Emulator

• snes9x rerecording 1.43 v17
  • Use WIP1 Timming
  • Allow Left+Right / Up+Down

Uses death to save time

In King fortress 2, when you die after beating mid boss, you can quickly go to next room.

Takes damage to save time

Upgrade parts "Counter attacker" is available when Rockman's HP is lower 8, and it increase offensive power.

Abuses programming errors

TrickFirst used timeFrames
Going into upper right or left corner5:0318200
<new> Going into lower right or left corner9:5435650
<new> Going into moving block5:1719000
<new> Going into belt conveyor7:1426000
Passing through wall, ceiling and ground5:0318200
Floating in the air (can't move)5:2719600
Air dash (require T.Blade)17:0261350
<new> Air walk2:349250
Skipping mini boss5:1018600
<new> Instant kill the boss14:0750800
Shot from erroneous position15:0354200

Luck manipulation

• Getting weapon energy and bolts.
  • Enemy's action pattern.
In this game, RNG doesn't change depending on time. How to manipulate RNG that can be manipulated by Rockman's action without waste time is shown below. You can see its appearance at 0x7E00FB (2byte, hex).
  • Hit buster or a part of special weapons to enemy or object.
  • Beat the enemy which have possibility of dropping item.
  • Spread S.Drill one time or two times.
  • Use W.Burner in the water.

Thanks

I referred to parrot14green and FractalFusion's submission and forum to make this run. Especially, I got a lot of advices from parrot14green. Thank you very much!

sgrunt: Replaced the submission file with one that is three frames faster.

klmz: Claimed for judging.

sgrunt: Replaced the submission file again with a 30 frame improvement.

GabCM: Added Dailymotion module (encoded from that 30 frame improvement)

klmz: Good quality and positive audience feedback. I think we can have this submission under a traditional "character_choice" + "any%" category alongside the two currently published movies of the same game.

GabCM: Waiting for mmarks' HD encode, then I'll publish.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2927: sparky's SNES Mega Man & Bass "Rockman" in 28:03.12
Banned User, Player (142)
First I'll start with encoding HD & SD
[18:51] <scrimpy> Oh, nothing [18:51] <mmarks> oh [18:51] <Nach> I think scrimpy is just jealous of you mmarks
HOLY CRAP! THIS TAS IS AMAZING!!! I shed manly tears watching this. The zips in this run make it look maybe even more broken than Megaman 2. I enjoyed every second of this, absolutely Yes vote.
Editor
Tenguman comes in all mighty then goes, "Wait, is that a mine?"
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4137)
Wow, didn't expect this to get submitted so quickly. Yay, another Mega Man run in the workbench. Waiting for an encode, but knowing the nature of R&F TASes, I could already throw a yes vote on it.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
Wow, just absolutely incredible. Amazing glitching, fine entertainment and manipulation, really just another perfect example of what a Megaman TAS should be!
Player (208)
Great run, lots of surprises that I won't spoil. This game is awesome for TASing, and this run is awesome. I think this should be published alongside the Forte run.
Active player (295)
good runs Last Stop Movies Great Yes , vote You upload the movei to Nico Should explain the process?
Techokami
He/Him
Wait, that wasn't the right background for Pirate Man's battle...! Yes vote!
Skilled player (1565)
3frame improvement Please replace submission movie file.
Where did these 3 frames suddenly disappear from?
sparky wrote:
3frame improvement Please replace submission movie file.
If replaced, I'll have to cancel the upload of YouTube and start again
[18:51] <scrimpy> Oh, nothing [18:51] <mmarks> oh [18:51] <Nach> I think scrimpy is just jealous of you mmarks
Skilled player (1565)
sameasusual wrote:
Where did these 3 frames suddenly disappear from?
First fight Magic man was improved.
mmarks wrote:
It is almost same, so I think you don't have to encode again.
sparky wrote:
mmarks wrote:
It is almost same, so I think you don't have to encode again.
According sgrunt, I have to do it again
Finally watched this on nico. YES vote.
that's what i call going "lightning fast" yes vote
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4137)
Okay, watched it. Wow, nice run. Love the zipping through everywhere. Obvious yes vote.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Rolanmen1
He/Him
Experienced player (751)
OMG!!!!! The end was pure genious. Yes Vote.
Editor
The ending was a bit of a cheap trick to save frames according to the rules. But hey, the rest was nice. Can't deny how nice it is to defeat a boss as it spawns.
Active player (251)
The last one hit make me laugh,very smart.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Wow! And I thought the Forte run was broken before... this is even more crazy. I just have a few questions: 1) Why does the boss skip only work for Tengu Man that one time? You don't even do that trick in the refight. 2) Could you do the two quick hits on Perfect King like FractalFusion did in his Forte run? 3) Why don't you get in the ceiling after the Ground Man fight? This is still amazing work, though, which absolutely earns a Yes vote. I would also be in favor of publishing this alongside the Forte run, rather than obsoleting it, because the two runs have pretty different playstyles when they're not glitching everywhere.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Skilled player (1565)
mklip2001 wrote:
Wow! And I thought the Forte run was broken before... this is even more crazy. I just have a few questions: 1) Why does the boss skip only work for Tengu Man that one time? You don't even do that trick in the refight. 2) Could you do the two quick hits on Perfect King like FractalFusion did in his Forte run? 3) Why don't you get in the ceiling after the Ground Man fight?
1) Actually, its trick can usable to refight Tengu Man. But after beating, Rockman become impossible to move, so can't continue playing game. 2) Do you mean last two hit? Of course, I used it. 3) After beating boss, the time that can use weapon is quite short, and I can't change weapon to another until R.Mine' effect disappears. So I couldn't go on the ceiling.
GabCM
He/Him
So, mmarks, how is your encode going?
Mister Epic wrote:
So, mmarks, how is your encode going?
so far, I'm in SD encoding, but it takes long time to finish
has finished of uploading the first part of the Game Part 1 The second part will be uploaded to this day (but later)