Banned User, Former player
I'll be looking forward to this game being TAS'ed soon! I'll watch Randil's smv when I get home from work.
Do I look like someone who really cares what God thinks?! "GI Joe: The Atlantis Factor" - May be improved in the future.
Skilled player (1885)
boct1584 wrote:
This might just be me being arrogant, but I think my WIPs had a bit more entertainment value, because I was using the kick-to-backflip a lot, and IMO it looked cooler. Unless I missed something, you used it once, in Stage 1 before the morphing point.
Yes, I think this is a valid point. I agree that the kick-to-backflip move is cool, but unfortunately, it's usually slower than the strategies I used. I will continue to keep it in mind, perhaps it can save some time in the future. boct1584: Could you re-upload your WIP for level 3? The old links don't seem to work anymore. I have done level 3 today too, here it is.
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
I don't have the full Stage 3 file anymore, due to doing some work on it, having desync trouble, and needed to back up to fix the desyncs; the one I have stops right before the bridge collapses after the morph point. http://www.mediafire.com/?czlj3rfi4ftaz0z EDIT: Watched your Stage 3 WIP. Looking good. A few criticisms, though. 1. Unless there are areas in Stages 4 and 5 where you foresee taking damage to save time, I think it would look better if you sacrificed a bit of time to avoid needing to take damage in Stage 3. Doing it in only one area is just silly, IMO. 2. It looks like you could benefit from some kick-to-backflips in the early part of the stage, before the morph point. (How do you pull that off unmorphed, anyway? I tried it and couldn't figure it out.)
Previous Name: boct1584
Skilled player (1885)
boct1584 wrote:
I don't have the full Stage 3 file anymore, due to doing some work on it, having desync trouble, and needed to back up to fix the desyncs; the one I have stops right before the bridge collapses after the morph point. http://www.mediafire.com/?czlj3rfi4ftaz0z EDIT: Watched your Stage 3 WIP. Looking good. A few criticisms, though. 1. Unless there are areas in Stages 4 and 5 where you foresee taking damage to save time, I think it would look better if you sacrificed a bit of time to avoid needing to take damage in Stage 3. Doing it in only one area is just silly, IMO. 2. It looks like you could benefit from some kick-to-backflips in the early part of the stage, before the morph point. (How do you pull that off unmorphed, anyway? I tried it and couldn't figure it out.)
Thanks for the re-upload. 1. Yeah, I wasn't sure about this choice. I think you're right that not taking damage will make the run look smoother, so I'll redo this without taking damage. 2. Hmm, are you sure you're not mistaking it for me landing after a jump-kick and then jump-kick again? As far as I know, the kick-to-backflip isn't possible in your unmorphed form. If I did pull it off, it was just a lucky accident. :) Could you provide a frame count of where you saw this happen? I think I will have to redo this movie from start. I found a new combo (punch-punch-strong punch, punch-punch-strong punch, total of 16 damage, just as much as the normal 4 combo, but with a much shorter waiting time after the last hit) that can save quite some time throughout the run, as well as some new strategies. I redid the first section of the first level 107 frames faster. Hopefully these improvements keep coming! I'll post a new WIP once level 1 is redone.
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
It looked like you did at around frame 2090, but after watching in frame advance, it also looks like you hit as late as possible and jumped back the other way immediately. My mistake.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Dammit, I wanted to do this. But oh well, good luck to you randil.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Skilled player (1885)
Just a small status update: I've redone the first section of level 1, up to the morphing point (again!), and I'm so far 125 frames ahead of my previous WIP. The game isn't very edit friendly, so I will have to redo everything from here. I'll probably make progress a lot faster this time around since now I have my old WIP to compare with. Here's the latest WIP. You'll notice several strategy changes compared to the old one. EDIT: Finally finished redoing level 1. 349 frames saved over my old WIP! I use a different strategy on the first boss, saving quite a lot of time. Here's the .smv file.
Post subject: Encode of the latest WIP
Encode of the latest WIP (Level 1) by Randil: Link to video
Skilled player (1885)
Thanks for the encode! Here's the latest WIP. It's up to the morph point of level 2. I'm now 742 frames, 12.4 sec, ahead of my old WIP, so it certainly payed off redoing it from scratch. EDIT: New WIP, 994f, 16.6 sec, ahead now. Movie file. EDIT2: Level 2 done, 1120f, 18.7 sec, ahead of first WIP. Movie file. EDIT3: Level 3 done. I lost some time here because I avoided damage completely. I did save some time overall though, so I'm now 1250 frames, 20.8 sec, ahead of my old WIP. WIP. On to level 4!
Player (116)
NICE JOB. Looking foward to a complete run!
[19:16] <scrimpy> silly portuguese [19:16] <scrimpy> it's like spanish, only less cool
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
Playing around in ZSNES, I came across a timesaver at the moving platforms section of Stage 2. SMV: http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1370481693/boct1584%20-%20MMPR-stage2timesaver.smv
Skilled player (1885)
boct1584 wrote:
Playing around in ZSNES, I came across a timesaver at the moving platforms section of Stage 2. SMV: http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1370481693/boct1584%20-%20MMPR-stage2timesaver.smv
*facepalm* I feel stupid not thinking of that. Nice find, it should save quite a few frames. :) This trick, along with the backflip move that mikwuyma metioned, might warrant a new TAS of this game. I'm quite busy right now, so it might be some time until I redo this (if I decide to do it), so if someone else wants to give this game a try, go ahead!
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
Nothing to be facepalming about; the foreground there obscures whether there's anything to kick off of, and in fact the spot where there starts being wall to kick off starts fairly high. Also found another wall-jump related timesaver, this time in Stage 4. http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/656600554/boct1584%20-%20mmpr-stage4timesaver.smv
Post subject: Where you at,sikera?
Active player (434)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO5ZuvIjut8 Btw i luv this game and just considered doing a run for it because it's relatively simple...but i will have to play 2 chars,any tips on that?
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
You could see if there is (or if someone could write) a multi-track recording Lua script. I know there's one for Genesis.
Active player (434)
i need a script to play both chars while recording?damn. also,pink and yellow have the same speeds,just different movesets I considered using red or white for their special attacks(a fast flying kick)but the screen won't move while you do the special so there's not much of a boost...
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Post subject: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - The Movie Edition
Hey guys! I started doing this TAS weeks ago, it's my first. I have had little time to work on it since then, but I might work on it on weekends. I'll try to make you guys updated! I would appreciate any tip you can give me! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO5ZuvIjut8
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
You don't NEED a script, but I imagine it would make it a lot easier.
Active player (434)
but i really can't,emulator doesn't accept the inputs at all for the second char while for the first it's ok.i can do it outside of the recording mode though.
Active player (434)
i got 2 useless glitches today,one is dying in and spawnin in a moving platform that goes offscreen right after the light beam transports the ranger and the other i died on the boss 4 stage when he was already dead,and the game locks the screen on both events...kinda useless but feel free to try something with it. also i was playing 2players with a buddy
i gave up long ago of working in this movie, but would look great theres two ways of starting this tas, already powered up, its just a code you put in the title screen, or you have to collect the power ups, till fill the bar and morph into the rangers
Run..Run...Run.....
grassini wrote:
i got 2 useless glitches today,one is dying in and spawnin in a moving platform that goes offscreen right after the light beam transports the ranger and the other i died on the boss 4 stage when he was already dead,and the game locks the screen on both events...kinda useless but feel free to try something with it. also i was playing 2players with a buddy
Thanks, I'll check it out ;)
wicked wrote:
i gave up long ago of working in this movie, but would look great theres two ways of starting this tas, already powered up, its just a code you put in the title screen, or you have to collect the power ups, till fill the bar and morph into the rangers
Yeah, I know about that, but I'm not really confortable with this. I like using the normal ranger, at least for the first couple stages. The moves are better. But i'll experiment with that.
Active player (434)
wicked wrote:
TASvideos has the policy of not allowing cheat codes to directly help players performance or status
grassini wrote:
TASvideos has the policy of not allowing cheat codes to directly help players performance or status
dude i am member since 2008, i have following this forum here before you so i know some codes are allowed. if you have doubts, take a look at ultimate mk3 for snes dude you just joined the site. please...
Run..Run...Run.....
Post subject: go to hell
Active player (434)
wicked wrote:
grassini wrote:
dude i am member since 2008, i have following this forum here before you so i know some codes are allowed. if you have doubts, take a look at ultimate mk3 for snes dude you just joined the site. please...
the fact that newbie is written right by my nickname means jackshit and posts like yours make me think this site is plagued with elitists. point is:you cannot use cheat codes to MAKE THE GAME EASIER DKC2 hard mode is allowed because it makes it harder(which coincidentally is faster) UMK3 glitchfest run uses the cheat menu to enable pausing.Again,not to make it easier but it enables many of the glitches used throughout.It still should be checked with the site judges if really feel there's any chance of the approval of a "cheated" but well executed run. last part:you HAVE BEEN(grammar) following this site since 2008 and i also have been lurkin this site since whenever so the join date is more of a detail. GAME RELATED PART: i noticed that when finishing some boss battles with 2p you have to wait for both characters to go into winpose to go to the next stage, so health management for damage boostin and waiting only for one winpose should be very important tricks for this run in the overall stop bothering me,old users hahahahaha :)