Active player (266)
Here the reason which I have waited on level 26: I was to wait until the triangles encircled in red on the image are aligned before I launch the ball.
downloading it now.. @ 150k =D hopefully it's same pace as the gradius because it was =DDD it sank to 40k now -_- darn
// ZtanZ
Former player
Can be found where? And is it the entire game?
/Walker Boh
Former player
Sorry im stupid. Downloading it now from the main page. Sorry for dual posts. ---- Im impressed! Great work man! Very very nice!
/Walker Boh
Former player
Great work, Genisto. Very exciting. I have a question though. Why not use the Laser option more frequently? Wouldn't that be faster on most stages?
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
Active player (266)
feitclub wrote:
Why not use the Laser option more frequently? Wouldn't that be faster on most stages?
Yes the laser is more effective in some levels but I wanted to return my video most impressive possible.
then someone will do it faster soon :(
// ZtanZ
i really enjoyed this run =D (though the boss was too easy)
// ZtanZ
Active player (410)
feitclub wrote:
Great work, Genisto. Very exciting. I have a question though. Why not use the Laser option more frequently? Wouldn't that be faster on most stages?
It's an aesthetic time attack not a fast run which will make it boring if someone do this.It's easy to do a 3 minutes Timeattack on this game but I'm sure you'll be deceived :p
if real speed + skill is showed.. it's still fun to watch.. just that it will lack style
// ZtanZ
Former player
"Doh" is the first level on Arkanoid 2 (The Moai Head) and he is alot harder..... Is someone going to do a speedrun for this game? If not, I'll make one in a couple of minutes (It will take less than 20 minutes to complete)
Active player (410)
Well good luck you'll need it
yeah.. gl and post the fmv directly =)
// ZtanZ
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
Watching the video i found out that the american version is diff from the jap one. the 3rd level is harder on the jap version (has more golden blocks) and the level 32 is different and there's no level 33, it's straight to the fight with doh. it would be faster to finish the jap version i guess. since on the amercian version it goes to level 36.
Active player (410)
Well 10 days later the supposed 20 minutes rin isn't finished. :P
Active player (410)
Well it seems the american version is harder then and it's good that way.
Former player
I decided to not do it. It wasn't very interesting and had me warping very fast, that it looked extremly unnatural (I was collecting the item before touching the walls) I played about the first 7 levels in less than 2 minutes, so, theoritcally the game could be completed in about 7 minutes using only warps. That would be very stupid because there is a level skip code anyway that you perform each level. If, though, you wanted a pure speedrun (I would use lasers) then I could make that. I will not use warps though because they make it look stupid.
Active player (410)
Btw the way Arkanoid 2 isn't very well emulating with Famtasia.I don't think you should do it.
Phil wrote:
Well 10 days later the supposed 20 minutes rin isn't finished. :P
nownow, don't discourage the wonderful time-attackers :) I think puzzle games are the most unique in this regard because there are as stated many ways to be "amazing"... fastest time, fastest FULL time, more UNIQUE approach, and them there's best FULL 100% completion :) Anyways, if that doesn't say it, I'm a firm believer in the artistry required to make time-attacks, speedruns, and art out of these classic pieces of video game history. :)
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
on the computer playing demo mode (wait a few secs, u get the story and then computer starts playing) the A button functions can be command by the player! weird, huh? funny thing is when u get the red shooter power, you can fire madly, especially on the 3rd demo where there are big gray blocks, you can get the red shot very early. now i haven't tried this on the emu yet, but i almost cleared the stage on my real nes. The demo plays only for a short period of time, so u gotta be fast. question is: what if u clear the whole level? will it keep playing on an empty screen? will it crash? will it go to next level? lol.. gotta try it on the emu. ps.: i only tried this on the japanese version
Active player (410)
lol it seems you found a bug ;)
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
i knew this since i bought the game when nes was the main videogame. funny thing is that back then i had a japanese version too. i sold everything to buy snes, and now i bought nes again and my arkanoid is on my 110 games cart. it is jap too. that's why i found it weird that the usa version is diff, i had no idea.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
whoa!!!!! i was playing on my NES (because someone was using the computer... damnit) and i left only 1 block left!! argh.... i tried several times... couldn't finish the level. i've been trying on the emulator, and i couldn't clear it out yet, BUT i found another glitch loooool if the computer gets a powerup just before hitting the ball it will slow him down and he will not catch the ball, resulting in a loss lol. AND if right after he dies, you do the continue code (hold A+B and press select 5 times, don't release a+b and press start) you will see area 1 but you will be at the area the computer was playing haha, and i passed that area, it went to area 2, but it was the level after that one! i will play to the end and see what happens.. too bad i could only do the cheat on the level 5, i could do it on the level 26 (i guess it's 26 that one with big gray blocks with a color block in the middle of each) so it would be much faster to get to the final boss. come to think of it, this may be faster than the timeattack itself! lool!!! it's a glitch using a cheat code, but i think it's a cool glitch hehe.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
bah... i finsihed it, the boss was at level 29 lol, but nothing special happnened. gotta see if i can clear the level while on demo mode. (i recorded, it's not a timeattack, i do the continue on computer level glitch, and play around while going go finish the game)
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
uh oh... i managed to clear the level while playing as the cpu. some things happened: when i cleared it, it seemed just like a normal stage clear, the screen freezes, waits 1 sec, screen gets black. then the story line appeared on screen for 1 frame of duration, but with a screwed up pallete. the text was light red. if you press start there, you will be taken to the title screen with that screwed up pallete. it's a weird title screen that looks more like a hack of the game than anything else. if u press start a little later, you get another title screen with yet another diff palete. if you don't press start you are taken to the next DEMO level (there are 5 demos on the game. i beat the last one, and it took me to the first one, instead of the next logical 1 player mode level sequences). but, there was no vaus spaceship, no ball, no enemies, just the rectangles and the left enemy lair keeps opening/closing fast. if u wait it will take u to title screen in like 5 seconds. if u press A to release a suposedly there ball, you will die instantly at the bottom left of the screen, way bellow the line where you can play. back to the title screen you do the continue cheat after having been killed and you are taken to that level where u died, but it's named level 2 lol... the stage select cheat will still work only for the first real 16 levels (no matter what fake level number you are now). so, i suppose the fastest run with cheats would be going to demo level "3", clearing the level (very hard, but doable), that way u get to level 30. here is a map of the demo levels: demo 1 = level 14 demo 2 = level 15 demo 3 = level 23 demo 4 = level 30 demo 5 = level 5 unfortunately i have completed the task on the last demo, wich was easier... :P as you can see, clearing demo 3, getting to demo 4, suicide, continue cheat, takes you to level 30. on the japanese rom the boss is at level 33. that would make a really short video that shows the glitch. the final boss screen would be named only level 5! lolz.... you would beat 1 level as the computer, die, beat 3 levels normally, and fight final boss.