Submission Text Full Submission Page
you are about to view me beating donkey kong in a little time as possible with no glitches, for example no ladder glitch in stage 1. the goal is to provide entertanment. i used no glitches in this run witch means i must compliet all of stage 1. i put a good 2 hours in to this run it was hard work.
  • Emulator used:FECUX
  • beat donkey kong using no gliches

Stage by stage comments

stage 1

STAge 1 went fine exept for when the stupid barrel kept hitting me so i did not use to many rerecords

Stage 2

god stage 2 is problilly the hardest stage imo. i died a hundred times. the end was good though

Stage 3

nothing to explain here but i kept getting hit by that annoying flame
the adience would like to see glitches more and likely the use of glitches could be improved

Baxter: Judging... This submission was cancelled, most likely due to the posts on the forum.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3564: poptart1234's NES Donkey Kong "glitchless" in 01:50.00
...but....in this game's case, this TAS glitches is one of the main interesting things about it... Also, it's slower than the first Donkey Kong TAS ever pubished, one that didn't utilized glitches..
My first language is not English, so please excuse myself if I write something wrong. I'll do my best do write as cleary as I can, so cope with me here =) (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
Player (33)
Don't see too much TAS to it. Felt more like a segmented DK run. Some waiting times and not very impressive. I really don't know much about DK, so please feel free to correct me.
IronSlayer wrote:
Your counterargument would be like me saying that the Earth is round and then you telling me that I need to show it's flat so I can "prove us all wrong".
Seems legit.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
OmegaWatcher wrote:
Also, it's slower than the first Donkey Kong TAS ever pubished, one that didn't utilized glitches..
Thank you, OmegaWatcher. Voting No for being suboptimal. Make sure your TAS is as fast as you can make it before submitting.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
poptart1234, welcome to the forum. Please watch this run carefully: http://tasvideos.org/359M.html . It is the last Donkey Kong run that doesn't use glitches. I suppose the ladder glitch is the only glitch you are referring to. I watched your run in emulator. Your run fails to beat the Donkey Kong run I linked, so I don't see it being accepted. If you wish, you can watch the run http://tasvideos.org/359M.html carefully, watching in emulator if you need to, and see if it is possible to improve in any way. However, it had been heavily contested even before the glitch was found, so I suggest working on another game. Edit: Sorry, I forgot to mention. Even if the no-glitch run is improved, assuming it is slower than the glitch run, it is probably not worth acceptance anyway.
Patryk1023
He/Him
Hello poptart1234. I think your TAS is not needed here. Even I (not a good TASer, but still) improved your run for ALMOST 1k frames (23.8 seconds) using must less work in this (made just in 10 minutes using only 59 rerecords). Watching your run is much... umm... worse, because it doesn't use (JU) version, only (J), which I've currently don't have. You can actually read the file you were using to made TAS. Watch my run in (JU) version (Japan and USA). Voting NO for such a big diffrence and not good ROM (for me) used.
<Nach> scrimpy is fretty with her sunglasses on I'm here. never visible.
Guga
He/Him
It's good to have more TASers coming to this site. But I can't take serious this submission. You don't even TRY to write the submission with seriousness (FECUX is a big example). And now with the post of Patryk1023, the vote is just obvious... NO.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... crunchy!