Post subject: Arc the Lad
Skilled player (1636)
Arc the Lad is a strategy RPG for the Playstation. Amazingly, it manages to be much more simplistic than its 16bit predecessors. However, it is easy and fun to manipulate. Link to video here are the first 3 battles, it is about 6 minutes faster at this point, than the 4 segment speedrun at SDA.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Post subject: Arc the Lad
It's looking pretty good so far. Any future plans on TASing the trilogy? I'm a fan of your work, BTW. I especially enjoyed the Shining Force TAS's.
Arc the Lad has 16bit predecessors?? The 2nd game is so much better, but is so long.
<^>v AB X LR s
CJ
I would love to see what could be done in a TAS of this game. I've just recently seen the entire 3+ hour movie at SDA and I imagine you could get this time down way past sub 3 hours. It's a shame that you never finished this or went anywhere with it cause you're pretty much a legend. I remember buying this game back when it first came out and it's really quite underrated. It's got a lot of the charm from Working Designs but unfortunately it has a lot of translation errors to come with it. There are quite a few items in this game that still baffle players today (Tragedy Glasses, monster fang, phantom sword, etc). I've recently tried to give it another go recently and I thought that doing a 100% run is actually feasible even in a normal gameplay run. You can do this by just using Arc or Kukuru as you only character and doing the Forbidden Ruins with only that character. I've tested this with Kukuru and can confirm that it's not only possible to do, but you can be in and out of the ruins within 3 hours, then proceed to make the rest of the game a joke. I chose her because she can outrun everyone on the team and her magic is really useful on floor 33 with the 8 Hemo-Jis. It leaves me in a rough spot when Arc is forced to take on Iga by himself though. The only hard parts are running past the Soul Reapers on floor 7, the afformentioned floor 33, and of course Choko herself (so far the best strategy I could find is equipping defensive and speed boosting equipment and throwing paralyze apples and bombs at her.) Another benefit to doing a 100% run is all the HP gain you get from getting the necklace early. I imagine that with these methods, a TAS could easily beat this game with all of the items found in roughly 4 hours or less.