Editor, Skilled player (1404)
A beautiful Metroidvania game by Bit-Blot. You are Naija, a sea-creature kind of thing. The game has a pretty big emphasis on story, though I don't think it gets in the action much. In typical metroidvania fashion, Naija can find new forms that allow her to reach new areas of the world. There are warps and save points are scattered across the map. Thoughts?
Post subject: Re: Aquaria
I'd like to see what kinds of glitches we can find with the songs Naija learns throughout the game.
Well, you could get some really fast movement going by sprinting off of the walls.
I am just a silhouette, a silhouette of a memory of a solitary night .. nothing more.
Movement planning actually strikes me as being a pretty difficult problem, given that the walls are generally not straight and don't always go where you need to go, but swimming through open water is slow so the direct route is unlikely to be optimal. Then there's also the need to continually cook up soup for the movement bonus. Naija needs her meth, after all.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
I don't know if this trick works in the latest version, but here's a glitch that allowed me to "zip" for a long distance. I don't know if there are other places it can be used because I don't have the game anymore, nor do I play it. Someone would have to test further. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUS8l7IEI0o Basically you get yourself wedged between a rock and a hard place (intended) and switch to beast mode which increases your velocity. Wiggle around and see where you end up!
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1300)
Has anyone tried this in Hourglass? I'm not sure it would actually work yet. I know that the far-more-obscure Aquarium works, though.