Submission Text Full Submission Page
FractalFusion: The text in italics was copied from LightBlueYoshi's Youtube video.

This is a TAS I started about a year ago, working on it randomly. Like all of my other runs, this one isn't fully optimized. Some of the main reasons are, later in the TAS, I learned that you can cancel the wait that happens before your partner/an enemy attacks by pressing A... I'm also not sure if the route I chose (if I should manipulate certain TMs for moves or not, if I should go different paths in floors) was the fastest.
Emulator used: VBA 1.7.2 v19.3

FractalFusion: This submission, submitted by BBKaizo, refers to LightBlueYoshi's Youtube TAS run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zzdKmRaT74. Currently checking the situation, as judging from Youtube comments it does not seem that the author wants it submitted here, though we prefer that said author posts here about the situation.
FractalFusion: Rejected.
BBkaizo, please do not submit other people's movies without permission. This is your last warning.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Grats on creating the 10000th topic TASVideos ever had.
Active player (497)
It's on youtube, starting from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zzdKmRaT74
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
BBkaizo, did LightBlueYoshi give you permission to submit this?
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Skilled player (1307)
Although this game doesnt have a run yet, you should have at least asked LightBlueYoshi before submitting this run. Im not saying that you didnt, just be careful with the real author.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
It's possible that BBKaizo and LightBlueYoshi are actually alternate names for the same person... especially since the submission text uses a lot of first-person language. I don't know, though, so some clarification from BBKaizo would be nice. Out of curiosity, how much time do you expect would be saved if you used that A-canceling trick throughout the movie? EDIT: Never mind, I just noticed the submission text is copied straight from the YouTube description. That's also a mildly impolite thing to do. I tried to leave a YouTube comment to let LightBlueYoshi know about this, but I got an error trying to post a comment.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Rolanmen1
He/Him
Experienced player (751)
mklip2001 wrote:
It's possible that BBKaizo and LightBlueYoshi are actually alternate names for the same person... especially since the submission text uses a lot of first-person language. I don't know, though, so some clarification from BBKaizo would be nice. Out of curiosity, how much time do you expect would be saved if you used that A-canceling trick throughout the movie? EDIT: Never mind, I just noticed the submission text is copied straight from the YouTube description. That's also a mildly impolite thing to do. I tried to leave a YouTube comment to let LightBlueYoshi know about this, but I got an error trying to post a comment.
Try to post a comment without putting any links, or either sepparating the link docs, i.e. TASvideos (.) org
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
This would not be [submission 2713]the first time[/submission] BBkaizo has submitted a run that isn't his own.
Patashu
He/Him
It doesn't seem to be a good game to TAS, anyway. Like other 'mystery dungeon' games, optimal play consists of manipulating the stairs to be as easy to get to as possible over and over again.
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
N._Harmonik
She/Her
And why wasn't the opening sequence skipped? Or is that only possible in the Blue version?
Why, oh, why do I even <i>try</i> to understand my own species?
Active player (324)
Oh, man. I am a huge fan of this game, but I almost feel the need to vote No before even watching it. I mean, really? A "proper" TAS of this game would have NO GAMEPLAY because you could theoretically start off each floor standing on the staircase, right? Yet somehow it's two hours long...
Skilled player (1706)
Sorry, Voted No The reason is that the "blue" version is actually faster than the "red" version due to differences in lag. But good try though! Next time, use the blue version instead. Edit: Wait a minute, upon reading the above posts, you are not LightBlueYoshi! In that case, this should be rejected for plagiarism.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Edit: Wait a minute, upon reading the above posts, you are not LightBlueYoshi! In that case, this should be rejected for plagiarism.
It's not actually plagiarism, because he listed the submitter as lightblueyoshi. If it was, he would have taken the work and submitted it under HIS name instead. This is a case of "submitting something somebody else made without their permission."
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Active player (277)
CtrlAltDestroy wrote:
I almost feel the need to vote No before even watching it. I mean, really? A "proper" TAS of this game would have NO GAMEPLAY because you could theoretically start off each floor standing on the staircase, right? Yet somehow it's two hours long...
I've heard the randomness in this game can't be shifted very easily, yet the gameplay in the TAS is pretty blink-and-you'll-miss-it nonetheless. You'd be surprised how long the story actually takes! I would rather you vote no for the plagiarism, or for the things the real author admitted to doing poorly.
jlun2 wrote:
Sorry, Voted No The reason is that the "blue" version is actually faster than the "red" version due to differences in lag. But good try though! Next time, use the blue version instead.
What makes you so sure of that, and why aren't any other version differences just as important? Can't we have speedruns of both versions?
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Skilled player (1706)
Bag of Magic Food wrote:
What makes you so sure of that, and why aren't any other version differences just as important? Can't we have speedruns of both versions?
I tried to make a quick TAS of the intro (Where you answer questions), and there was only like 4-10 lag frames unlike the red version. Since the two versions are similiar plot-wise, I just thought that it would be better the Tas the faster version, instead of the laggier one.
I did not want this to be submitted. BBkaizo, please don't submit others' runs without permission. This run is very unoptimized; it's of testrun quality. I'm ashamed to have even made it. Sorry for the confusion, everyone... (Is he fluent in English? He may not understand.)
Sounds like we may need to add "can submit movies" as a user role...
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
Derakon wrote:
Sounds like we may need to add "can submit movies" as a user role...
We already have a user role which does not have this permission - to wit, the 'nobody' role.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
Y0SH1 wrote:
This run is very unoptimized; it's of testrun quality. I'm ashamed to have even made it.
Knowing how difficult the game makes it to TAS (I tried it earlier and gave up), I'd say you did the best you could. I don't think anyone would want to improve it anytime soon.
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
I could do a playaround TAS of this game, get a starting Mudkip to support the meme, have Pikachu as my partner 'cause it's my favorite Pokemon, take about 3-4 hours to beat the game, take 10-12 hours to beat the after part (complete all dungeons, recruit all Pokemon, get rescue rank Lucario, complete all events, meet Munchlax takes even longer) (btw my nickname is McWave as seen in the submission info on my Pokemon Crazy Drummer TAS)
I agree with Fractal. Why not re-submit it when this one gets rejected? Voted No due to fraud.
Current projects: Yoshi's Island Disassembly Yoshi's Island any% TAS with Carl Sagan
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
I don't know why it's taking so long to decide over this. The submitter is not the creator of this run. The person that made it doesn't want it submitted. Since it was submitted without his permission, it should be instantly rejected and the submitter should either have his submission privileges revoked or they should be banned. Simple as that.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
It's not rejected yet due to the new ruling that disallows accepting or rejecting movies until three days have passed. Which will have been passed in roughly an hour and a half.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
There are possible improvements to bring the length under 2 hours.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... *burp*!