fortress as adult. we also skip requiem together with magic bean completely, so this trick finally gets really useful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjbh9Upbc2s
How does this become usefull? Or rather more usefull than it is now. I thought you had to open one locked door in there as a child...
Player (155)
Yeah it doesn't seem to me like the bombchus from the well trick is any use for the any%. The trick looks like it's a 3-4 minute detour including having to float to the top of the well and go back to the Kakariko entrance to get the first cucco. Getting the odd mushroom as a child was gonna save around like, 30-45 seconds or something? And now with the faster route the detour to Gerudo Fortress is even further out of the way. There also aren't that many slow walks as an adult without bombs thanks to the water ISS. Bombchus would greatly help during the cucco collection (assuming that's the route we're doing) but I don't think by enough to make them worthwhile.