Active player (419)
I think this game NEEDS a 100% before an any%. It would be so entertaining!!
Margen67
He/Him
sonicpacker wrote:
I think this game NEEDS a 100% before an any%. It would be so entertaining!!
YES
C13
http://www.youtube.com/user/atrocity3010 This is for anyone who wants to go for a 100% run of this game. He has gameplay videos of completing the levels 100% (collecting tokens don't count for the 100% run though). Someone could get the idea of route planning just by watching those videos. :P I was also thinking about TASing the game, but my computer wasn't powerful enough to handle the emulation. I would've needed a new computer. :(
RachelB
She/Her
Player (127)
C13 wrote:
I was also thinking about TASing the game, but my computer wasn't powerful enough to handle the emulation. I would've needed a new computer. :(
No computer is going to run dolphin at 60 fps with tasable settings, since you have to turn off dual core, and idle skipping. I've been tasing on my laptop which runs at about 15-25 fps, and it's not a problem at all. It's a bit annoying when playing back to check for desyncs, but it makes no difference when actually tasing. I'd say that as long as your computer isn't 10 years old and not capable of even running dolphin, you should give it a shot.
C13
rog wrote:
C13 wrote:
I was also thinking about TASing the game, but my computer wasn't powerful enough to handle the emulation. I would've needed a new computer. :(
No computer is going to run dolphin at 60 fps with tasable settings, since you have to turn off dual core, and idle skipping. I've been tasing on my laptop which runs at about 15-25 fps, and it's not a problem at all. It's a bit annoying when playing back to check for desyncs, but it makes no difference when actually tasing. I'd say that as long as your computer isn't 10 years old and not capable of even running dolphin, you should give it a shot.
Ah, okay. I'll look to see if I can give it a try. I've once tried to run Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door on my computer using Dolphin 3.0 awhile ago. However, the lag was TERRIBLY slow, and I couldn't even get to the file-select screen.
Margen67
He/Him
C13 wrote:
rog wrote:
C13 wrote:
Ah, okay. I'll look to see if I can give it a try. I've once tried to run Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door on my computer using Dolphin 3.0 awhile ago. However, the lag was TERRIBLY slow, and I couldn't even get to the file-select screen.
Have you made any progress at all?
Experienced player (703)
I think I'll get on this game? 50deb0 = XZ Speed 51efc4 = Y POS 51efc0 = X POS 51efc8 = Z POS
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
Got4n: You should finish your current TASes project :o)(Rayman 3 especially :P)
Experienced player (703)
Yeah, In all way I'll wont TAS it probably lulz
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
Post subject: Pac-Man World 2
I've been following speedruns of this game lately and was rather surprised that nobody had tried doing a TAS (That I could find). I've played around a bit with it in dolphin recently, though I haven't produced anything significant yet. I haven't done a GC TAS yet, so I'm still getting the hang of things and learning. Most of the levels don't have any big skips, though it takes quite a bit of effort to get all of the rev rolls optimal. Precise timing is largely trial and error. The route used by the WR is pretty optimal, so I'm starting there and seeing where I can improve from that in a TAS. If anybody has advice, feel free to let me know. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghGLHhlHkis - Current WR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvC-xlFkAOA - Old WR with post-commentary explaining tricks
Editor, Experienced player (608)
It looks like there was quite a bit of interest in this game, though Dolphin was too primitive at the time for a TAS to be made. There are also a few memory addresses in that thread if you need some. Good luck on your run!
theruseman
He/Him
Player (101)
I'm TASing this atm, after 2 years of putting it off https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYn2TDbcexg
Active player (403)
very nicely done, ruseman. I've been looking forward to an Any% TAS for a long time.
theruseman
He/Him
Player (101)
Finished TAS. Trying to figure out how to encode so I can do it for myself (want to learn so maybe I can encode others videos as well). Gonna give myself til around friday.
Experienced player (630)
Congratulations! Can't wait for the submission and the encode.
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
theruseman
He/Him
Player (101)