nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
For long jumping to happen you need 2 frames on the ground walking freely and at a good speed (one frame press and hold Z, the next one jump). The stutter gets mario nearly uncontrollable and standing on the ground for 1 frame only. It could be tried, but i wouldn't bet on it.
Former player
With the stuttering thing, it's very hard to keep going even after you've jumped.
Hypothetical process: Long jump off a ledge and back at an angle that starts a stutter. When you fall off, hopefully the game will allow you to enter the long jumping animation instead of the falling animation. Repeat until you gain so much momentum that you miss the ledge completely.
Trying 127.0.0.1... telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
Well, the route I've thought of for the new 16 star run is 1. Bowser red coins [1 star] 1.1. Re-enter and exit boss area 2. Wompa's Fortress; 3. Get the usual 5 stars [6 stars] 4. Enter basement and go to SSL 5. Get usual 2 stars [8 stars] 6. Head for LLL 7. Get three stars [11 stars] 8. Head for HMC and talk to Toad [12 stars] 9. Get three stars in HMC [15 stars] 10. Continue as normal I wonder if sub 15 is possible.
Active player (308)
doesn't seem to improve much. edit: never mind I just noticed something.
Former player
AKA wrote:
1. Bowser red coins [1 star] 1.1. Re-enter and exit boss area 2. Wompa's Fortress; 3. Get the usual 5 stars [6 stars] 4. Enter basement and go to SSL 5. Get usual 2 stars [8 stars] 6. Head for LLL 7. Get three stars [11 stars] 8. Head for HMC and talk to Toad [12 stars] 9. Get three stars in HMC [15 stars] 10. Continue as normal
That could definitely work...
AKA wrote:
2. Wompa's Fortress;
Sorry, I thought that was pretty funny. Luke Skywalker fought a Wampa in The Empire Strikes Back. In the "funny credits" for Star Wars: SOTE, they parody the closing credits of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. "A wampa bit my sister once. Really. It was pining for the fjords." </geek mode> I assume that's Whomp's Fortress?
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
hopper wrote:
I assume that's Whomp's Fortress?
Wait you really don't know about Wompa's Fortress? The entrance is right underneath the "L is real 2401" sign in the courtyard. The stars in it are much faster than the ones in Whomp's Fortress.
This signature is much better than its previous version.
Former player
asteron wrote:
hopper wrote:
I assume that's Whomp's Fortress?
Wait you really don't know about Wompa's Fortress? The entrance is right underneath the "L is real 2401" sign in the courtyard. The stars in it are much faster than the ones in Whomp's Fortress.
OMG HOLLY FRIKK U FINLLY FIGRD IT OTU DUDE!!! WOT TEH HELLS???
I expected serious posting...
Former player
Ehh, a serious board could use a miniscule amount of fun/humor.
Editor, Experienced player (729)
Not this level of unprofessionalism though...
Homepage ☣ Retired
Active player (277)
Unprofessional? Are you saying we're paid good money to do this?
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Editor, Experienced player (729)
no, unprofessional in conduct. I've noticed that the two main N64 topics- this one and OoT- have the greatest amount of straying from the run itself to bickering amongst the posters about trite subjects. But I digress.
Homepage ☣ Retired
comicalflop wrote:
no, unprofessional in conduct. I've noticed that the two main N64 topics- this one and OoT- have the greatest amount of straying from the run itself to bickering amongst the posters about trite subjects. But I digress.
That's because there are only three posters in, say, the Banjo-Kazooie topic and we all ran out of ammo months ago. EDIT: Four. Sorry, AKA.
Trying 127.0.0.1... telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
Former player
Well, if my satirical misspelled message hurt anyone's feelings, I dearly apologize.
mr_roberts_z wrote:
Well, if my satirical misspelled message hurt anyone's feelings, I dearly apologize.
:)
comicalflop wrote:
I also apologize. The wampa thing was a lot funnier when I was sleep deprived. I really do like Monty Python, though. As for straying from the run, this thread has 86 pages and is almost 2 years old. There have been times when there have been no new WIPs for months. I can only plead insanity. Sometimes it just feels right to make a joke, though I hope that none of my jokes have been at anyone's expense. After this many months and this many pages, I think we've done a pretty good job of keeping the thread on track. If I have been rude and arrogant (and I have been), I apologize. At the same time, I'm proud that this is one of the friendliest and most flame-free communities on the net.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Former player
hopper wrote:
As for straying from the run, this thread has 86 pages and is almost 2 years old. There have been times when there have been no new WIPs for months. I can only plead insanity. Sometimes it just feels right to make a joke, though I hope that none of my jokes have been at anyone's expense. After this many months and this many pages, I think we've done a pretty good job of keeping the thread on track. If I have been rude and arrogant (and I have been), I apologize. At the same time, I'm proud that this is one of the friendliest and most flame-free communities on the net.
Even though I've only been a member here for a couple of months (been watching for a lot longer), I agree with that statement 100%.
Seconding.
I am just a silhouette, a silhouette of a memory of a solitary night .. nothing more.
Does anyone else see the irony in a continued discussion on straying off of topic. It would have been a lot less trouble to just let the joke kill itself off.
Former player
Fine... Suggestion for FODA: in WMOTR, you can long jump to various clouds instead of flying. Happy?
I am a happy person in general. I wonder if TTC is any faster when still? I know it is easier on a console but thats not really applicable to a TAS.
Former player
asteron wrote:
I am a happy person in general. I wonder if TTC is any faster when still? I know it is easier on a console but thats not really applicable to a TAS.
I think it would be the same, since there's no reason to wait for any moving things... It might be a tad easier for some of the tricks, especially my super-time-saving-trick.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
I'll just enter the level as soon as possible (without waiting for the clock's hands), and then test if that clock speed fits the current star. If it doesn't, then i'll redo or take another star that fits. But it's impressive to take the red coins while the clock is moving fast, so i'll try it, even if it's not the fastest way.