Post subject: FCEUX (Current bugs in 1st post)
Active player (410)
These bugs/misfeatures/missing features/etc..., are in latest version, FCEUX 2.0.2. *Replay movie... function is CPU hungry since it opens all compressed files in based directory and the function that does that seems a little messed up. (High priority) *Extra windows like Mem. Watcher and Mem. Viewer should be resizable, and add some extra features for Mem. Watcher like:
mmbossman wrote:
A suggestion: if it's possible, could the memory watch screen be customizable to the amount of addresses currently being watched? Or, if that's not possible, could the default mem watch screen be increased in size to handle some more addresses than 24? It'd be great to have it show up as a small box when only 4 addresses are loaded a big box when 30 addresses are loaded, but if that's not possible, having some screen real estate being eaten up by a larger mem watch screen would be a help.
*Allow more than one memory watch file to be opened at once. * Add support of OpenDML in AVI which is a way better solution than splitted files when 2GB is reached. *Font size and color should be customizeable for displayed text like frame counter. *When going to fullscreen with alt-enter, the game works well but I can't switch back to window mode nor the "Menu Toggle". *In hotkeys configuration, I saw the "escape" button was set by default to "Hide Menu Toggle" so my guess was that escape could be used to any function. But no, you can't set escape to anything.
dave_dfwm wrote:
I did a quick search and found nothing about this question. Is there any way to take an existing .fcm file (one that completes an entire game) and split it into more than one file that still plays? For example, could you take the SMB .fcm file and extract from it a short .fcm file that just shows world 8-4, played in the exact way that the whole movie played that level? I'm curious because this would be nice for WIPs, especially for long games. Viewers could watch later parts of the game without watching everything that came before it. I already know that you can start a new .fcm from anywhere in a game, but it would be really useful to take a short clip from a longer clip. Thanks for help in advance if anyone can offer it. Any information on SNES emulators would be great too, if you have it.
Those bugs may be fixed or not in this version but I haven't tested them yet. So I can't confirm if they are true. *Fix the "freezing upon load state" problem in Legend of Zelda, Bionic Commando, Guerilla War and some other games. (It seems to happen when there is lag in the game. It was happening in Double Dragon and Nitsuja fixed it(Maybe some hack!??) but I think they are all related.) It happens while recording but as well as playing the movie in read only mode(High priority) *Desync. problems in Castlevania and probably some other games too. Open the save #5, included in this file, while recording then play the movie. And yes, the state comes from the very same movie. * Fixing unresolved bugs, like the one where changing to read-only can result in the movie suddenly ending early unless you fast-forwarded for a while and stopped the movie once first. More details there. (Might be fixed. I want confirmation by people requesting it if it's really the case.) * When playing a movie, if you change device, config>input, the video doesn't go well. I couldn't test the next 2 ones as the fullscreen function is buggy in the current version. *
Dromiceius wrote:
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I think there's a bug in the double buffering code for the windows version. It happens when switching to fullscreen with a custom video mode, where the resolution set to the desktop resolution, and with double buffering the sync method. FCEU leaves a flickering ghost image of the desktop around the drawing area. Of course, it won't be visible if the image is scaled to fit the screen. I've tried fixing it myself, but I can't make ends or tails of that DirectX code. Maybe you can do something about it?
^ Might be related v *When I select a Fullscreen custom video mode, like 1024x768 4x,3y. And switch to fullscreen mode, FCEU is crashing if a game is loaded or the "DirectDraw: Error creating secondary surface" error message if no game loaded. [Edit by Bisqwit: stickified] [Edited by AngerFist: I am making this as a normal topic, Bisqwit, feel free to sticky it again if you feel its necessary.]
Player (67)
It doesn't have to be good to be better than Famtasia... anyway, I would like hotkey reassignment and 'bulletproof' rerecording like in Snes9x.
Former player
Good list there, guys! I would like to add two problems I've had, one minor and one major: 1. It seems to always screw up the displayed time for Sword Master movies. 2. Changing the speed within the movie tends to make it desync. Hoping we can fix all of this, Josh.
but then you take my 75 perchance chance of winning, if we was to go one-on-one, and then add 66 and two-thirds ch...percents...i got a 141 and two-thirds chance of winning at sacrifice
Post subject: FCEU release
I don't have a whole lot of time to work on this anymore, but I'll try to update my FCEU patch gradually over the coming weeks. My plan is to implement features first, then try and fix bugs later. I've already made a bit of progess, so here's an interim build which you guys can try out. It's based on FCEU 0.98.12. Here are the changes:
  • Improved movie format. (Old movies will still play in the new version).
  • Improved movie dialogs.
  • AVI recording.
  • Movies and savestates no longer have that annoying hash in their filename.
http://www.filespace.org/blip/fceu-0.98.12-blip.win.rar This build hasn't been tested very well, so I expect there to be a few minor problems. Anyhow, here's what I want to accomplish next, in order:
  • Add input remapping feature.
  • Fix bugs, especially crash bugs and desync problems.
  • Add warning dialogs for newbies, like when the rom hashes mismatch.
  • Add ability to load .vmv and .fmv files directly from the emulator.
Active player (410)
Blublu wrote:
It doesn't have to be good to be better than Famtasia... anyway, I would like hotkey reassignment and 'bulletproof' rerecording like in Snes9x.
Why not? Famtasia sucks and we need this pretty good emulator with better sound and graphic. Especially, I'm doing the new LoZ run with this emu.
Here's a new release: Binary: http://filespace.org/blip/fceu-0.98.12-blip.win.rar Source: http://filespace.org/blip/fceu-0.98.12-blip.src.rar
    Features added:
  • Hotkey remapping. (Wow, this was a lot of work). Bugs fixed:
  • Movies should always start at frame 0.
  • The weird savestate bug mentioned by Phil should be fixed.
  • The default movie filenames no longer have that extra number in them.
  • The AVI synchronization bug is fixed.
There was a lot of code added to this release, so I expect there to be a few new bugs as well... Edit: Anyone who's downloaded this in the last few hours should download it again. Phil has already found some minor bugs that have been fixed.
Player (67)
Taking a quick look, I see that the hotkey reassignent feature is really good. I was only expecting reassigning of save and load but it looks like you can now reassign every single thing ever (power, reset, change to whatever save slot, mute sound, save, load, etc, etc). This version is amazing ... blip, you're awesome!
O_O D00D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111oneoneoneelevenonehundredeleven It's just like the VirtuaNES key remapper...O_O *builds another shrine to blip* I think the autofire is busted, though...it only seems to work when I turn off the speed throttle and let 'er rip at umpteen fps...^_^'
Post subject: Re: FCEU with blip patch ( things to be improved or correcte
Phil wrote:
Movie done with version 0.98.10 doesn't show Author Info in the newest version.
I don't plan on fixing this one.
Post subject: Re: FCEU with blip patch ( things to be improved or correcte
Active player (410)
blip wrote:
Phil wrote:
Movie done with version 0.98.10 doesn't show Author Info in the newest version.
I don't plan on fixing this one.
What should we do then?
Former player
Fix it yourself :p Why aren't you fixing it though (to blip)? Because you don't feel like it or because its hard to do or what?
Bob Whoops wrote:
Why aren't you fixing it though (to blip)? Because you don't feel like it or because its hard to do or what?
Because it doesn't seem worth the effort. It would be easier to hand-convert old movies rather than have the program do it automatically.
Another bug: Just noticed last night that I couldn't take screenshots. Looked in the key remapper, and noticed that the screenshot key wasn't there...indeed, it now appears to be completely gone. Looks like you forgot about it when you set up the remapper... :p
4matsy wrote:
Looks like you forgot about it when you set up the remapper... :p
Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. If anyone notices another command missing or a command that should be there, let me know.
Post subject: New Release
New Release: Binary: http://www.filespace.org/blip/fceu-0.98.12-blip.win.rar Source: http://www.filespace.org/blip/fceu-0.98.12-blip.src.rar
    Changes:
  • Removed old hardcoded hotkeys F10 and F3, and moved them into the hotkeys config.
  • Re-added the missing screenshot command.
  • Failing to write an AVI file now pops up an error dialog.
  • Added an icon that indicates whether you're paused, recording, or replaying a movie. (It can be turned off from the menu).
  • "Loading wrong savestate" crash should be fixed.
  • "Slowing emulator then disabling sound" crash should be fixed.
  • Added a PAL flag to the movie header. It's not reliable at all, since the user has to go to the menu and check "PAL emulation" for this flag to show up... I'll try and update the wiki for the FCM movie format later.
  • Author info for movies made with 0.98.10 will now display properly. (So I lied...)
Next up, I'll try and fix the desync problems pointed out by Josh.
Active player (410)
Can someone explain why I can't ./configure blip's FCEU in Linux. It is written bash: ./configure: Permission denied I have tried with chmod +x ./configure and sh ./configure and both failed. I know I could simply use the binary but I want to compile it.
./configure
bash: ./configure: Permission denied
chmod +x configure       
./configure       
: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
Check the first line of the "configure" file. The first line is often used to specify an interpreter. It may say something like #!/bin/sh. If it does, make sure that the file /bin/sh exists. Also, in Windows, lines of text end with \r\n. In Linux, they end with \n. So when you move a file created on Windows to Linux, you'll see an extra \r character at the end of each line. Then, the first line would look something like #!/bin/sh\r. Since you probably don't have any file called /bin/sh\r, you'd get a "No such file or directory" error.
Active player (410)
With nano, it is like this
#! /bin/sh
# Guess values for system-dependent variables and create Makefiles.
# Generated by GNU Autoconf 2.57.
#
# Copyright 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
# Free Software Foundation, Inc.
# This configure script is free software; the Free Software Foundation
# gives unlimited permission to copy, distribute and modify it.
## --------------------- ##
## M4sh Initialization.  ##
## --------------------- ##
With vi , it is like this,
#! /bin/sh^M
# Guess values for system-dependent variables and create Makefiles.^M
# Generated by GNU Autoconf 2.57.^M
#^M
#! /bin/sh^M
I think CVS did that. When I export the code from CVS, it seems to automatically convert all files into DOS format (CR-LF). If you want to build this under linux, you should probably just run dos2unix on every file in the source tree.
Active player (410)
blip wrote:
#! /bin/sh^M
I think CVS did that. When I export the code from CVS, it seems to automatically convert all files into DOS format (CR-LF). If you want to build this under linux, you should probably just run dos2unix on every file in the source tree.
It works fine with flip.
Active player (410)
I've got some problem to compile it directly under Linux, so I have decide to use MSYS and MinGW32 like they suggest on FCEU forum but I encounter some problem when it's time to "make".
drivers/win/input.o(.text+0x43): In function `InitDInput':
c:/source/fceu-0.98.12-blip.src/src/drivers/win/input.c:52: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectInput7A'
drivers/win/joystick.o(.text+0xc48): In function `JoystickFound':
c:/source/fceu-0.98.12-blip.src/src/drivers/win/joystick.c:368: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectInputDevice7A'
drivers/win/keyboard.o(.text+0x1c9): In function `KeyboardInitialize':
c:/source/fceu-0.98.12-blip.src/src/drivers/win/keyboard.c:64: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectInputDevice7A'
drivers/win/main.o(.text+0x219e): In function `InitializeDDraw':
c:/source/fceu-0.98.12-blip.src/src/drivers/win/video.c:134: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectDraw7'
make[1]: *** [fceu.exe] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/source/fceu-0.98.12-blip.src/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
Try either linking with libdxguid.a or #defining INITGUID at the top of main.c before you #include the DirectX headers.
Former player
Im a newbie again =( I finally downloaded the FCEU-emulator from the latest link in this thread. It looks good but I have some small problems with it. Can I change the key settings somehow? I couldn´t find anything in the menues and I read all attached files as good as I could but the only thing that looked like changing some settings were really strange. I would describe it as a lot of squares.. The only thing I managed to do where to replace the already set A-button with "pause emulator-button". Did I missed something or do I need to do something else? Would appreciate help. Thanks. EDIT!!: Bah. Sorry for this sort of unnecesarry post. I was confused with "Gamepad-input". I found the key settings. Sorry and thanks anyways.
/Walker Boh
Editor, Active player (296)
input.o(.text+0x9af): In function `CommandEmulationSpeed':
/home/bisqwit/nes/fceu/fceu/src/input.c:613: undefined reference to `FCEUD_SetEmulationSpeed'
input.o(.text+0xc44): In function `CommandSoundAdjust':
/home/bisqwit/nes/fceu/fceu/src/input.c:698: undefined reference to `FCEUD_SoundVolumeAdjust'
input.o(.data+0x140): In function `B4016':
/home/bisqwit/nes/fceu/fceu/src/input.c:135: undefined reference to `FCEUD_HideMenuToggle'
input.o(.data+0x1d0):/home/bisqwit/nes/fceu/fceu/src/input.c:153: undefined reference to `FCEUD_TurboOn'
input.o(.data+0x1d4):/home/bisqwit/nes/fceu/fceu/src/input.c:143: undefined reference to `FCEUD_TurboOff'
input.o(.data+0x320): In function `FCEU_UpdateInput':
/home/bisqwit/nes/fceu/fceu/src/input.c:214: undefined reference to `FCEUD_SaveStateAs'
input.o(.data+0x440): In function `SLHLHook':
/home/bisqwit/nes/fceu/fceu/src/input.c:256: undefined reference to `FCEUD_LoadStateFrom'
input.o(.data+0x680): In function `InitializeInput':
/home/bisqwit/nes/fceu/fceu/src/input.c:341: undefined reference to `FCEUD_MovieRecordTo'
input.o(.data+0x7a0): In function `FCEU_QSimpleCommand':
/home/bisqwit/nes/fceu/fceu/src/input.c:394: undefined reference to `FCEUD_MovieReplayFrom'
input.o(.data+0x8a8):/home/bisqwit/nes/fceu/fceu/src/input.c:440: undefined reference to `FCEUD_MovieStop'
input.o(.data+0x8d8): In function `FCEUI_HandleEmuCommands':
/home/bisqwit/nes/fceu/fceu/src/input.c:591: undefined reference to `FCEUD_ToggleStatusIcon'
input.o(.data+0x8f0):/home/bisqwit/nes/fceu/fceu/src/input.c:594: undefined reference to `FCEUD_SoundToggle'
input.o(.data+0x950): In function `CommandUnImpl':
/home/bisqwit/nes/fceu/fceu/src/input.c:602: undefined reference to `FCEUD_AviRecordTo'
input.o(.data+0x968):/home/bisqwit/nes/fceu/fceu/src/input.c:603: undefined reference to `FCEUD_AviStop'
video.o(.text+0x5b4): In function `FCEU_DrawRecordingStatus':
/home/bisqwit/nes/fceu/fceu/src/video.c:112: undefined reference to `FCEUD_ShowStatusIcon'
video.o(.text+0x71d): In function `FCEU_PutImage':
/home/bisqwit/nes/fceu/fceu/src/video.c:156: undefined reference to `FCEUI_AviVideoUpdate'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
What have you done? ... WTF is FCEUD_MovieReplayFrom() doing in drivers/win/window.c, for example..? And why is it being referenced without ifdefs and so on...
Wasn't sure where else to put this, but i downloaded the FCE Ultra download in this thread and in bisqwits emulator page, and the links download the file completely, but the thing is, i get an error when trying to uncompress the files. Is there a way to fix this or is the file just corrupt? Would someone be able to send me a working copy of the .rar please or is there a way to fix the corrupted file?
When scores are drawn, who will you die for?