Post subject: Rockman X3
Someone posted this on SDA. I thought I should post it here because its pretty game breaking. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka1m52UIf3s&list=LL_0Bdwx_Srpfih30foQxSPg&index=11&feature=plpp_video
My name is 4N6/Forensics.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
Me and Rolanmen1 knew about that a long time already. However, there's questions about whether it's worth it considering the end result will just be a rather boring run of the final stages, without any weapons except the X-buster, making for long bossfights. (Unless it's faster to get Spinning Blade/Ray Splasher and defeat Vile so you can obtain the Z-Saber, but I'm not sure it will make up for the time in the end). If it were, many bossfights would very similar to the any% X3 TAS anyway, and they would just be slow if not. Also, if I recall correctly, it doesn't run on PCSX, and probably not on PSXjin either.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Oh I see. I think it would be an interesting run honestly, but it seems the emulator might be a problem unfortunately. Anyway thanks for responding Mothrayas!!!
My name is 4N6/Forensics.
Active player (434)
i can't really see why that run would be boring considering the X5 and x6 runs that goes straight to the end...
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Nuy
Those runs use Zero, who can kill anything on screen in about 3 seconds. This would use just X, who doesn't do nearly the same amount of damage, thus making it take much longer.
Noxxa
They/Them
X3 is infamous for its long invincibility on bosses (90 frames, or 00:01.50 seconds) and the X-Buster doing pitiful damage - no 2 damage dash shot, and fully charged shots take off only 2 health, too. With over a dozen bossfights in the fortress, X-Bustering all of them is going to get boring real fast.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Fortranm
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (775)
It seems this game runs pretty well on PSXHawk, although it's not finished yet. The save function of the PSX version of MMX3 makes it possible to fight all the bosses without using passwords. I came up with an idea of an "all bosses, 100%" branch and an possible route: Rhino Buffalo Tiger (Bit) Hornet Seahorse Doppler 1 (Godkarmachine O Inary) Doppler 2 (Vile) Save&Reset Vile Catfish (Byte) Doppler 1 (Press Disposer) Doppler 2 (Volt Kurageil) Re-Rhino Crawfish Beetle I put Seahorse before visiting first two Doppler stages for the first time because it might be a good idea to get the leg chip to enable double air dashes instead of getting the golden armor after everything else is collected. The only usful part of the golden armor is the leg chip anyway when you have the Z-saber. Featuring the blue/white armor till the end also makes the run look more different than the "100%, best ending" run on SNES version. I know Hornet's stage has an additional blocking sequence if it is visited before beating Beetle, but that can be counted as a boss, I guess. It's a kind of tricky to get Byte appear on the exact 6th stage. I tried another route one time and Byte didn't appear on Catfish's stage after beating Vile. It should be important to make Byte appear as early as possible so you can defeat the last two bosses with Z_saber. This is just a proposition, I don't know much about TASing MM games :/
Active player (434)
why don't u tas the low% exclusive to this game?
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Fortranm
He/Him
I tested the route I posted, and it didn't work well ether :( You have to suicide for once after returning to Catfish's stage after defeating Vile to make Byte appear. Another route I tested earlier is going to Seahorse's stage to get foot chip right after beating Tiger. The same issue applies here.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
paosidufygth wrote:
http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/215766541/Rockman%20X3%20%28Japan%29-introstage.pjm
What goal are you working on? Just to let you know, I tried to play it in PSXJin v2.0.2 svn0, but it didn't sync. Also, submissions using PSXJin will no longer be accepted after 2016 unless you make a special request in the thread I linked.
Player (89)
I'm doing an any% run of this game.
Active player (434)
the glitched version?
Player (89)
Yes. (Doppler Stages)
Active player (434)
alright,good luck!
paosidufygth, are you submitting this run to tasvideos.org? I was finally able to sync the run (bios is SCPH 1000, ROM name to select is "Rockman X3 (Japan).cue"), but I noticed that PSXJin seems to have a problem with the sound, and there is no stage music. I don't know why that is. Then I think that BizHawk is much better than PSXJin. By the way, a faster glitch password setup: 1111 1117 1122 1181
Fortranm
He/Him
Does it use the same password glitch?
Player (89)
Yeah but it's a faster password to enter.
Fortranm
He/Him
Do you have to get the golden armor instead of one of the four chips to achieve 100%? If this is the case, the run probably won't look too different from the one on SNES.
Active player (434)
yes, golden armor is 100% requirement.
Based on the [url=http://tasvideos.org/5175S.html ]rejection message in this submission[/url], the password glitch has been disallowed for all speed categories. Also, PCSX/PSXJin for this game is not allowed because of poor emulation. @paosidufygth: We cannot stop you from doing your 100% TAS if you so wish, but it cannot be accepted to this site. @paosidufygth: Please read this post. Also note:
Mothrayas wrote:
If you feel you have a long run that already had a lot of work put into it, and will need a while to be completed, you may request a continuance in this thread.
Samsara wrote:
The point of a continuance is to give leeway to people who don't want to give up long-term projects they started with a soon-to-be deprecated emulator.
Since you did not provide any other information (such as an existing WIP which you have already put a lot of work into), your requests were not granted. Also, because of poor emulation, I do not think that any request for a continuance on Rockman X3 will be granted.
i was playing this one the snes and checking through ram for addresses only to remember that there were remastered playstation ones. i could only find the European version (i dont think theres a us version is there?), so i continued looking for addresses in there. i managed to find a few useful or funny ones in that. 0D8528 [] X/Zero Hp counter numerical log 0D90B0 [] a 4 byte value. the first byte handles charging. starting from 14(20)up to a max of C9(201). with an unarmored x, it just keeps going and loops over and over again. the second handles dash jumping. with a non 0 value, you are in the jump dash state. the third appears to be a dashing flag. the 4th handles x/z character state like 01 = movement. grounded, etc 0D9114 | messes with x and zeros graphical routines depending on value like 56 handling dashing. 0D92F4 | freezing this messes with the charge visuals. cool looking actually. stuff like this. does anyone know some other ones? or a 60fps version of this game?
Noxxa
They/Them
There is no USA release of the PSX/Saturn version of this game. You'll have to go with the Japanese release for a 60fps version.