Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • Played on Hard (not that I'm sure it even makes any difference)
This is just a dumb little game I picked up for speedrunning that I decided I might as well TAS. I found a new strat along the way!
  • Stage 1 - It seems to be exactly the same frame cost to take intentional damage than to wait for the hydrants
  • Stage 2 - Long boring autoscroll :|
  • Stage 3 - You have to grab the fan and blow away the fog before you can jump the trash cans. Standing close enough to the cans lets you blow away the fog faster.
  • Stage 4 - The helicopter boss has random patterns but I obtained a nice fast kill on him this time
  • Stage 5 - Basically an autoscroll, just hold right and duck to avoid damage
  • Stage 6 - There are conveyer belts that speed you to the right or slow you down so I take these into account. Here I use a glitch, where holding up-left while jumping right for some reason allows Elmo to pass through the platforms that would normally block him from below. I use it twice here for a nice time save.
  • Stage 7 - Pretty straightforward, just go right and avoid damage. I do barely make the jump over the butterfly though.
  • Stage 8 - Just a matter of jumping to the top of the building. There doesn't seem to be any clever way to shortcut there from the left or below or anything.
POSSIBLE IMPROVEMENTS
  • Might be able to manipulate a better helicopter fight
  • Lag reduction?
  • Might be able to optimize the platform climb at the very end of Stage 8. Elmo is slippery so it's tough to change from left/right fast.

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: This is a good attempt at a first TAS for this game. However, it is improvable, as shown by TASeditor's run which is 4 seconds faster. Rejecting because a faster run for this game exists.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Active player (469)
Skilled player (1079)
This TAS made me cry years of joy from every orifice on my body, truly Hell is an eternity damned to being unable to experience this work of art of a game. Yes vote
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
I voted no. It's not entertaining enough for moons and there's nothing especially TASy that makes it Vault eligible.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Skilled player (1706)
Not entertained. I kinda stopped paying attention to the run halfway due to being dull.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Meh. Vault Worthy.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Active player (434)
yes vault
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
let's vault that blanket
This TAS would be fun to watch stoned I think. Just boring, voted no as well, could go into vault tho.
GoddessMaria
She/Her
Reviewer, Experienced player (849)
I was really not quite entertained. The game caused me to have headache and run seemed to lack something. It'd be alright for Vault, I guess, but I'm going with No on this one.
Current projects: failing at life
Editor, Experienced player (608)
I didn't find this very entertaining, but it's short enough that I can see how others might. Meh vote.
Editor, Skilled player (1505)
Not only is that one very unentertaining, it is also sloppy as hell. Try to improve it!
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Editor
Who were the seven people who found this entertaining? Come on, don't be shy about it... The big question is whether or not this is even publishable in the Vault. Is it sufficiently optimal, and is it noticeably different from a real-time run?
Sure of course it is vaultable: Is it fairly optimal: Yes Is it's goal 100% or any%: yes Is it not desert bus: yes
Dimon12321
He/Him
Active player (480)
Not entertaining at all! Vault is also doubtful! I vote No.
TASing is like making a film: only the best takes are shown in the final movie.
Editor, Expert player (2012)
Terrible. Doesn't even deserve Vault tbh.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
Bored to tears, stopped watching after second stage. No vote.
No.
So what do I do to get this run accepted?
Patashu
He/Him
dugongue wrote:
So what do I do to get this run accepted?
Prove it's optimal, then it can't not be accepted to vault
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Experienced player (630)
It will be funny if this gets accepted. Voted meh.
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
Personman
Other
I don't understand all the negativity, this obviously belongs in the vault.
A warb degombs the brangy. Your gitch zanks and leils the warb.
Patashu wrote:
Prove it's optimal, then it can't not be accepted to vault
It is suboptimal: User movie #16377801337887940
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Skilled player (1706)
Personman wrote:
I don't understand all the negativity, this obviously belongs in the vault.
I'm just wondering why there's 1 positive comment yet 11 yes votes. :P
I can't watch that on my current computer but thanks for optimizing it taseditor lol
Here's an encoded version of my run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnapRExMvPw Just in case someone wants to watch it.