When the grapple connect to that hub or whatever it is, it acts like a grapple block and just pulls Samus. Although it keeps damaging Samus while connected, it seems it doesn't push Samus back for the damage boost. Try it yourself to understand better what i'm talking about. Sometimes my english play tricks on me.
I had no idea, never mind then. Nice find though!!! I know what your talking about Reeve. There's no need for me to see for myself.
My name is 4N6/Forensics.
Player (88)
Eye Of The Beholder wrote:
Another Half second time saver. Actually in my test it was 27 frames faster but if optimized it can be at least half second probably. I actually pointed this before, but i don't know if i was clear enough about what i was talking and i don't know if it was tested or not. So i tried it myself. The bad news is you need to waste one super for that, but i don't think this would be a big deal. smv Edit: Managed to save 2 more frames, now it's 29 frames faster.
That looks awesome. Good job dude. I was thinking that the noob bridge was referring to the multi-gate room in green brinstar. My mistake.
They're off to find the hero of the day...
Thanks, guys. Now it's official, managed to save 1 more frame and now it's exactly 30 frames faster. smv Edit: Looking to Cp's run again i realized that it's actually 31 frames faster, cause i don't jump through the door to activate the early door transition. Edit 2: Wtf??? Why Botwoon is still alive when you return to his room? At least it is in Cp's 100% run. smv
Your talking about the Super Missile with Speed Booster in the Green Brinstar treasure room? I thought you abandoned that idea because you need the Reserve Tank for Norfair. It'd be nice if you can make it through Norfair without it. That would probaby require more energy manipulation though. Also with Kraid would it be faster to Charge Spazer/Wave him first like you guys did in the RBO with Plasma Beam? Then it would only be 2 Missiles and 2 Super Missiles to kill him. Maybe you can Missile + Super Missile then Missile + Super Missile him again so you don't have to wait for the Missile Cool Down. BTW I had an idea about a Power Wave Combo on Kraid. Can you activate it early and manipulate the particles to not hit the rocks then Grapple Beam him to trigger his mouth to open? I'm not sure if the Grapple would trigger his mouth to open though but, it sounds like a good idea. Edit: Yea Reeve its a mystery as to why Botwoon is still alive but, I've done it on console before. You have to exit his room fast enough while his music is still playing during the door transition and he will still be there for some reason. The weird thing is you don't even have to ball over to be fast enough for that to happen. I swear I've brought this up in the Glitch Topic on M2K2 a while ago.
From what I can tell, in regards to the Botwoon glitch, if you can escape his room before the wall completely crumbles away he'll still be there. I would imagine that would mean that Botwoon only exists when the wall is there.
My user name is rather long, feel free to call me by htwt or tape.
I'm curious about something i was thinking. When you Cristal Flash, Samus goes up a little bit from the position you landed the Power Bomb. So, what happens if you place a Power Bomb in the limit of a door transition in the ceiling? Would samus activate the door transition and Cristal Flash in the other side or would some bug happen? I thought about door transition and that big tube in Maridia that leads to the area next to the Plasma. I can't CF in the air, so could anyone test it?
Skilled player (1431)
I'd imagine the crystal flash would just clip through the door blocks just like it clips through normal blocks, and you wouldn't hit the door block until it was completed.
Agare Bagare Kopparslagare
Do you mean with the door openned? Edit: Btw, does anyone have any new improvement in mind or is trying to make some new strat/trick to work? I really can't find anything anymore no matter how much i watch the game.
Skilled player (1431)
Do you mean with the door openned?
Shouldn't make a difference (also, with door block I mean the block that triggers the door transition).
I was looking through the 100% run again and I can't think of anything else that would save time. Hopefully you guys got some more ideas to throw around because I'm completely tapped out now. :(
Cpadolf wrote:
Do you mean with the door openned?
Shouldn't make a difference (also, with door block I mean the block that triggers the door transition).
I didn't know there was actually blocks to activate the door transition.
Had a minor idea but have no skill to test it to see if it would be faster or not. The idea is for Wrecked Ship, for the room above Phantoon's room where you get the First WS Super Missile pack after defeating Phantoon. My idea is, after jumping over the first robot, to use the sparks coming from the ceiling, the second robot shot, the floating creature or even a mockball in the very ledge of the first robot (and then a damage on the second robot shot) to reach faster the place where you have to destroy the block to access the super Missile area, but instead of using a Power Bomb, use just a regular bomb there. The idea is that if you get to the place where you land the bomb faster, then you would save time using just a regular bomb. Also, you can use the wave beam while collecting the Super Missile to shoot the robot for it to be in good position for a damage boost as done in the current 100% run. Here is an smv just to show the room.
Skilled player (1431)
For that to potentially be worth it I think you'd have to get all the way on top of the second robot with your damage boost, as it would take too long to jump over the second robot and then place the bomb. And it doesn't look like that's possible. Anyway. I've started working on an improvement to my glitched run. I'm not really expecting to find all that much, but I figured I might as well while motivation is keeping high from all the discussion.
Cpadolf wrote:
For that to potentially be worth it I think you'd have to get all the way on top of the second robot with your damage boost, as it would take too long to jump over the second robot and then place the bomb. And it doesn't look like that's possible.
I understand. Well, I hope there's still something to be found while doing the run, cause right now, considering that nobody posted anything anymore, it seems that the ideas are over. I'd like to see Saturn or Taco around too, maybe they have some ideas to share.
Cpadolf wrote:
Anyway. I've started working on an improvement to my glitched run. I'm not really expecting to find all that much, but I figured I might as well while motivation is keeping high from all the discussion.
That's really cool! It's a shame that the run is so short. From Ceres to Brinstar elevator i gave up trying to find anything, that's because everything looks very optimized to me and since your run, the big finds, iirc, was the door-cwj going for the first Missile pack and the mockball after using Bomb for the first time, and iirc it saves less than 10 frames. Also, a long part of the run is about x-ray glitching, so this part seems to be as optimized as it can be (i know nothing about this). It seems to me that if there's anything to be found (if really there is anything) is in Brinstar. Good luck with your project!
Player (88)
that's awesome to hear CP. Remember that the door-open-cwj can be used on the super missile door right before red brinstar too. For the glitch run, do you plan on using snes9x 1.53? It would resolve the flickering issue. It seems like this would be a good run to get the ball rolling with.
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
Or maybe lsnes? ;)
Awesome!!! I guess all this talk wasn't just good for 100% after all. Anyway I'm glad it motivated you to do another run. Good luck Cpadolf, I hope you save many frames!!! Does 1.53 have enough tools for TASing? If it does do it because it will look much better!!! If not I'm pretty sure 1.52 has all the tools you'll need. Also making the move over you might gain or lose more frames depending on the difference in lag from 1.43. I still say make the move over anyway because it looks better. Also is the ISNES user friendly?
Player (88)
Does lsnes have rerecording tools?
Active player (432)
hero of the day wrote:
Does lsnes have rerecording tools?
Try it out: http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12325
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Skilled player (1431)
I dunno, I'm already like 9 minutes in to the run at this point, plus the fact that with 1.5x the new run would be slower than my old run (the X-raying parts would add 10+ seconds alone) isn't really raising my motivation to switch emulator.
Cpadolf wrote:
...plus the fact that with 1.5x the new run would be slower than my old run (the X-raying parts would add 10+ seconds alone) isn't really raising my motivation to switch emulator.
Sorry my noobish, but why would the later snes9x add 10 seconds?
Skilled player (1431)
I ran a quick test and by the looks of it there's an additional frame of lag per turn due to differences in emulation, and that adds up to a lot in the statue room.
Wow your already 9 minutes into the run!!! Never mind continue on with what your doing Cpadolf. I didn't even know it would be that much of a time difference. Is that because of lag? Anyway good luck with the rest of the run!!! Edit: Well you already answered my question. I had a feeling lag would be a factor with newer versions of the SNES9x.
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
Cpadolf wrote:
I'm already like 9 minutes into the run at this point
Yeah, that's too much.
Cpadolf wrote:
with 1.5x the new run would be slower than my old run (the X-raying parts would add 10+ seconds alone)
In other words though, the current runs are faster due to incorrect emulation and should be automatically disqualified. :) Now afaik SNES9x 1.5x is still in a stage where even newer versions could once again turn out to be faster... but for an emulator with the bsnes core that's very unlikely. Switching to it would end this problem once and for all. EDIT: "although bsnes runs ten times slower than ZSNES, it is literally up to one hundred times more precise."