Game objectives

• Emulator used: FCEUX 2.1.5
  • Objectives: Fastest complete the game

About the game

Metal Max is a classic RPG that released by DATA EAST in Japan in the year 1991. It's famous for it's two modes of battle including human-battle and tank-battle. The high degree of freedom is also a significant feature in this game. The background of the story is set in future that a major disaster occurs on Earth and many monsters rampage everywhere. The hero pursues his dream of becoming a hunter and be kicked out the house by his father.In this game there are eight tanks available for collection and eleven wanted available challenge. The final condition to complete the game is to defeat the boss Noah and go home then you will see the Chinese characters "完" means "The End" after a long trailers video.
This movie mainly used three major bugs. The first,the hero and partner gets on the same tank at the same time will copy a tank. The second, when use a pharmacy to trailer the ATK of the hero will be close to the maximum. The third, after fire a panic bomb to an enemy by tank there will be a chance to make it into confusion and then the emeny may escape the battle even commit a suicide explosion.

The improvement

• Dodged the dog in the cave to the south of Rio Lado by Luck Manipulation to skip a fixed battle and a long fixed plot and then saved a lot of time than record.
  • When arrived the house of the first partner get off the tank at once and saved some frames than record.
  • In the dialogue with the girl in Coronal Building selected the option "no" and saved some frames than record.
  • In Noah base selected a shorter route to open the center door.
  • Added some walking steps to reduce one operation of getting out of the tank during the way from Coronal Building to harbor and saved some frames. (new)
  • The boss Noah in confusion may commit a suicide explosion by Luck Manipulation, then it's second form will not be appear. It saved a lot of time. (new)
  • Avoided an earthquake to save time.(new)

Other

I cancelled the old submition becaue I have improved someting important which I marked "(new)" above. And the waiting time of "Dodge the dog" has became very short by this time.

At last,I hope you will like this game.

adelikat: Replaced the movie file with a 185 frame faster version. Improvements come from "Dodge the dog".
FractalFusion: Accepting for Vault to obsolete the published run.

Ilari: Let's see how nasty this is to encode...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3732: suwei's NES Metal Max in 25:07.15
Post subject: Metal max: YouTube
Skilled player (1174)
It is a nice improvement! Special the dog warp and Noah battle. But you can't escape from all battles. Also I voted yes. By the way, you can post your new movie in the old topic and let the editor to replace it instead of resubmitting.
The king is always lucky.
Player (112)
Bernka wrote:
It is a nice improvement! Special the dog warp and Noah battle. But you can't escape from all battles. Also I voted yes. By the way, you can post your new movie in the old topic and let the editor to replace it instead of resubmitting.
This is my first time to submit something in this forum so there are many things I don't know how to do. Thank you for your reminder. And thank you for your voting.
Player (112)
Player (112)
I'm new here. I want to know how can I contact the editor to update the movie? Who can tell me and thank you very much!
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
suwei wrote:
I'm new here. I want to know how can I contact the editor to update the movie? Who can tell me and thank you very much!
Upload the movie to Userfiles ( http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/ ), then paste the link in this topic with a wish to update the movie, and a judge will fix it.
Player (112)
http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/2546748926282571 Update the movie for 185 frames saved. Dodged the dog almost without waitting. Originally it had been the hardest point in this movie. And other details improved.
Player (112)
Warepire wrote:
suwei wrote:
Upload the movie to Userfiles ( http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/ ), then paste the link in this topic with a wish to update the movie, and a judge will fix it.
Thank you very much! I have done it.
Post subject: Metal max (improved): YouTube
suwei wrote:
http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/2546748926282571 Update the movie for 185 frames saved. Dodged the dog almost without waitting. Originally it had been the hardest point in this movie. And other details improved.
Link to video
Player (112)
Update again for 342 frames improved. http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/2927539127735838 Avoided an unnecessary event "earthquake" and fixed other details. Unfortunately I didn't find these flaws when I updated it last time. Thanks to editor and I'm sorry to take your time.
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
I have to say, 'Metal' Max is very descriptive of the music in this game. I swear I hear the little NES trying its damnedest to put as much cowbell as it can into a couple of the songs! I love jRPG runs (despite the dearth of random battles making it basically a walk-a-thon haha), the music is good, the game is good.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2218] NES Metal Max by suwei in 25:07.15