I continued his wip
youtube : Rockman No constancy hard TAS
nico : Rockman No constancy hard TAS
The difference is hard with normal damage invisible after a short time
Defense weakened, Attack weakened
Weapons and energy recovery to reduce
Big = (8) small = (1)
Using a special bug

FractalFusion: Removed Shinryuu from author field as per request.
FractalFusion: Replaced the movie file with an FM2 version. Also, edited movie file name.
FractalFusion: Although this hack is an older version (weapon energy underflow glitch resulting from small weapon capsules refilling 1), this run will be accepted, and will obsolete the publication which uses the "normal" hack.
  • "Normal" hack is not allowed to obsolete this hack.
  • Newer "hard" hack (small weapon capsule refills 2 instead of 1) is permitted to obsolete this hack, if it is well-received.
  • No other hack is allowed to obsolete this hack, except in the case of possible (but unlikely) radical changes in the state of MM2 hacking that produce much superior MM2 hacks.
Velitha: Processing....

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2675: woabclf's NES Rockman no Constancy "hard" in 28:59.07
Wow. I've only watched the first segment so far, but this is very nice work! The way you dodge the enemies is much more interesting than walking through them, like you did in the Normal run. It's also nice to see more of the boss patterns. Looking good! Edit: finished watching it. This is a definite Yes vote, and I think it should obsolete your Normal run. Very nice work. Could someone please explain how you had infinite energy for Item-1 and Air Blade, though?
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
I'm gonna say no. There is some new stuff in Wily 4, but there are a handful of glitches removed throughout. The remaining 92% of the run is identical to the Normal version. I don't think it's different enough to warrant publication.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Satoryu wrote:
I'm gonna say no. There is some new stuff in Wily 4, but there are a handful of glitches removed throughout. The remaining 92% of the run is identical to the Normal version. I don't think it's different enough to warrant publication.
Just remember that this would obsolete Normal, as stated by Fractal in the submission notes of the normal mode one.
A run of the hard mode hack will obsolete this one, if it is well-received.
So don't judge as a separate publication.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Judging from the nico comments, it seems there was an underflow glitch utilized. Item-1 uses 2 weapon energy per platform, but hard mode's small weapon energy refills only 1 bar (instead of 2 in normal circumstances). Near the end of Wily 1 (18:40 or so, before switching to Spin Wheel), a small weapon refill is picked up, and at the beginning of Wily 2 (19:32 or so), Item-1 usage caused it to loop back to infinity. I suspect the explanation is somewhere along these lines for the Wind Slicer in Wily 6 as well. Feel free to correct me if I'm completely mistaken. If it indeed obsoletes the recent Normal run, I give it a lukewarm Yes. If it somehow warrants a new category (not likely), then it would be a Meh.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4136)
It was more entertaining to me than the Normal version. Yes vote.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I'm not sure what to say about this run. At some points, Hard mode was more impressive, but at other points, it just made the game a lot slower. There was less zipping possible. To avoid damage in a number of spots (especially in the Wily stages), there would be weapon switches to a stronger weapon to kill an enemy, immediately followed by a switch back to something like Item-1. Those switches broke the pace a bit. The quality of the run seems a little inconsistent. For instance, the first fights against Crashman and Airman look better than the refights. There's more precision in the first parts of the run than the last parts (some of it is due to Shinryuu, but not entirely). The underflow glitch for weapon ammo was pretty cool though. I like this run, but I'm not sure I like it better than the Normal run. However, the early parts of this run do show that the Normal run could be improved some.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Looks impressive to me and very well TAS'ed. I think it's entertaining enough to be published. Voting yes.
Sir VG wrote:
So don't judge as a separate publication.
Doesn't change my opinion. I still think the Normal mode is better.
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
I get a desync in Wily 1, and I'm apparently not alone in this respect if IRC is any indication. Apparently the ROM checksum doesn't match what's listed in the input file. Has anyone been able to get this to play back successfully?
Active player (295)
sgrunt wrote:
I get a desync in Wily 1, and I'm apparently not alone in this respect if IRC is any indication. Apparently the ROM checksum doesn't match what's listed in the input file. Has anyone been able to get this to play back successfully?
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/321/ I tested the path ips Is found to stop willy 1 stage Surprise!!! I uploaded the new path http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dmkg2mtdjdy This can be run I do not know, why is will be different ? (ground are the same)
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
woabclf wrote:
Surprise!!! I uploaded the new path http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dmkg2mtdjdy This can be run
woabclf, where did you find it?
Post subject: I love myself
Experienced player (538)
Hey TAShoneys, I have a request for you. If there's any possibility please remove my name from there. Basically I am not an author of this movie because my WIP is slightly outdated, I didn't put much spirit and time to it so it was a bit like test 'n round thing and if I remember correctly I did it somewhere around 2006. I don't feel being credited by a WIP I did the past which was almost forgotten by me due new discoveries and improvements I've already found. If anyone else is interested to use my playing from Heatman -> Flashman feel free to copy and modify as you like, this is officially open source bitches. Also a nice work you have there woabclf, I have to say your understanding and calculating through NMI, NEXT etc. scrollings are great and your playing is improved a bit from the last time. Woabctl you can use your own name in the author section.
sgrunt kirjoitti: I get a desync in Wily 1, and I'm apparently not alone in this respect if IRC is any indication. Apparently the ROM checksum doesn't match what's listed in the input file. Has anyone been able to get this to play back successfully?
I had same problem in the past when I saw woabctl's WIP through my friend who is much in contact with him. It was fixed by a new copy of ROM or different IPS patch.
Active player (295)
FractalFusion wrote:
woabclf wrote:
Surprise!!! I uploaded the new path http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dmkg2mtdjdy This can be run
woabclf, where did you find it?
Found here http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6790&start=0 link has now been deleted
Active player (295)
Shinryuu wrote:
Hey TAShoneys, I have a request for you. If there's any possibility please remove my name from there. Basically I am not an author of this movie because my WIP is slightly outdated, I didn't put much spirit and time to it so it was a bit like test 'n round thing and if I remember correctly I did it somewhere around 2006. I don't feel being credited by a WIP I did the past which was almost forgotten by me due new discoveries and improvements I've already found. If anyone else is interested to use my playing from Heatman -> Flashman feel free to copy and modify as you like, this is officially open source bitches. Also a nice work you have there woabclf, I have to say your understanding and calculating through NMI, NEXT etc. scrollings are great and your playing is improved a bit from the last time. Woabctl you can use your own name in the author section.
Sorry ~ Shinryuu Because you made a lot of time So put your name into the worker field
Emulator Coder
Never actually played this one, but it has a good feel to it. The lack of translation isn't really an issue in my mind. Voting yes for being entertainment, megaman style.
Player (48)
Totally awesome in my opinion. :) I was just laughing so hard at the metal fight, and especially the beginning of quick. And it was pretty cool to see the item and wind weapons have infinite energy toward the end. Ive never seen that glitch in any of the mm2 TAS's on this site ever before. wow. :)
caitsith2
He/Him
Player (46)
The difference between the patch that works, and the patch that desyncs, is one stinking byte, at offset 0x3833C in the file. Desync if == 0x02, works if == 0x01. It is that exact offset, where the amount of energy restored for picking up a small energy capsule. Can't move while your energy is refilling, and the extra few frames that it takes to refill two, causes the jump to not register, plus, even if the jump registered and everything else worked, the movie will just desync a little bit later anyways, due to not being able to underflow, with 2 energy bar refill.
I was going to be upset if you didn't have the Wily 2 scroll glitch I figured out in there. But you do. So it's all good.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
As for the hack, I'm leaning towards accepting this hack (energy underflow glitch), but allowing the possibility of being obsoleted by the newer version of the hack which fixes the undeflow glitch (though I think it won't be done).
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1534] NES Rockman no Constancy "hard" by woabclf in 28:59.07
Is this the fastest obsoletion of a movie under a new category? (HARD obsoleting NORMAL, published less than a week apart)
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
We could patch this game to Rockman EXILE, and it turns out to be a glitched up mess. Lots of game resets, game breakers, and no ending. choosing a stage or using item 1 resets most of the time, attack a few bosses usually resets, using certain weapons always resets. Try to TAS this unstable combination if you dare.
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
In this hack the hard version recolors Mega Man to resemble the one from Captain N.